Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea vs Citeh

Is it just me or should Torres have been sent of by now? Kicked the ball away in decent, not booked. Then guilty of a deliberate handball, not booked.

It pains me to watch him struggling like this, because he was such a sensational talent at Liverpool. Don't mind seeing Roman's millions going to waste though.

Comments

• Options
    What was Rafa's reception like ?
  • Options
    It's as boring a match as you will find anywhere at any time in any country

Yawn

Rafa had a mixed reception boos abuse banners ( not many of each tbh )

The atmosphere is very muted and poor but it's Chelsea they hardly ever rock the bridge
  • Options

What was Rafa's reception like ?

Pretty terrible.

Haven't enjoyed this game, it's the 83rd minute a not a great deal has happened.
  • Options

What league are City and Cheatski playing in these days? Can't be the EPL because that's the best league in the world so we're told.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah it's been a crap game.

Not sure how much the weather has played a part but it's been pub standard in places. Pretty poor seeing as if you sold both squads you could probably buy an African country.

Rafa seems happy with a point in his usual negative style. Odd appointment seeing as Roman was supposedly trying to make Chelsea into the English Barcelona.
  • Options
    WTF had he just booked Balotelli for?
  • Options
    I've really got to stop buying into the Sky hype during the week prior to a game
  • Options
    Danny Baker ‏@prodnose
    Well. Chelsea/Man City was a great advert for the game. That game being Cluedo which I wish I'd played instead.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the weather. The EPL is crap and especially so so far this season. Even just watching the "highlights" on MOTD you see how poor the teams are generally.
    The excitement comes from the fact it's crap, not because it's good. Technically, it's so far behind the other big footballing countries and that's the way us British like our football and the national team suffers because of it. And we then moan the national team is crap.
    Thankfully I never bought into the FA, PL and sky nonsense, but most football fans are idiots and believe it and keep paying extortionate money for it.
  • Options
    Terrible game .. but whadya expect with all this rain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

What league are City and Cheatski playing in these days? Can't be the EPL because that's the best league in the world so we're told.

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Nothing to do with the weather. The EPL is crap and especially so so far this season. Even just watching the "highlights" on MOTD you see how poor the teams are generally.
    The excitement comes from the fact it's crap, not because it's good. Technically, it's so far behind the other big footballing countries and that's the way us British like our football and the national team suffers because of it. And we then moan the national team is crap.
    Thankfully I never bought into the FA, PL and sky nonsense, but most football fans are idiots and believe it and keep paying extortionate money for it.

Well I watched two very exciting and technically good (except from some dodgy goalkeeping) PL games yesterday - it's just that they were at Sunderland and Wigan and the media are just not interested in this.

• Options
    It had nowt to do with the weather

Neither team created anything significant due to them both not wanting to lose
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I certainly don't by into this "best league in the world" nonsense - but sometimes I think people express opinions like the above to make it sound like they know what they're talking about. I watch a lot of Spanish and a bit of Italian and in my opinion the Prem isn't alone in having a high number of games where tactics are essentially negative an the objective is to secure a point rather than win the game. And aside from the top two I don't see much greater technical ability in La Liga further down the table.
  • Options
    Best league in the world at the moment is the Bundersliga, great football, great fan experience, marvellous atmosphere
  • Options
    After 80 minutes I handed over the remote to the kids and walked out. So boring.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

DRAddick said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I certainly don't by into this "best league in the world" nonsense - but sometimes I think people express opinions like the above to make it sound like they know what they're talking about. I watch a lot of Spanish and a bit of Italian and in my opinion the Prem isn't alone in having a high number of games where tactics are essentially negative an the objective is to secure a point rather than win the game. And aside from the top two I don't see much greater technical ability in La Liga further down the table.
    You should try maybe thinking either less, more or just differently then :-). Where have I said anything about teams being negative and what has negativity got to do with technical ability?
    The defending, retention and passing is in general worse than other countries. Possibly because our game is faster and more physical and that's how we as fans prefer it, other factors play there part as well. But then also what technical ability or not other countries have is irrelevant because they're not billed as the best and don't charge way over the odds for it.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

After 80 minutes I handed over the remote to the kids and walked out. So boring.

Babe station?
  • Options
    Swansea v Liverpool was a much better game, even though it also finished goalless. Hope Rodgers gets time and a bit of money with the Mickeys - he might be able to make them into a decent side. Swansea are always good to watch. Thought Chelski v Citeh was one of the dullest games I've ever seen.
  • Options
    I watch Serie A, La Liga and the PL. PL wins hands down for entertainment IMO. Fans aren't really too worried about all this 'technical' stuff when they're at a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swansea v overtook was a much better game, even though it also finished goalless. Hope Rodgers gets time and a bit of money with the Mickeys - he might be able to make them into a decent side. Swansea are always good to watch. Thought Chelski v Citeh was one of the dullest games I've ever seen.

Both sides lacked cutting edge though. Some pretty passing but still pretty dull.

I've managed to watch 3 premier league games this weekend and not seen a single goal.
  • Options
    total pile of kak.

No side could hold the ball.
  • Options
    at least chelsea fans are getting behind their team and giving their new manager a chance and supporting him
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I don't watch much non-English football, but while I agree the game in question was not inspiring, the continuing success of PL teams in the champions league makes your judgement questionable. I have a passion for English football, and therefore enjoy it more than La Liga or any other competition you care to mention, we pay to be entertained, and watching Barcelona roll over teams week in week out is not entertaining to me. SE9 put his point very well. We look for different things, no one is right, no one is wrong.