Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blanston Pickle

Sad, sad day. This Country is falling apart - we're nothing without our traditions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20135080

Comments

• Have we signed him? Heard he's pretty tasty.
  • Mustard I heard
  • No, thought that was Coleman.
  • Rob said:

Mustard I heard

He'll take that as a condiment
  • Cream crackers, cheese, Branson pickle, and pickled onions. Compulsory Boxing Day early evening fare. The last component makes it possibly the most anti-social snack this side of a reheated kebab, but the food of Kings for all that.
  • Blanston Pickle.. i always thought it was Branston pickle?
  • Blanston Pickle.. i always thought it was Branston pickle?

Whoosh?

Or you being velly silly?

• Perhaps it will become cheaper in Asia now. Costs a fortune at the moment and one of the delicacies I have brought out by friends.
  • Cream crackers, cheese, Branson pickle, and pickled onions. Compulsory Boxing Day early evening fare. The last component makes it possibly the most anti-social snack this side of a reheated kebab, but the food of Kings for all that.

Cold meat , mash and pickle is also a lovely Boxing Day one. Or corned beef mash and pickle .
  • It's about 3 pounds a standard jar here, shocking price! But cheese sandwiches are not the same without it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's funny because some types of racism are still OK
  • edited October 2012

Blanston Pickle.. i always thought it was Branston pickle?

It goes nicely with raw fish apparently.

Premier Foods have been in deep doggy do since they borrowed too much money - around a £1bn I think - to acquire Hovis. They are now selling off some "non-core" brands to try to reduce the debt mountain. Hartley Jam, Sun Pat, and Gales Honey went to an american firm and this is their second deal with Mizkan which had already bought Sarsons Vinegar and Haywards Pickles from Premier.

They may save the business but will they still actually be producing anything any more?