Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Wood

Big lad. Capped 25 times for the NZ national team and a handful no matter who the opposition. We are going to need to keep a very close eye on him.

Would have loved to see him in a Charlton shirt but it wasn't to be.

COYR!

Comments

• When Richie McCaw retires, he's a shoo-in for the back row
  • edited November 2012
    Agreed. I was hoping we'd get him. I think he's scored 7 in 8 & they're unbeaten since he signed on loan.

I was also hoping we'd sign Chris Taylor from Oldham, but they got him in the summer.

Apparently their two most influential players according to some along with Trotter.
  • I've seen him play in an All Whites top a few times. He's not an elbows and barge-you-over type, big enough that he don't need to be, he wins enough without it.

He'll take the shot more often than lay it on for someone, but by his record lately he's getting very good at that.

I was gutted to see him sign for 'wall - NZ player for the addicks while im here would be too much to ask for - but am happy he's playing and scoring regularly since he's one of NZ's key men for the next two World Cup qualifying campaigns (and hopefully at the Finals too while I'm hoping).

For all I care he can get a hat trick today - as long as we get four.
  • Cort should handle him ok

I wish I was so confident

I wish I was so confident
    He's more nimble than your average big man up front.

If they lump high balls to him all afternoon maybe, MF need to be working hard to cut off the supply.