Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford Crossing

Comments

• Options
    I got a ticket yesterday saying i hadn't paid, dont know how that could be when i have auto top up normally.... thankfully as first offence they said i could pay £2.50 this time, better luck than normal for me as i always seem to pick up parking tickets etc.
  • Options

Carnage today.AVOID

Once in the last 5 years though isn’t too bad though
  • Options
    Bridge just opened so Dartford should be clear of traffic by the morning
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I knew something serious was up when I came up the M20 and got rerouted to the Woolwich Ferry for the 1st time in my life. Thank **** for traffic update navs.

Edit - Good luck to the girl who was seriously hurt, I hope she pulls through.
  • Options
    Sadly, the 21 year old involved in the crash is a friend of the girl who works for me. She's in a coma at the moment and it's not looking good. Lorry driver has been arrested, but we don't know any detail of what happened yet. She works for a logistics business and was on her way to work just after 4am this morning. Just hoping now that she pulls through.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Sadly, the 21 year old involved in the crash is a friend of the girl who works for me. She's in a coma at the moment and it's not looking good. Lorry driver has been arrested, but we don't know any detail of what happened yet. She works for a logistics business and was on her way to work just after 4am this morning. Just hoping now that she pulls through.

poor girl, I hope she pulls through mate
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Sorry to hear that, Tel.
  • Options
    Sad news. Hope she pulls through.
  • Options
    Hope she is able to make a full recovery.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Need a little bit of advice. Might be going over to Tilbury tomorrow morning - need to be there for 9am - and was wondering what the traffic is normally like going south to north at about 8am on a Friday morning.

Cheers

Was just about to say, get the ferry from Gravesend but then I saw the date ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Left home in West Dartford at 0812 to drive to Scotland. Got Ito the tunnel at 1240. I shit ye not. I’m now at keele services after seven hours in the car. Nightmare. As a bit of perspective though, the poor girl involved in the accident is having a much worse day than me so my thoughts are with her and her family.

Drive safely mate, make sure you stop if you're feeling tired or lethargic.
    Cheers mate. Purely to complete the story, I arrived safely seven minutes short of 13 hours after I left. The m6 was a car park around Manchester. The whisky bottle is now taking a pounding.
  • Options
    I've just heard that Abi died about 90 minutes ago. They switched off the machine keeping her going & she was unable to survive on her own. Her family had been told that if she did pull through, she would have been severely and permanently brain damaged.

Not the time for ranting. Rest in Peace Abi.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Oh my god that's awful. RIP
  • Options
    Wow. Shocking, awful news.
    RIP
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    RIP.

Cars are great but car accidents are horrible. It takes a moment of distraction and then you have people like me tearing your car apart. As I get older I get more sentimental and the job gets harder.

Look after yourselves one and all.
  • Options
    RIP.

• Options
    Horrible news, my daughter commutes to Essex every day.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's terrible news, rest in peace abi
  • Options
    RIP. Horrible.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Abi
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Abi
  • Options
    RIP Abi
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP Abi
  • Options
    Nobody should die travelling to work.

There but for the grace of God go any of us.

RIP Abi.