Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options

Southeastern
    ‏Verified account @Se_Railway
    21 minutes ago

NEW: We have been advised of a signalling problem in the #NewCross area affecting trains from London Bridge towards Charlton via Greenwich. More details to follow.
    0 replies . 1 retweet 0 likes

So, Southeastern on cue...
  • Options

Just drove from Dartford to Canterbury and back. The roads are absolutely fine.

They are now but will not be when the match finishes if the predicted snow falls.
    It melted on the roads this morning because the ground was relatively warm from yesterday, think hex already said this.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Intermittent blizzards on the M62, speed restrictions of 50 mph. Sunshine now in West Yorkshire with the odd flurry.
  • Options
    Was at the Vimy Ridge memorial earlier today, don’t think I’ve been so cold for years.

Couldn’t walk around most of it as it was covered in ice.
  • Options

Gillingham's match off!

Seems to be the only league match off at the moment
  • Options
    What's the chances of the pitch being watered before kick off.
    I swear they would even water it if it was raining.
  • Options

Gillingham's match off!

Seems to be the only league match off at the moment
    I can only assume it has been postponed as a precaution given the forecast of worse snow later.

I live six miles or so East of the ground and although it has snowed most of the time since 7am or so it has only really settled on lawns and cars. The roads, even side roads, are ok at the moment.
  • Options
    Am I’m Charlton now... that was one of the smoothest journeys I’ve ever had to get here from Norfolk
  • Options
    According to Kentonline the match was called off on safety grounds due to snow in the open away stand.
  • Options

According to Kentonline the match was called off on safety grounds due to snow in the open away stand.

That's a fair thing to do, that stand would be horrible today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BBC says frozen pitch
  • Options
    Says heavy snow for the south east (Surrey, Sussex, Kent, London equally) from 8pm till 4 or 5 am. Temp below zero consistently. I would be surprised if it doesn’t stick at some point
  • Options
    Bastard biting freezing wind tonight but just a sprinkling of the white stuff up north. Bit like summer really.
  • Options

BBC says frozen pitch
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gillingham-blackburn-rovers-report-161660/

The pitch was playable, it was the horrendous away end that was to blame.
  • Options

Bromley has had a tiny bit but going through Peckham it was quite hard.

Were you sitting over the engine ?
  • Options

Bromley has had a tiny bit but going through Peckham it was quite hard.

Were you sitting over the engine ?
    He was sitting on my lap
    Now leave him alone
  • Options
    Snow seems to have settled when you stay on the old A2 into Strood - Good to see that the Gritters have been out everywhere but here.

Perfect timing too as goes to show what my £70 council tax increase will be spent on for 2018/19 (i.e. Nowt useful!!)
  • Options
    Snowing again in north London (Golders Green)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And on the ski slopes of Shooters Hill
  • Options
    And in Mereworth (Kent)
  • Options

And even in Sunny Cornwall. It looks like a Christmas card here.

No snow for 8 years, and then twice in 2 weeks in March.
    It's usually Spring here long before now. Taint right. The planet's buggered.
  • Options
    And in SE18
  • Options
    Been a steady amount for the past few hours in Farningham.
  • Options
    And in Berkshire - had more snow here this time than a fortnight ago.
  • Options
    Been snowing here in the North West, might have to be an orange ball at Rochdale this afternoon :open_mouth: . Admin can you amend the date in the title of this post please :sunglasses: .
  • Options
    Snowing in Golders Green, not settling though
  • Options

Snowing in Golders Green, not settling though

Snowing in Stoke - but stopped now and didn't settle.

I'm going home though!!
  • Options
    Not a thread I've been looking forward to seeing this year I must admit

Is there anyone on here from the Telford area? - Due to drive my missus up there in a few weekends for some Conference of hers but have already told her that it wont be happening if there is snow fall either down here or up there