Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garden birds - anyone got some?

Here's one of mine.... ;-)

IMG_1343.jpg

Comments

• you;re just showing off with your fancy camera

i do have a squirrel that is outside my window every morning. i named him squizzel.
  • No I'm not!

IMG_0730.jpg

Squizzel? Original or what?! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i named him squizzel.

is that cos you were pizzed when you named him?
  • no, i don't drink alcohol.

medders, stop putting pictures of the tits in your garden on this site.
  • These are the sort I get in my garden
  • local bexley talent?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]local bexley talent?

All can be found down the Millers on a friday night Sooze
  • that many girls( and their boobs) couldn't fit in the millers!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]no, i don't drink alcohol.

medders, stop putting pictures of the tits in your garden on this site.

Sooze, you really need to learn the difference between a tit and swallow....
  • get parrots in my garden, lovely they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• black bird, great tits, swallows
  • i get parakeets and jays.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]black bird, great tits, swallows

naughty,naughty !!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i get parakeets and jays.
    How often do you get jays in the garden - I saw one recently in ours but they sitck to woods mainly I think.
  • my back garden is quite large and lots of big trees. all sorts of wildlife out there. its a shared garden for lots of flats, so large and unused mainly, so making it popular for wildlife

i'd say most weekends when i have more time to look out the back window i spot one.

always have 3 or 4 parakeets in the big tree in our garden every saturday morning singing to each other.
  • Parakeets don't sing - they bloody screech at the top of their 'orrible little voices! Are they the green ring-necked ones like in Greenwich Park?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]always have 3 or 4 parakeets in the big tree in our garden every saturday morning singing to each other.

You serious? And they're seriously in Greenwich Park?

Global warming.....
  • they're all completely green with bright orange beaks and a bit of orange on their necks

and i like their noise. mine are obviously more tuneful!
  • I had a norweigen blue...................but it has ceased to be.............
  • Medders, it has got nothing to do with global warming. Some escaped from captivity a few years ago and they have spread throughout the south ever since. There is a flock of about 2,500 of them that flocks to Esher rugby club every night. It is an amazing site. Almost as spectacular as those flocks of Starlings in that TV advert; taken from a Bill Oddie show a few years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]always have 3 or 4 parakeets in the big tree in our garden every saturday morning singing to each other.

Global warming.....

Parakeets have successfully lived in the wild in this country for nearly 40 years to my knowledge and possibly longer than that.

There is a big colony of them in Thanet that I know of and also one in the St Pauls Cray area.

It's no surprise that they are spreading.
  • ive counted 11 in my garden, the most at any one time. that was a sunday afternoon as the sun was just going down. that was a bit noisy then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Medders, it has got nothing to do with global warming. Some escaped from captivity a few years ago and they have spread throughout the south ever since. There is a flock of about 2,500 of them that flocks to Esher rugby club every night. It is an amazing site. Almost as spectacular as those flocks of Starlings in that TV advert; taken from a Bill Oddie show a few years ago.

Feck me... not only have I learnt something today, I've learnt it from Charlton Life....

Cheers Pete!
  • http://www.friendsofgreenwichpark.org.uk/news.html

Hundreds of them at Esher rugby club too (google it)
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]always have 3 or 4 parakeets in the big tree in our garden every saturday morning singing to each other.

Global warming.....

Parakeets have successfully lived in the wild in this country for nearly 40 years to my knowledge and possibly longer than that.

There is a big colony of them in Thanet that I know of and also one in the St Pauls Cray area.

It's no surprise that they are spreading.

Where's the Thanet one Len? Sounds like a good reason to get out with the camera....
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Global warming.....
    Medders there thousands of them around, various golf courses, especially Beckenham, Sundridge Park and shootershill
  • [cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Global warming.....
    Medders there thousands of them around, various golf courses, especially Beckenham, Sundridge Park and shootershill

I've never seen any around Medway or Swale.... maybe birds have more sense than we give them credit for.... ;-)
  • edited March 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]always have 3 or 4 parakeets in the big tree in our garden every saturday morning singing to each other.[/quote]

Global warming.....[/quote]

It's no surprise that they are spreading.[/quote]

Where's the Thanet one Len? Sounds like a good reason to get out with the camera....[/quote]

They certainly used to roost in St George's Park Ramsgate. I would imagine they still do although I've not been there for a few years.

When I said St George's I meant King George....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3869815.stm