Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clattenberg

Sounds like he might be in a bit of trouble again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20119340

Comments

• Exagerated banter.
  • Racist abuse apparently. I can't see that being true in a million years
  • I wonder if the refs who are abused by players each week will be making complaints as well.
  • If Clattenburg is proved to have said what is alleged, might I be the first to state that, being of Spanish heritage, I am utterly unable to see how being referred to as a 'Spanish twat' is in any way 'racist'. Xenophobic? Maybe. Ignorant? Probably. inappropriate for a referee? Certainly - but Racist? No.

'Dago twat' and 'Spic twat' are racist. 'Spanish twat' is not.
  • Nothing to do with Chelsea having two players sent off and Utd's winning goal being offside then?
  • Racism aside, I don't really understand what's happened with Clattenberg. I remember having him for a few games when we were in the Prem and he was a god-awful referee. The away game at Villa always sticks in my mind where he disallowed 2 of our goals and denied us stone wall penalties. Yet now he seems to be doing the top matches but still comes under scrutiny for bad decisions. There must be someone better.
  • edited October 2012
    Smokescreen here. Trying to deflect from the fact that Chelsea fans injured a steward, pushing him against a wall, whilst trying to get close to and abuse Hernandez after the goal, a seat being ripped out and thrown onto the pitch and coins and other items being thrown at Hernandez. Chelsea have opted to discredit the referee Clattenberg as they have lost an important game. They previously made false allegations against a referee in a Champions League match that they lost against Barcelona. Chelsea must be aware that all Premier League referees wear microphones, so a recording will be available. Players swear and abuse referees all the time and rarely get sent off, so what's wrong with them giving it back?
    Edit - sorry, the referees microphones are open, but only heard by the 4th official and not recorded.
  • Tbh, other than the winner being offside, which is down to the assistant ref, thought Clattenberg had an ok game yesterday. Was spot on with the Ivanovic red and Torres justifiably got a 1st yellow and no matter how many times I saw the replay last night, if there was a touch on Torres, it was minimal at the most and he was going down before that point anyway.

Makes a change to see Clatternberg stitch up a team other than Spurs.
  • How any player, or team, can have the gall to accuse a referee of giving them verbals after the abuse that they dish out regularly nearly every minute of any given game is beyond me.

• Chelsea. No history and no class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think that Torres made a meal of the Evans tackle, rollong over and holding his shins. Maybe if He just "fell over" Evans slight contact He may have got the free-kick.
  • This is Chelsea getting their revenge for all of the Terry-Ferdinand bullshit.

Feel sorry for Clattenburg, he is a pawn in a much bigger game in this instance.

The fact that Chelsea lost in controversial circumstances only aggravates the situation.
  • Well, if ever a club was to accuse anyone of inappropriate language, then I suppose Chelsea would be the experts!
  • I see John Terry's managed to get involved despite being banned for the match in question.
    Again.
  • Think that Torres made a meal of the Evans tackle, rollong over and holding his shins. Maybe if He just "fell over" Evans slight contact He may have got the free-kick.

The fact Torres knocked the ball about 10-15yards in front of him showed everyone he had absolutely no intention of trying to play on and go for the ball. No doubt in my mind that the contact came because Torres was looking for it. I make Clattenberg right! As Johnboy said, thought he had a good game. Can't blame him for the winner.
  • Well for sending off 2 players in my Fantasy Team, he deserves the book thrown at him!

The Torres second booking was ridiculous, clear contact, and while the reactions of the idiot fans was terrible, Hernandez was hardly an innocent party in the incident.
  • edited October 2012
    Graham Poll on TalkSport this morning said that he was once accused by Chelsea players of inappropriate language after a game in which they lost & he gave a controversial decision against them. He says he said nothing of the sort & it was 100% made up by the players at the time.
  • Well for sending off 2 players in my Fantasy Team, he deserves the book thrown at him!

The Torres second booking was ridiculous, clear contact, and while the reactions of the idiot fans was terrible, Hernandez was hardly an innocent party in the incident.

Why was Hernandez to blame - apart from scoring the goal and celebrating?
  • Graham Poll on TalkSport this morning said that he was once accused by Chelsea players of inappropriate language after a game in which they lost & he gave a controversial decision against them. He says he said nothing of the sort & it was 100% made up by the players at the time.

Exactly. I cannot believe a referee of Clattenburg's experience would dream of saying that sort of thing, just does not add up.

This has 'revenge' written all over.

God, I fucking hate Chelsea and everything they represent.
  • Sponsored links:

• if this turns out to be crap then Chelsea should be heavily fined or even deducted points.

drag a mans name through the gutter just because he gave a decision against you is a disgrace.
  • can't see this going anywhere. anything he said will have been transmitted into the ears of three other officials. Also i would assume that if it was of racial origin then rather than a complaint to the premier league that a complaint to the police would have been made.

as for the sending off of Torres. A slight touch on his right leg leads to his left leg crumpling a metre futher on. sorry but he went down looking for a free kick and got exactly what he deserved.
  • Think he said he wasnt a huge fan of Tapas. String him up
  • This incident can surely be sorted out within 48 hours as the other 3 officials will have heard every word he said during the match.

• If it gets this disgraceful mess of a ref out of the game for good, it's a good thing. Should never have been allowed to come back from his last enforced absence. Loves to put himself in the limelight with his controversial (wrong) decisions
  • Ivanovic cast iron red. Torres may should have gone for first yellow, second yellow mearest of touches on the shin and players go down on contact. I don't there was enough contact by Evans for him to go down. He wasn't hacked or knocked off balance, Torres chose to go down and when you do that with minimal contact then you're running the risk of a caution. The offside goal by Hernandez - unforgiveable. He was behind Cech so no players between him and the goalline. Again, simple video replay and we switch around 3 wrong decisions this weekend - Arteta, Suarez and Hernandez.
  • Dare I say if all the Terry/Kick It Out rubbish hadn't been going on for the past year, then this sort of story wouldn't even be seeing the light of day.
  • Re the Torres second yellow. I don't think anyone disputes the fact there was contact, if so then I don't think you can book him for diving. There is no way anyone can be sure if that was a dive or not including Clattenberg, I think he didn't see the contact, if he had I don't think there would have been a card in which case he has made a mistake there.

About the complaint Chelsea have lodged. All I will say is that if this had happened in another country everyone would be making as much noise as possible, calling for bans, fines, FIFA not doing anything etc.
  • if this turns out to be crap then Chelsea should be heavily fined or even deducted points.

drag a mans name through the gutter just because he gave a decision against you is a disgrace.

totally agree with this, if Chelsea are lying there should be a heavy fine and points deducted seeing as they were the ones insisting Anton was lying