Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Finish at lunchtime today and not back in till Monday....have some of that!

Comments

• Means I get NFL on a Thursday so I'm happy too!
  • What is thanks giving for
  • Celebrating my first thanksgiving tomorrow here in Tampa Florida - GO BUCS!
    Nice bit of Turkey Lurkey....lovely jubbly
    I do miss my Addicks though...coming back to UK for xmas, catch the Derby game,,wwwhhooooohhh!!!!!
  • What is thanks giving for

it celebrates the Pilgrim Fathers' first successful harvest. If the harvest had failed, the 1st settlements were doomed.
  • Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating tomorrow. I was supposed to have tomorrow and Friday off but will have to work now. What I'll be good for in by booze and turkey induced coma on Friday I'm not sure.

What am I thankful for? Chris Powell leading this club, one step at a time, back towards the top. COYR!
  • We are going Turkey, Ham, Potatoes (Roast & Sweet), Brussels, Carrots, Green Beans & Gravy for dinner.
    Cheesecake for Desert.

1 x Bottle Mulled Wine, 6 x Heinekens, 6 x Kingfishers, 6 x Budweisers, 1 x Bottle Prosecco, 1 x Bottle Bogel Sirah Red.

Bring it on!
  • been there, done that 3 weeks ago :)

our harvest has to be in a bit earlier than most of our friends to the south of the 49th parallel
  • Got back today from NY. Don't fancy Black Friday,But what a place, the xmas decorations, the atmosphere, done as Oggy suggested on the missus birthday, broadway.I love the place have a great one all our US addicks, I was with NLA didn't know the history.Enjoy thanksgiving, you lucky sods only a month to xmas
  • Can any of our American friends please explain what the hell 'collard greens' are? This has always been one of life's great mysteries to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can any of our American friends please explain what the hell 'collard greens' are? This has always been one of life's great mysteries to me.

Green leafy vegetable bit like cabbage/kale, very Southern type food although quite easy to find up here in Canada-land. It's actually very nice when cooked properly, from the same cuisine that gave us Black Eyed Beans, Cornbread and of course.....Polk Salad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF24LY5pvw

• Oakster said:

Can any of our American friends please explain what the hell 'collard greens' are? This has always been one of life's great mysteries to me.

Green leafy vegetable bit like cabbage/kale, very Southern type food although quite easy to find up here in Canada-land. It's actually very nice when cooked properly, from the same cuisine that gave us Black Eyed Beans, Cornbread and of course.....Polk Salad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF24LY5pvw

Right, I am very intrigued! I shall have to try and have some next time I am stateside, Polk Salad is another one on the list!
  • This Thanksgiving is the 40th anniversary of my coming to the USA. Hard times at the beginning, lived here on a visitors visa for the first two years, working as a car mechanic. Many ups and downs since, but as long as I can get home every year or two I am very content with the way things have turned out. Always thought I'd come back to live, but it's going to be difficult with the housing market the way it is. When I win the lottery I'll come back and buy out the current CAFC owners, meantime will join you guys here on match days, can't tell you how much that means to me. I am very thankfull.
  • So where in the States & Canada are our US/Canuck Charlton Life friends? Haven't had a roll call for a while....
  • I'm in Bel Air, Maryland. A little North of Baltimore.
  • Hope all of you on the wrong side of the pond have a great day.
  • EastStand said:

Means I get NFL on a Thursday so I'm happy too!

Yes indeed. Three live matches back to back. Happy days.
  • Love Thanksgiving. Don't have the pressure of buying presents and drink and eat copious amounts of food and alcohol.
  • I'm back in Whistler, BC... for the 3rd time! Happy thanks-giving to the Yank based addicks...
  • Thanksgiving is my favourite American holiday. It always feels more like an English Christmas to me without the presents. Always on a Thursday (officially the 4th Thursday in November) so, invariably, most have the Friday off then it's the weekend. Lots of sport, eating and drinking and generally being merry. Conversely, Christmas is over in the blink of an eye and everyone is hard back at work on Boxing Day. So, Happy Thanksgiving all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

So where in the States & Canada are our US/Canuck Charlton Life friends? Haven't had a roll call for a while....

Hi Oakster! Have you got your hands on those programmes I gave to your mate ? I moved over to Tampa Florida in August, just caught the Leicester home game before travelling. Been a bit up and down, am already suing our eldest son's school for negligence! (Cut his neck open on Tennis pole)
    Have a great Thanksgiving day my fellow expats!
  • EastStand said:

Yeah hope to see the Cowboys embarassed later. Went to bodeans bbq restaurant in Soho earlier as well. Could care less about any of the rest.
  • Happy Thanksgiving, a day when Americans give thanks to the British for coming over and civilising their country for them !! GSTQ
  • Loved Thanksgiving when I lived in the US, great family chillout (mainly w/American relatives) without worrying about cards, terrible seasonal songs and crap presents.

But by the Saturday, and the boys back in action, I remembered that I was living in the wrong country!
  • Polk Salad, I knew his sister, Annie
  • EastStand said:

Yeah hope to see the Cowboys embarassed later. Went to bodeans bbq restaurant in Soho earlier as well. Could care less about any of the rest.
    What is Bodeans like? Off to an Elvis event in Tower Hill on Saturday, was thinking about giving it a try.

• EastStand said:

Yes indeed. Three live matches back to back. Happy days.
    Just a shame my team are on last so it makes entirely no difference to a normal TNF!!
  • BIG_ROB said:

Happy Thanksgiving, a day when Americans give thanks to the British for coming over and civilising their country for them !! GSTQ

That made me chuckle
  • Belated Happy Thanksgiving for yesterday -