Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overrated Footballers

Comments

• Options

Whilst I see what your saying I still think you can rate a player on current ability whatever there age is, not saying they won't go on to become great players. The overated is not exactly clear as you say its hard to be overated by the majority of people. I generally gage my opinion on overated by what the pundits and press say but I was at the gym the other day and someone described Sturridge as magical, I did have a little chuckle to myself.

Ha ha, I totally agree. These things are so divisive, it really is down to your own opinion on a player. I always hear what I think are stupid comments down the gym, especially by this Liverpool fan I always overhear.
  • Options

Whilst I see what your saying I still think you can rate a player on current ability whatever there age is, not saying they won't go on to become great players. The overated is not exactly clear as you say its hard to be overated by the majority of people. I generally gage my opinion on overated by what the pundits and press say but I was at the gym the other day and someone described Sturridge as magical, I did have a little chuckle to myself.

Therefore Sturridge is a Genie and not a Genious.
  • Options

Lincs has got shout of the day. Cleverly, Wellbeck and Sturridge are all vastly overated to.

to be fair they wouldnt be anywhere near the england side if this generation of footballers weren't severley lacking in ability.
  • Options
    Not current, but Boudewijn Zenden. Dutch international. Ex-PSV, Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, Marseille. But still pony. Saturday Guardian used to have an occasional series called 'Great Players Who Are Crap'. He was the first they featured.
  • Options
    Andy Carroll
  • Options
    Joe "the white pele" cole

Complete and utter chuff

I mean at some stage he was gonna be englands saviour ... The emperors new clothes more like ...
  • Options
    Danny Hollands.
  • Options
    Arjen Robben.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Rooney. Never steps up to the mark in the games that really matter.

Yeah that overhead he scored against city was rubbish.

What a shit argument that is. JJ used to bang in overhead kicks for us, doesn't mean he's a world-class player you fool.
  • Options
    Rooney is so overrated it's a joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't forget that overheard though!
  • Options

What has he overheard?

I could point out all the other moments of brillance he has performed throughout his career, (against better opposition then JJ, if that is the basis of your argument) and back my thoughts on him up with stats, but as I am a 'fool' I guess there is no point.
  • Options

BWP did one of them for us and JJ did a few.
  • Options

What has he overheard?

I could point out all the other moments of brillance he has performed throughout his career, (against better opposition then JJ, if that is the basis of your argument) and back my thoughts on him up with stats, but as I am a 'fool' I guess there is no point.

And I could proceed to do the same for five or six better forwards who have better stats and also do the stuff for their respective countries. So, go ahead if you fancy?

Do accept my sincerest apologies for that typo. Seeing as it was your banal point I was referring to, I expect you knew what I meant.
  • Options
    Rio Ferdinand and Theo Walcott
  • Options
    edited November 2012

What has he overheard?

And I could proceed to do the same for five or six better forwards who have better stats and also do the stuff for their respective countries. So, go ahead if you fancy?

Do accept my sincerest apologies for that typo. Seeing as it was your banal point I was referring to, I expect you knew what I meant.
    I apologize for being pedantic. That was stupid on my part.

However in regards to your point, please say Christiano Ronaldo and Messi, because as amazing as they are, their stats for country are nowhere near as good as for their club so by your criteria they must be 'overrated'!
  • Options
    For any Premiership club managers reading this - Chris Solly, he's totally overrated, worst defender to ever pull on a Charlton shirt. And he's tiny! I'd give him a miss.

*shush ;o)*
  • Options
    All the players Dowie signed including that french centre half who wore gloves in august.
  • Options
    The England football team
  • Options
    Ibrahimovic is normally the go-to overrated footballer. Though he looked good at the euros. Very strong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter Crouch.

Just dreadful.
  • Options
    Reo Coker and Baldock
  • Options
    I know it's trendy to wank on about his unseen work, but Busquets has won a lot for a diving cheat with moderate pace and stature, that rarely scores or weighs in with an assist.
  • Options
    Benzema
    Ribery
    Ralph Milne
  • Options
    Lionel messi. Anyone who fails the height test can't be any good
  • Options

Lincs has got shout of the day. Cleverly, Wellbeck and Sturridge are all vastly overated to.

This, but Stevie G at his best was mediocre and is shite now.

• Options

I know it's trendy to wank on about his unseen work, but Busquets has won a lot for a diving cheat with moderate pace and stature, that rarely scores or weighs in with an assist.

Think he's a good player but they were better were better with Toure.
  • Options
    Busquets is a failure of a human being, for sure - but to call him overrated is bizarre. If anything, he's underrated. Knits the team together very well and does all the hard yards that Xavi can't do any more. Excellent touch, quick feet for a tallish player and picks a pass very well. If you want to pick an overrated Barca player look no further than Dani Alves. Can't tackle, two shit crosses out of every three and a bit of a wanker to boot.
  • Options
    Wilfred Zaha , one trick pony . King of the pointless step over.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Wilfred Zaha , one trick pony . King of the pointless step over.

As if. He tore us to fucking pieces earlier this season. If you can't pick him as a good player, you need your eyes washing!