Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green

In my opinion, danny green is the best winger at the club. He can get the ball down and pick a pass and when he is in possesion he can run at his man, beat him and whip a good ball in. I dont understand why he remains on the bench, anyone agree?

Comments

• Options
    I agree he is good with the ball at his feet, but for me goes missing when he hasn't got the ball & does not work hard enough defensively.
  • Options
    Did that this week.
    Problem with Danny is that he probably won't do it next week or the week after.
  • Options
    Best winger at the club, agreed.
  • Options
    Not a better option going forward than Wilson and nothing like as good as Wilson defensively
  • Options
    decent winger and good crosser but would lose any bottle he has at the den
  • Options
    With solly covering he doesnt really have that to worry about and frimp can cover, we need some pace further up the pitch
  • Options
    what are you on about
  • Options
    Should be in the team
  • Options
    He's the best crosser of the ball we have for the right but as for a winger, I still prefer Waggy.
  • Options
    he's a good impact sub, best crosser in the team but if he starts he normally goes missing for large parts the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too lazy, he doesnt work enough off the ball and Scholes is a better tackler. Best winger at the club? No. Best crosser of the ball? Probably. Doesn't mean he's the best option by any stretch though. Wilson for me, Green as impact sub
  • Options
    I think Green's best position would be just behind the striker. Seen him play there a few times and looks a lot more comfortable when he doesn't have any defensive duties.
  • Options

Not a better option going forward than Wilson and nothing like as good as Wilson defensively

This.

One of the most overrated players in recent years.

Not saying he's a bad player and has something to offer, but I don't rate him off the ball both defensively and offensively.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

This.

One of the most overrated players in recent years.

Not saying he's a bad player and has something to offer, but I don't rate him off the ball both defensively and offensively.
    Overrated by who though? He has always divided opinion from what I can see. More often than not if he makes a mistake in a game there are more people getting angry and on his back about it than most other players.
  • Options

Agree with this - but in the absence of Wilson I think Green offers the best alternative. Kind of surprised Henry hasn't sung the praises of Waggy - and I also think he still has a lot to offer.
  • Options
    I was very harsh on Green after Saturday, looked much better and more productive last night but as others have said, defensively he is pants and graft off the ball is practically non-existent. Teams like Milwall at their own place and with the kind of atmosphere there will be would eat the likes of Green alive. Better to have him as an option on the bench and wait for legs to get tired and a lack of running off the ball isn't quite as damaging.
  • Options
    Green's not as lazy as people want to believe he is, but I will admit his tackling is not the best! He can beat a man and get a ball in the box, can create something out of nothing with his long range shooting as is a decent set piece taker.

Funny how Wilson is suddenly the best right midfielder at the club when we have only seen him there for half a dozen games maximum before he got injured....
  • Options
    On the right I'd have Wilson and Solly.
  • Options
    Didn't we score two goals when he came on?
  • Options
    He creates things from not a lot, compared to pritchard who turns around and passes the ball everytime he gets it. There is not enough running off the ball, this was emphasised by frimpong getting frustrated on tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He broke into the side earlier in the season, had a few decent games, faded and was rightly dropped. However, I think if CP done his homework there would be games where he would warrent a start. With Yann and Fuller to pick out last night would have been one of them for me.
    He can also strike the ball like Fuller did for that goal last night as well as cross the ball. Not the man for Saturday I'd agree.
  • Options
    But how does he compare with Wagstaff?

*runs*
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Whenever I've watched Green, he gives me the impression that he switches off mentally.

I don't believe he is lazy, like some posters - just that he loses concentration, when he's not actively involved in play.

He's a decent winger on his day ......just look how he made the 2nd goal last night, and the cross he put in on Saturday with which Hulse should have scored the winner - quality play.

There's a good player in there somewhere - maybe the best of Green is yet to come?

• Options
    on his day he is easily the best winger at the club. But others have said, too inconsistent. Wilson at RM and Kerkar LM for me.
  • Options
    Realise I'm in a minority but I like Danny Green as a player - only genuine wide player we've got.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    He's the type of player who can unlock a packed defence, when teams come to The Valley and park the bus.

Also, his movement can stretch defences without touching the ball, creating space inside for team mates - look at the space Fuller found in turning his man, before scoring. With Pritch playing narrow and deeper that doesn't happen so often.

Green just needs to remember to keep playing, even when he doesn't have the ball.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    Wilson first choice, Green, 20-minutes-to-go-sub is his best position for all the reasons mentioned above.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I really like him but Pritchard has to start at millwall.

And we do need defensive cover at millwall. As good as Solly is, he will still need help.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Green coming on could be key if we are chasing the game at the Toolbox.

But Pritchard has to start.