Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Italian Hoolies up to their normal tricks. Scum!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236739/Tottenham-fans-stabbed-Rome-ahead-Lazio-match.html

Got a few mates out there who I have not heard from yet. Knowing them though, they were probably in a brothel at that time :)

Comments

• Mate of mine is out there...hope his OK.
  • Obviously i hope they are ok, and i do not condone that behaviour, but not all Italians are the same.
  • edited November 2012
    Happens every time absolutely no surprise that a trip to Rome or Naples for an English team features this kind of story. Not enough has been done about it and I don't think enough common sense is adopted by some of those travelling on occasions either (which shouldn't be a burden of responsibility but because of the failings of the Italian authorities it is). Funny how there's never a story about Italian Ultras having a row without knives, bats, chains, etc.

Hope those injured make a speedy recovery.
  • Bit of a generalisation from The Organiser, but they do seem to like a knife over there when it comes to opposing football fans! I'm sure there are plenty of Italians that despise this type of behaviour though.
  • latest is they all had motor cycle helmets on aswell as being tooled right upto the nines!

like ISLS says they dont seem happy starting things without having all the gear with'em too, shamefull.
  • Landlord Marco Manzi told Sportsmail: ‘The bar was full of about 30 English supporters at 1am. Most of them were aged between 40 and 50 and they were well behaved. Then arrived what I presume were Italian supporters wearing scooter helmets with their faces covered with scarves carrying stones and rocks. They arrived in the pub and they attacked the English supporters.
    ‘Some of the English supporters tried to escape down via dei cappellari and it was in this street where one of them was hit by a knife. I think he was quite badly hurt but I don’t know anymore about him. The whole operation from start to finish was over in around 10 minutes. Most of the fans left and the police arrived.’

Good to see English supporters abroad being accurately represented for once as well.
  • Dizzle said:

Obviously i hope they are ok, and i do not condone that behaviour, but not all Italians are the same.

This. Daily Mail link too. Couldn't make it up.
  • These are the same fans that got away with racist chants in the reverse fixture at WHL?

Cowards really,
    Always use weapons & go in groups.
  • Think the title of this thread needs to be changed. Those knife wielding thugs are I agree "scum" but Italians are not.
  • hate to say it but that is a classic italian 'attack' will anything be done about, doubt it, that will be that till next probably...

hope the blokes that are being reported seriously hurt pull through ok anyway, sounding dodgey at the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah and their is spelt wrong
  • Think the title of this thread needs to be changed. Those knife wielding thugs are I agree "scum" but Italians are not.

I agree.
  • Think you'll find the title was 'Italian Hoolies' , not all Italians !!!
    but so glad to see the PC brigade on duty and the spelling police ;)
  • I changed it.
  • Think you'll find the title was 'Italian Hoolies' , not all Italians !!!
    but so glad to see the PC brigade on duty and the spelling police ;)

As WSS it was changed. It originally just said "Italians" so climb down off that high horse.

• Fair enough for changing it but I think everyone knows I meant there football lads.

Just like I'm sure not every Millwall fan is pond life, but you wouldn't know it by looking on here.

Anyway back on point, this happens every time an English club plays there and NOTHING is done about it, yet our press go mad when there is some racial chanting aimed at our players abroad.

Yes racist abuse is terrible but people getting attacked and stabbed is worse.
  • Its common place in Italy. There were incidences of it in Milan when we were out there for the CL a couple of seasons ago and again when they came back to WHL. Milan's lovely fans were giving us throat-slicing jestures the lot. Have got some lovely video footage of it too, if I can remember where I saved it.
  • Fuck off henry irving , I didn't know it had been changed
    did I touch a nerve though , methinks you protest too much
  • Fuck off henry irving , I didn't know it had been changed
    did I touch a nerve though , methinks you protest too much

touched a nerve? Other way round I think with such a witty and insightful response from you.

You went off on one about PC and made yourself look stupid. Live with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty common place in Italy. Napoli fans are probably even worse than those in Rome
  • Pretty common place in Italy. Napoli fans are probably even worse than those in Rome

Whenever anyone mentions Napoli fans, I just think of that video on You Tube where about 8,000 of them get off the train and walk through that railway station! You must know the one I mean. Mentalists the lot of 'em.

• I was walking through Victoria station last season I think it was, when they played Chelsea and the police literally shut down the whole of the station so that the Napoli supporters could get through the underground.

Absolute nutters the lot of them.
  • What station was that? Crazy! How big was the bloody train?!?!
  • Good grief. Usual nonsense on here.
  • Huge cultural gap between Italian and English football.

Compare the way the English media react like mad when Jason Roberts decides not to wear a t-shirt to the 12 lines you probably get in an Italian tabloid when some foreign fans get stabbed or a group of supporters are charged with racist chants.
  • you think thats good then just wait for the scenes at surrey quays station on the 1st.
  • Good grief. Usual nonsense on here.

hold up. I hadn't even posted my comment by then. you must be psychic.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Pretty common place in Italy. Napoli fans are probably even worse than those in Rome

Whenever anyone mentions Napoli fans, I just think of that video on You Tube where about 8,000 of them get off the train and walk through that railway station! You must know the one I mean. Mentalists the lot of 'em.

Just watched that on You Tube....a good turn out indeed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!