Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting to Millwall

edited November 2012 in Match Day Travel
I note there are no trains from London Bridge to South Bermondsey on Saturday, however there is a bus service between the two. having never done Millwall away before, I am keen not to end up in the 'wrong part of town'.

Is the bus to be recommended?

Cheers

Comments

• I'm getting a bus from Lewisham, takes about 25 mins, then it's about 10 min walk to ground.
  • 188 from Greenwich to surrey quays
  • Or you could get the overground if that helps, that's what quite a few addicks are doing to get there.
  • I'm walking from new cross but you'll be fine bussing it. You're going to football it's not like we're going to the front lines of Afghanistan.
  • Mrbacon said:

I'm walking from new cross but you'll be fine bussing it. You're going to football it's not like we're going to the front lines of Afghanistan.

I wonder how many Millwall fans have been on the front line in a warzone?
  • Mrbacon said:

I'm walking from new cross but you'll be fine bussing it. You're going to football it's not like we're going to the front lines of Afghanistan.

Call of duty doesn't count.
  • edited November 2012

Mrbacon said:

I was in Sarajevo in 1996/97...but it was dying down to be fair. Also, you'd be surprised how many fellow Wall were around in the services.

To help out...

I'd go London Bridge and then tube it to Bermondsey. From there it's a short enough and straightforward enough walk...also a decent pub on the way.

As some has said New Cross is another option.
  • I'm probably gonna just walk from Deptford.
  • Deptford is also shut I believe
  • What about surrey quays ain't that the closest apart from south bermondsey which is shut
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep train line from deptford to charlton is shut Saturday. But there is a replacement bus to new cross