Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• One bloody game? Should have thrown the book at the whole bloody club
  • Load of shit, never should have been banned. I agree he should never have scored, but surely from now on they need to ban every player that dives or cheats. If these are the rules they want then whenever a player goes down the ref should stop play so this never happens again, but then we will have other players faking injuries to gain advantage. Maybe they should ban players when they call a corner ball or throw in when its blatently not there throw.
  • Look don't you get it? This convention of giving the ball back only works if everyone respects it. The moment some thick cheap **** decides to put two fingers up, the whole thing comes crashing down, right around the world.
  • Yeah I do get it and yes its wrong but why should he be punished when hundreds of players every week cheat weather it will be by diving or just calling for the corner thats not theres.
  • Why is it not a rule that players have to kick it back, surely can't punish a player for playing within the rules of the game.
  • Nicholas said:

Yeah I do get it and yes its wrong but why should he be punished when hundreds of players every week cheat weather it will be by diving or just calling for the corner thats not theres.

The guy who went down in the first place was, at best, making a meal of it and argualbly cheating himself.

The referee should be given the power to disallow a goal for ungentlemanly conduct.

• Nicholas said:

Yeah I do get it and yes its wrong but why should he be punished when hundreds of players every week cheat weather it will be by diving or just calling for the corner thats not theres.

The guy who went down in the first place was, at best, making a meal of it and argualbly cheating himself.

The referee should be given the power to disallow a goal for ungentlemanly conduct.

They already have - but only if it is ungentlemanly conduct.
  • Off_it said:

Nicholas said:

They already have - but only if it is ungentlemanly conduct.
    Didn't know that.

In which case, doesnlt ungentlemanly conduct have a very broad definition that basically equates to, whatever the referee thinks?

If I'm right on that he should have just disallowed the goal, booked the guy for his cheek and it would have been a non-issue.

• Every thing actually comes down to what the referee thinks, because the game has laws, not rules.
  • edited November 2012
    I agree with Nicholas. Yes it's wrong and not within the morals (don't laugh) of the game but he hasn't actually done anything outside the laws of the game. The only way to have dealt with this would have been for Shakhtar to concede a goal immediately afterwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Football needs a Balotelli type player to take the rules into there own hands.

If a player dives, run over and boom him in the head.
  • On Tuesday I didn't want the ball back with our keeper I wanted jacko to say we'll have an old fashioned 50/50 just outside the box ta
  • Play was only stopped because the bloke went down pretending he got elbowed. He tried to cheat and got cheated, seems fair enough to me
  • On Tuesday I didn't want the ball back with our keeper I wanted jacko to say we'll have an old fashioned 50/50 just outside the box ta

Yeah, me too. For that to have actually been "sporting", they should have let us have the uncontested drop ball, failing that we should have challenged for it.

• cafcfan said:

On Tuesday I didn't want the ball back with our keeper I wanted jacko to say we'll have an old fashioned 50/50 just outside the box ta

Yeah, me too. For that to have actually been "sporting", they should have let us have the uncontested drop ball, failing that we should have challenged for it.

Me too. I hate it that it's just assumed every drop ball will just be given back to the keeper.

A while back, a dropped ball was always contested.

It keeps the game flowing.Time to go back to basics.

• A while back, a dropped ball was always contested.

It keeps the game flowing.Time to go back to basics.

Agreed.
  • edited November 2012
    I was at the game and I can tell you the whole thing was a f*cking disgrace to the core principals of football! Not sure it's right to ban him though as it will just open a big can of worms.
  • If the oppo kick the ball out for one of our players, I agree to give it back to them but if it's because one of their players down, we shouldn't give it back to them.
  • The player may not have contravened the laws of the game, but he was guilty of ungentlemanly conduct.