Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Armchair Fans

Lets face it, we may as well be sitting at home during a game. Except from the upper sections of the north upper the athmosphere is pretty dull. I really think we need to get behind the boys and get everyone singing, so we can make the valley a fortress. So get behind the boys and make some noise!

Comments

• Options
    joined today eh
  • Options
    Haven't you heard the groans? Lots of noise!!
  • Options
    JT said:

joined today eh

Same thing happens everytime we play them

• Options
    From my comfy seat in the West Upper I couldn't hear a thing from the North. Think you all need to sing a bit louder. Perhaps some lessons together to get you projecting your voices a bit better and perhaps a lesson on timing as well.
  • Options
    i think its a little too loud
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Dont worry about this its never going to happen- those who want to sing do and those who want to sit quietly (occasionly tutting) will do also- whatever rocks their boat.
  • Options
    MUST.TRY.HARDER.
  • Options
    The J block is where its at!
  • Options
    What's wrong with watching a football match in silence......? ;o)
  • Options
    I opened this hoping it would be about what kind of armchair is best, do love my leather recliner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JT said:

joined today eh

Same thing happens everytime we play them

Tread carefully guys, it's open season on the messenger on here at the moment.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    'What's that thing coming over the hill...............is it a monster, is it a monster'?
  • Options
    How many threads about singing/bad atmosphere do we have now???
  • Options
    We can easily change it though, just sing for once!
  • Options
    I think we need something like that Red Division mob they have down the road at Charlton.....
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

From my comfy seat in the West Upper I couldn't hear a thing from the North. Think you all need to sing a bit louder. Perhaps some lessons together to get you projecting your voices a bit better and perhaps a lesson on timing as well.

Atmosphere could and should be a lot better than it is but sitting (standing) in north upper j the atmosphere is quality even if fans like the above can't hear it, probably to busy tutting
  • Options
    But unless you have an upper j ticket yiur screwed? Reckon i could stand/knick a seat up there?
  • Options
    Yes, I agree. I pay my £25, and what atmosphere do I get in return? Zilch! I don't pay my money for this. Who is responsible?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Atmosphere could and should be a lot better than it is but sitting (standing) in north upper j the atmosphere is quality even if fans like the above can't hear it, probably to busy tutting
    Pardon?
  • Options
    Please tell me watch TV channel I can watch charlton on? I would love to be an armchair supporter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps the programmes could come with a hymn sheet.
    It's alright saying more people should sing, but maybe the dont know the syllables words?
  • Options
    we all need to take a leaf out of J block book in my opinion! Try and make every game like that Tuesday against Cardiff!
  • Options
    Exactly, it would make the game a lot funner if nothing else
  • Options
    yes, i want more fun at the soccer fixtures i go to at The Galley
  • Options
    DOWN THE OLD GALLEY
  • Options
    I come to the Valley for the peace and quiet... please don't sing!
  • Options
    Maybe the words should appear on the big screen and we can follow the bouncing ball like at the old saturday morning pictures.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

What's wrong with watching a football match in silence......? ;o)

Nothing, quite appropriate when sitting with the oppo fans, as I did at Chelsea 10 years ago when I couldn't get an away ticket - had a smile on my face a couple of times

- Jorge Costa debut, first touch puts JFH up in the air, booking

- last minute winner from Super Kevin Lisbie

that was also the first game back for Euell after his daughter passed away - he was a beast in that game all on his own up front