Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benitez

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Its a shame when Money rules the game.

Ok he wants to leave Newcastle I get that, but Rafa could honestly have any job he wants in England maybe with the exception of the top City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea, and who knows he waits a few months and a poor start to the season could get Arsenal or Spurs jobs, but instead he goes to 10th in the Chinesse League Dalian Yifang, and joins up with Carrasco and Hamsik
    It's all about the dough.
  • Options
    £12m a year may have been a factor here? 
  • Options

Ok he wants to leave Newcastle I get that, but Rafa could honestly have any job he wants in England maybe with the exception of the top City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea, and who knows he waits a few months and a poor start to the season could get Arsenal or Spurs jobs, but instead he goes to 10th in the Chinesse League Dalian Yifang, and joins up with Carrasco and Hamsik
    Name a current top English club currently looking for a manager?

Chelsea don't want him, City/Liverpool don't need him, Pochettino will be at Spurs for as long as he wants, Arsenal will give Emery time, he won't go to Everton because of his love for Liverpool, Santo is solid at Wolves, Rodgers only just in at Leicester.

So why not take 12m to spend a year in China then see what's about next year? No brainer for him really.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see in 10/20 years time if the Chinese govenment’s experiment has actually worked. I don’t think it will but they’re certainly throwing a lot of money around in the hope that it does.
  • Options

Money talks...
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    It will be interesting to see in 10/20 years time if the Chinese govenment’s experiment has actually worked. I don’t think it will but they’re certainly throwing a lot of money around in the hope that it does.
    No it won't. The problem is a structural one. I can't say many negative things about China. But if the selection processes at youth level are usually corrupted then there's no way we'll have a decent senior squad of players. Ever since I read stories about kids' parents bribed their way into teams, I've stopped paying attention to Chinese football.

Money cannot buy everything. When a nation with a population of 1.3 billion people and (seemingly) robust economy is not able to produce just a team of half decent football players then you know it's not a simple footballing problem.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Huawei the lads
    Class
  • Options
    To be fair to Rafa, why not take the money? He's won the Champions League, La Liga, FA Cup, UEFA Cup and Europa League as well as other cups in Italy and England. He wanted to try and bring Newcastle to the level they could be at and he wasn't able to get the support he needed, which must be bitterly disappointing for him. At this point he's got nothing else to prove and he could probably do without the stress he had at Newcastle fighting against the tide and get paid loads for doing very little. Good on him