Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signed & Framed 1993/4 Team Photo for Sale - Target £2500 Academy Fundraiser

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
Following on from AFKA's launch message for Target £2500 this is the first auction to raise money towards the new academy vehicle that Paul Hart has asked for.

First up a Tom Morris Photo framed by Garry Nelson (stickers confirming this are on back of the pic) for which we are very grateful to Adrian. This is just one of the prizes he has very generously given to these auctions. He even carried them over from Paris. Top Man.

This is the 93/4 squad pictured at the training ground in classic team line-up mode. The mount has been signed by 27 players and coaches.

Clockwise from bottom left Steve Gatting, John Vaughan, Paul Gorman, Shawn Newton, Jimmy Hendry, Paul Sturgess (?), Alan Pardew (?) , ?, kim Grant, ?, ?, Richard Rufus, Scott Minto, Garry Nelson, Colin Walsh, Bob Bolder, Carl Leaburn, Alan Curbishley, David Whyte, Peter Garland, Alan McCleary, Keith Peacock, Steve Gritt, Mark Robson, ?, ?, ?, Paul Linger. (any help filling in the gaps much appreciated.

With frame this is 15'' x 12'' and in excellent condition.

For such a nice piece with so many legends signatures this is going to have to start at a premium price. Opening bid £60

The winner will need to pay postage or be willing to collect. Auction ends next Wednesday 7th November 2012

Happy bidding.image

Comments

• Options
    I will open with £80
  • Options
    Cheers CL.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What a squad :-) , thats around the time I started properly going. Good luck with the sale
  • Options
    Got the same photo and framed by Gary Nelson with all 29 signatures.PLAYERS missing are Mike Salmon,Danny Mills,
    Phil Chapple,Linvoy Primus,Andy Gray,John Robinson,Scott Minto,Stuart Balmer and Darren Pitcher.Will not say how much picture cost me until auction is over.
  • Options
    First five correct think then it is Lingar,Pardew,Brown,Grant,Chapple then unable to see signatures or need new eyes.Can you put up other photo....hope this helps.
  • Options
    Cheers Lewis, I'll try to get some close up pics
  • Options

Cheers Lewis, I'll try to get some close up pics

Any chance of non blurry ones ? :-)

• Options
    You arty types are sooo demanding : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK, that's enough pics.

More bids please.
  • Options

Got the same photo and framed by Gary Nelson with all 29 signatures.PLAYERS missing are Mike Salmon,Danny Mills,
    Phil Chapple,Linvoy Primus,Andy Gray,John Robinson,Scott Minto,Stuart Balmer and Darren Pitcher.Will not say how much picture cost me until auction is over.

I have the same mounted, framed and autographed photo hanging in my study.

It was give to those that purchased (donated) at least L2,500 toward the building of the East Stand, back in the day. We also got a framed and mounted share certificate and our names on a gold plaque that was displayed on the back of the East Stand.

It is a very nice item from back in the day.

• Options
    That must make it even more valuable.

Who is going to bid £100?
  • Options
    Oh, go on then Henry: try and mug a poor old pensioner again, £100!
  • Options
    Cheers March : - )
  • Options

I guess it cost you as much as your loss with the shares fiasco. Am I right?
  • Options
    Chris Powell said if no one else bids he'll play Hamer upfront v Cardiff.
  • Options

Chris Powell said if no one else bids he'll play Hamer upfront v Cardiff.

Might be worth a go Henry? :-0

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He also said I'd have to play in goal

If I let 10 goals in it will be your fault.
  • Options
    Ha Ha , only 10 goals , i'm impressed :-0
  • Options
    Yeah I'd be sent off in the 22nd minute. After that the team falls apart
  • Options
    Good to see two academy players on the bench tonight and another score the 4th.

Back the next generation with a bid or a donation to Target £2500.
  • Options

Ha Ha , only 10 goals , i'm impressed :-0

Unlucky Henry, only 9 goals tonight :-0

• Options
    I think I could have done a better job than Marshall : - )
  • Options

Good to see two academy players on the bench tonight and another score the 4th.

Back the next generation with a bid or a donation to Target £2500.

Times are hard for some at the moment, Henry...and people do contribute to the Academy via VG.

• Options
    Last day today

£100 is the current bid
  • Options
    Under three hours to go
  • Options
    Congrats to March51

£100 plus the £70 already raised means were are £170 towards our target £2500.

Some shirts tomorrow I think.