Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ugandan Affairs - If only this was a joke.

Uganda will officially pass the ‘Kill The Gays’ bill at the end of this year despite international criticism.

Speaker Rebecca Kadaga said the anti-gay bill will become law by December since most Ugandans ‘are demanding it’.

Referring to the law as a ‘Christmas gift’ to the population, she spoke of ‘the serious threat’ posed by homosexuals.

The law will broaden the criminalization of same-sex relationships by dividing homosexuality into two categories; aggravated homosexuality and the offense of homosexuality.

‘Aggravated homosexuality’ is defined as gay acts committed by parents or authority figures, HIV-positive people, pedophiles and repeat offenders. If convicted, they will face the death penalty.

The ‘offense of homosexuality’ includes same-sex sexual acts or being in a gay relationship, and will be prosecuted by life imprisonment.

Comments

• Somewhat unsurprisingly, there hasn't been much of an international outcry over this. Entire coincidentally, massive oil and gas reserves have been discovered quite recently in the country, whose government is nicely compliant with major Western fuel companies...

Still - as long as we're content with being drip-fed a steady diet of pictures of Z-listers' tits, footballers' bedroom indiscretions and shiny new phones that are a quarter of an inch larger than the identical previous model, I guess the potential genocide of thousands of people doesn't really matter.
  • Are these the same people that rape children to rid them of evil spirits?
  • This is where we should have mass protest from the people of europe and other western nations to stop this, but im sure there will be a protest about our bin collection that is more important to complain about.
  • Please tell me we don't send them any foreign aid !
  • Oh joy ! Why didn't that surprise me....?
  • The bible does state that man shall not live with man as women and we have overcome that but this is civilisation moving backwards.

I wouldn't complain about eradicating the paedophiles, they should not have a place in any society.
  • mickc said:

The bible

Ah, well, that's alright then.

• Somewhat unsurprisingly, there hasn't been much of an international outcry over this. Entire coincidentally, massive oil and gas reserves have been discovered quite recently in the country, whose government is nicely compliant with major Western fuel companies...

Still - as long as we're content with being drip-fed a steady diet of pictures of Z-listers' tits, footballers' bedroom indiscretions and shiny new phones that are a quarter of an inch larger than the identical previous model, I guess the potential genocide of thousands of people doesn't really matter.

the sad truth.
  • mickc said:

The bible does state that man shall not live with man as women and we have overcome that but this is civilisation moving backwards.

I wouldn't complain about eradicating the paedophiles, they should not have a place in any society.

it says that you also should own and beat slaves, kill any men that cut their hair and that eating shellfish is also "an abomination" in the same book of leviticus.

Complete horseshit to base any government decision on a religious text.
  • Sponsored links:

• mickc said:

The bible does state that man shall not live with man as women and we have overcome that but this is civilisation moving backwards.

The bible also says you're not technically allowed to have a shit, eat a list of things as long as your arm, that the world was made out of water (all of it), that you can beat fuck out of your slaves so long as you only do it for a couple of days, and that the treatment for people who are ill or dying is beer.

What's your point again?
  • Complete horseshit to base anything on religion.
  • Referring to the law as a ‘Christmas gift’ to the population, she spoke of ‘the serious threat’ posed by homosexuals.

Did you all miss that?

Is Christmas not a religious event?
  • mickc said:

Referring to the law as a ‘Christmas gift’ to the population, she spoke of ‘the serious threat’ posed by homosexuals.

Did you all miss that?

Christmas IS a religious event, yes. It's a pagan religious event, actually - and has precisely fuck all to do with Christianity, if you want to be pernickety about it. Personally, I kind of think state-sanctioned murder of thousands of people for their sexual preference is a bit more of an issue than which religious nutjobs lay claim to a date on the calendar first, but hey-ho.

I just wanted to point out that you pointing out 'it's in the bible' (whether you agree with it or not) is moot. There's so much depraved, infantile, puerile nonsense in the bible (and every other religious tome ever published) that you may as well say you saw it written down on the pavement outside a boozer last night - because that would be just as legitimate.
  • The Bible - the biggest selling fiction book never written.
  • edited November 2012
    Think the Koran's probably as big a seller - and contains just as much tosh
  • The bit about treatment for those ill or dying being beer might have some merit

Gonna go into work tomorrow with a case of spitfire and say i have man flu

Cant believe some of you dont think its based on a true story
  • The really interesting thing here is that - largely for cultural reasons - anti-gay bigotry is absolutely rife across many parts of 'Anglo' Africa.

This is causing a huge problem for the Church of England as Africa is the main 'growth centre' for the Anglican church but the Africans are horrified by the liberal attitude towards homosexuality espoused by the UK-based church hierarchy whilst the Anglican establishment finds the gay-bashing by the Africans to be totally unaceptable.

The poor old Archbishop of Canterbury somehow has to find a way to placate the Africans without completely alienating his local, far more liberal flock.

Good luck with that one.
  • "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

© Richard Dawkins
  • Sponsored links:

• I really can't believe this is going ahead. Its fucking mad. What is wrong with people?
  • mickc said:

The bible also says you're not technically allowed to have a shit, eat a list of things as long as your arm, that the world was made out of water (all of it), that you can beat fuck out of your slaves so long as you only do it for a couple of days, and that the treatment for people who are ill or dying is beer.

What's your point again?
    Last ones probably right.
  • The bit about treatment for those ill or dying being beer might have some merit

Gonna go into work tomorrow with a case of spitfire and say i have man flu

Cant believe some of you dont think its based on a true story

Cracked up at the first line.
  • Think the Koran's probably as big a seller - and contains just as much tosh

Infadel.............
  • edited November 2012
  • Would be interesting to know what the bible's stand on fisting is.

• mickc said:

I think you'll find that God is very much gay and enjoys nothing better that a spot of man on man action where he can grope their inner thighs:

"And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok. And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh. Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank".
  • That's hilarious. Like I said - a load of old tosh.
  • oiiiiiiiiii Leroy steady knocking the muslim book they might take out one of them there fatwahs against you !

wasnt it Marx that said "religion is the opiate(sic) of the masses" ? only thing that twonk got right.
  • mickc said:

Did you all miss that?

Christmas is a pagan festival (Winter Solstice) adapted by the Christian church to suit there own 'developement' of the local culture, Easter is the Spring Equinox. Yule logs, Christmas trees and dried fruit puddings are all a celebration that the tide of shorter days has turned and the days now get longer.