Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

... and in the next round of the Carling Cup

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
... who do you think we'll get in the draw ... home or away ?
Please make your selection, I can then scientifically apply the Wisdom of The Crowd to accurately predict who we'll get

The teams are:

Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Norwich
Reading
Watford
Hull City
Liverpool
Port Vale
Luton Town
Portsmouth
Aston Villa
Southampton
Chesterfield
Franchise FC
Leeds United
Notts County
Leicester City
Birmingham City
Crewe Alexandra
Southend United
West Ham United
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Doncaster Rovers
Newcastle United
Sheffield United
Manchester United
Wycombe Wanderers
Tottenham Hotspurs
West Bromwich Albion

I am going for Notts County (H) - although Leeds (A)came a close second.

Comments

• Home to Leicester.
  • No Palace, Millwall or Gillingham..... shame

Wycombe away would do me
  • Sheffield United away.
  • Hull City (A)
  • Home to Chesterfield
  • I reckon Franchise at home! Wonder how many they would bring 'down'
  • [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]I reckon Franchise at home! Wonder how many they would bring 'down'

How many would we take up there?

Not only have you got the issues of poor away support and the Carling Cup but a lot of people would boycott it on principle wouldn't they?
  • Defo Milton Keynes Dons but away. Will give everyone the excuse not to go as a "boycott"
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]I reckon Franchise at home! Wonder how many they would bring 'down'

How many would we take up there?

Not only have you got the issues of poor away support and the Carling Cup but a lot of people would boycott it on principle wouldn't they?

If the reaction to the proposed friendly, a couple (?) of seasons ago, is anything to go by then the attendance at home will easily be below the 8k we had for Carlisle.
  • Bit of a dilemma. Principles v New Ground!
  • Sponsored links:

• Would boycott Franchise at home too - they won't have a penny of my cash.

Unless we all go in AFC Wimbledon tops and give the ****s dog's abuse for 90 minutes.
  • i wouldn't boycott. I despise everything about MK Dons, but i follow Charlton and if that's who Charlton play, i'll be there.

I think home to West Ham.
  • i have a very strong feeling we will be at HOME to either chesterfield or doncaster, just to piss me off at not being able to 'do' a new ground. as previously with blackpool, yeovil, rochdale, carlisle, and hartlepool.
  • Got to be Wycombe, home or away, a chance to give all my Chairboy in-laws some stick !!
  • Okay here it is, by averaging the responses we have:

- a Home draw
    - length of team name is 12 or 13
    - first letter of team is N or O

so we shall be drawn against Notts County at home ......... FACT

PS Notts County are going to be very busy because if you repeat this experiment for any other club in the draw you will probably get the same result.
    PPS Apart from Notts County of course who would probably get Leicester City.
    [ulist]
  • lets hope we get to play them last then, they don't have the squad to cope...
  • edited September 2006
    Good point!
    Plus of course chances are they'll already be though by then anyway ...
  • Anyone Away the sooner we are out the better, God I am miserable today..!