Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Davo55 said:

Flying off on holiday on Sunday morning. Really hoping the snow holds off til me and Mrs D are safely in the warm Caribbean sunshine!

Banker !

Opps, meant "Banker ?"

Hope that's not rhyming slang, Fanny :-)
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Flying off on holiday on Sunday morning. Really hoping the snow holds off til me and Mrs D are safely in the warm Caribbean sunshine!

Banker !

Opps, meant "Banker ?"

Dontcha know I'm a LADY, Davo55 ???

• Bermuda checking in. Big gust of chilly wind just went through, but no snow... none.
  • edited January 2013
    Davo55 said:

Jamaica .. nah she went of her own accord .. boom boom
  • Just picked kids up from my sister in laws

She said that an old man was in her shop yesterday and he reckoned by weds next week

Minus 14 and that the same heavy snow we had in 2010 will be back

I reckon it will get cold rain and then get cold again for ages

No snow
  • Some snow ( a few centimetres) for the south east but worst hit areas are the usual suspects of the north east and midlands. Will be very cold though. So I'm reliably informed by The Sun (newspaper)
  • Nope don't reckon we will see any far too much fun to be had if we do

The government won't allow it
  • The 'beast of the east' never made an appearance tho did it? Hope it doesn't turn up to be honest, shits me up driving in snow.
  • Turned into the pest in the west they said

It's all bollox they don't have a clue an hr before it happens can't believe the met office still exists it gets it wrong so often

And the daily mail is the worst paper for shit weather forecasts
  • Davo and QN there is a few of us Charlton over this neck of the woods as I'm just down the road in warfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• No snow where I am
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Banker !

Opps, meant "Banker ?"

Dontcha know I'm a LADY, Davo55 ???

Sorry milady!
  • Davo55 said:

Grenada - famous for tv rentals and being the "spice island".
  • eug72 said:

Davo and QN there is a few of us Charlton over this neck of the woods as I'm just down the road in warfield.

Hey, I thought I was all alone out here! Greetings fellow Berkshire exile.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Grenada .. I'm falling under your spell .. sounds great ,, enjoy it .. of course you will (Granada the Spanish city was the inspiration for the TV rentals and the Manchester TV Station)
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Grenada .. I'm falling under your spell .. sounds great ,, enjoy it .. of course you will (Granada the Spanish city was the inspiration for the TV rentals and the Manchester TV Station)
    Cheers Lincs. Went there a few years ago and loved the place, so really looking forward to it. We love getting away in the winter. Crocuses will be coming up by the time we are back which makes it feel like spring is just around the corner.
  • Davo55 said:

eug72 said:

Davo and QN there is a few of us Charlton over this neck of the woods as I'm just down the road in warfield.

A pair of Berks ;0)
  • Davo55 said:

eug72 said:

A pair of Berks ;0)
    Asked for that didn't I? :-)
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

More like Grenade. I've just drunk some rum punch that I got for Xmas. I didn't realise it was 44%.
  • Oakster said:

We had a crazy snowstorm last night, i drove 100km at night on an unlit highway covered in snow, with the thickest snow i have seen coming down - could only judge my position on the road by guesswork at times - snow tyres and 4wd saved me. Was surreal at times, just felt like i was in a dream floating in a white vacuum. Was absolutely knackered when i finally got home, took some concentration to get through that...

Oakster, I presume you like snow & the freezing cold ? Personally, can't stand it. I was wondering why you're living in Canada, if it's not a rude question ?
    Not at all - I like skiing, snowboarding - we embrace the cold over here - I have 5 major ski hills within a couple of hours of here. I love the mountains. Our climate in this part of Canada is quite bearable & the humidity is so low that you dont get the bone chilling cold like you do elsewhere - although we do get freezing cold spells (below -30) occasionally. Conversely our sumers are pretty warm & dry - with the occasional tornado in between. Most importantly Canada is geared for cold weather, our transport systems cope with snow & ice, people have the right clothes & routines to deal with masses of snow. I do miss the UK though in many, many ways - pubs, sport, culture all infinitely better where you are.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been to Grenada. Liked it but wasn't impressed with Grande Anse beach. St. Georges is one of the prettier capitals in the Caribbean.
  • Its snowing, here in Greenhithe.

Oh, hold on.......................................................sorry, dandruff.
  • It's got fecking cold here in Enfield

• Now it's not so fexking cold

Global warming Pah
  • edited January 2013
    Won't stop flippin' raining down here.

Grey and gloom for more than a month now. Need a fix of sunshine.
  • Minus 11 and a beautiful bluebird morning here in Whistler. Nice day for some snowboarding.... after I've seen the addicks close out this win!
  • Minus 11 and a beautiful bluebird morning here in Whistler. Nice day for some snowboarding.... after I've seen the addicks close out this win!

same over here @thecrazyaddick, bit colder at -20 but not a cloud in the sky - had loads of snow the last few days but as I am off to Toronto tomorrow, not going to get a chance to properly enjoy it but going out for a cross country ski at lunchtime

http://www.explorerockies.com/banff-webcam/
  • Oakster said:

Minus 11 and a beautiful bluebird morning here in Whistler. Nice day for some snowboarding.... after I've seen the addicks close out this win!

same over here @thecrazyaddick, bit colder at -20 but not a cloud in the sky - had loads of snow the last few days but as I am off to Toronto tomorrow, not going to get a chance to properly enjoy it but going out for a cross country ski at lunchtime

http://www.explorerockies.com/banff-webcam/
    Was in Hamilton for 3 weeks in nov.. Temp was lovely!!
  • edited January 2013
    Looks like yet another Met Office prediction that's going to be wrong. Honestly, what is the point of them. Are they taxpayer funded ? Yesterday on their website they were predicting heavy rain for SE7 from 12 o clock until 6 o clock. They were still predicting it at 6.
  • We've got our first sunny day this year!

Feels like Spring. Even got the washing on the line.