Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barcelona fields a team made up completely of products of its youth academy

Comments

• bloody immigrants, coming over here and taking our footballers jobs
  • "300 hopefuls from all around the world"' therein lies the truth.
  • In the list of the homegrown Championship players at the bottom of the article, they only list Solly and Green for us. What about Wagstaff and Lawrie Wilson?
  • Wagstaff hasnt made an appearance in the Champ for us yet has he? That might be why
  • I personally do not consider Haynes, Green and Wilson in the same manner as Solly and Wagstaff as 'academy products'.

They've been in the academy but the 'product' is a mixture of us plus whatever other professional experience they've had at Dagenham, Ipswich, Stevenage etc.

Plus we had to buy them.
  • The dream.
  • re-write the rules, half of your 18 man squad have to be homegrown players, starting in 2015-16. That'll force teams to nurture youth more
  • Red_Raver said:

In the list of the homegrown Championship players at the bottom of the article, they only list Solly and Green for us. What about Wagstaff and Lawrie Wilson?

They weren't playing on Saturday. Solly started and Green came off the bench.
  • Think it's taken from the match day squad from the weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the players listed (only Green and Solly for us) are the players that played this weekend.
    That is the main point behind the story, that Barcas 11 that played in the one game were all home grown players, so that would explain the missing Wilson and Haynes etc.

I see somewhere that the best any english league team could manage this week was Crewe who had 7 academy products on the pitch.
  • Celtic won the European cup with a team that was from within 5 miles of the ground apart from one bloke from 30 miles away. Imagine how much half English edinburger Rod Stewart would have wept at that.
  • I see Fabregas was included as home grown,on that basis Green,Haynes and Wilson would count as Addicks.
  • Lionel Messi that famous Catalan...
  • How wonderful to have this said about us one day, Charlton Athletic today played an entire team eminating from the Barcelona youth programme.
  • Team full of Dannys.

• Barcelona have the same youth policy as Arsenal. Spend Millions buying the best young talent from elsewhere then say they're home grown.
  • DRAddick said:

Barcelona have the same youth policy as Arsenal. Spend Millions buying the best young talent from elsewhere then say they're home grown.

That is what I was getting at in my earlier post. Plus of course Barcelona have the pick of more or less every Catalan who can kick a ball straight, the equivalent would be if Arsenal were the only team in London...

• Frightening stuff here. A weekly roundup of the best goals from the Barcelona youth teams. lazyfootball.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/top-5-fcb-youth-goals-from-week-of-11412/