Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The missing pieces of the jigsaw

Following the recent encouraging results away from home playing a 4-1-4-1 formation I've been wondering whether SCP is now closer than ever to finding that "winning formula" we've all been hoping for. I've looked at four different scenarios (home v away with a fully fit team and home v away with the current available players) and come up with the following which I believe represent our best chance of stringing a run of good results together. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Home (Fully fit team) 4-5-1

HAMER
SOLLY
MORRISON
CORT
WIGGINS
WILSON
JACKSON OR COOK
RAZAK
STEPHENS OR PRITCHARD
KERMORGANT
FULLER

Away (Fully fit team) 4-1-4-1

HAMER
SOLLY
MORRISON
CORT
WIGGINS
WILSON
KERKAR OR COOK
DERVITE
PRITCHARD OR JACKSON
KERMORGANT
FULLER

Home (Current available players) 4-5-1

HAMER
SOLLY
MORRISON
CORT
EVINA
WILSON
JACKSON
RAZAK
STEPHENS OR PRITCHARD
KERKAR OR COOK
BWP

Away (Current available players) 4-1-4-1

HAMER
SOLLY
MORRISON
CORT
EVINA
WILSON
JACKSON
DERVITE
PRITCHARD
KERKAR OR COOK
HULSE

Comments

• The same formation we've been playing but with fuller upfront when he's back I think will see us get three points
  • Mike said:

The same formation we've been playing but with fuller upfront when he's back I think will see us get three points

Maybe. Kerkar still doesn't convince me though. Maybe Cook should get the chance?
  • He's not looked all that great in brief cameos but deserves another shot from the start. Didn't go yesterday but I'm sure I saw a few posts on him looking ineffective
  • How about Razak? We have a Man City player warming the bench when our midfield is obviously the weakest part of the team (as many have already commented on). What is everyones thoughts on him?
  • How about Razak? We have a Man City player warming the bench when our midfield is obviously the weakest part of the team (as many have already commented on). What is everyones thoughts on him?

One of the laziest people i've seen play for us

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's only actually played one full game for us hasn't he?
  • I wouldn't have Razak anywhere near our team.
  • Is Razak that bad then?
  • He was our best player vs Barnsley until he was subbed IMO
    BIG_ROB said:

Is Razak that bad then?

• Why those negative comments about Razak? I haven't seen him play but he received good player marks from the 45 minutes he's done so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• He was our best player vs Barnsley until he was subbed IMO

BIG_ROB said:

Is Razak that bad then?

He was pony against Barnsley hense SCP taking him off at half time.
    If it was a hide and seek contest , your right , he would have been best,
  • With our weakened team how about Stephens and Razak to replace Pritchard and JJ. Same formation as yesterday.
  • Rob said:

With our weakened team how about Stephens and Razak to replace Pritchard and JJ. Same formation as yesterday.

Stephens to replace JJ yes but dropping Prichard for Razak would be idiotic . Pritchard had a good game yesterday .
  • Rob said:

With our weakened team how about Stephens and Razak to replace Pritchard and JJ. Same formation as yesterday.

Stephens to replace JJ yes but dropping Prichard for Razak would be idiotic . Pritchard had a good game yesterday .
    Not a fan then Beds?
  • A team of Kermogants.

Sort.id.
  • BIG_ROB said:

Is Razak that bad then?

Looked good enough for the championship at B'pool. Could be better still potentially.
  • BIG_ROB said:

Rob said:

Not a fan then Beds?
    Not really Rob. I can forgive a player who doesn't have the ability but not a player who has ability and can't be arsed to use it.
  • Alan pardew once described Andy Gray as "The missing pieces of the jigsaw"
  • edited October 2012

How about Razak? We have a Man City player warming the bench when our midfield is obviously the weakest part of the team (as many have already commented on). What is everyones thoughts on him?

I wouldn't have Razak anywhere near our team.

Yeah, that Razak (the new Yaya Toure) is soooo lazy. Definitely should never play for Charlton again.

I've judged him comprehensively on the only 45 mins he's ever played for us, having just returned from the Senegal game, which had to be stopped due to rioting.

He's obviously a no good lazy bum & thankfully I'm the voice of reason.
  • I like Kerkar. But Cook looked good v orient in the cup so he should be given a chance when he's ready.
  • Sponsored links:

I wouldn't have Razak anywhere near our team.

Yeah, that Razak (the new Yaya Toure) is soooo lazy. Definitely should never play for Charlton again.

I've judged him comprehensively on the only 45 mins he's ever played for us, having just returned from the Senegal game, which had to be stopped due to rioting.

He's obviously a no good lazy bum & thankfully I'm the voice of reason.
    I'm glad you agree ;)

• Wait. So we can form an opinion on a loan player after 45 mins but can't form an opinion on one of our own after a couple of games
  • From what I've seen of Razak it appears he is a decent player, but perhaps too much of a luxury to have in our side, perhaps in the same way that Ambrose was.

As for the rest of the team, it seems that the Green/Waggy debate has once and for all finally been put to bed with Wilson's fantastic performances! In the centre we lack a bit of bite, something Pritchard doesn't give us, nor does Hollands at this level IMO. Something that Powell needs to look at in January?
  • edited October 2012
    Razak is highly thought of at Man City and by Brighton fans where he was on loan. He's got a big future ahead of him so don't write his Charlton future off just yet.
  • Wait. So we can form an opinion on a loan player after 45 mins but can't form an opinion on one of our own after a couple of games

Exactly. It's easy to score points though now Wilson had turned out ok.

Might have a go at it myself when razak turns out good.

It does seem strange that the Club identified a need for a CM, went to the market and the Premier League Champions and recruited an up and coming player and he is only good enough to sit on the bench, so not resolving the original problem, albeit giving us a greater strength in depth. I did like Razak in the first half against Barnsley.

• edited October 2012
    Kerkar looks like he could be very useful but hasn't demonstrated an
    end product as yet. Hopefully this will come and it will be sooner rather than later as we don't have too much choice on the left - other than JJ who hasn't done so well there this season. An option would be to have Evina there when Wiggins is fit - might give us a good balance with Solly and Wilson on the other side.
  • Kap10 said:

How about Razak? We have a Man City player warming the bench when our midfield is obviously the weakest part of the team (as many have already commented on). What is everyones thoughts on him?

It does seem strange that the Club identified a need for a CM, went to the market and the Premier League Champions and recruited an up and coming player and he is only good enough to sit on the bench, so not resolving the original problem, albeit giving us a greater strength in depth. I did like Razak in the first half against Barnsley.

this all day long, quite how he wasn't good enough for us is a mystery

• Kerkar looks like he could be very useful but hasn't demonstrated an
    end product as yet. Hopefully this will come and it will be sooner rather than later as we don't have too much choice on the left - other than JJ who hasn't done so well there this season. An option would be to have Evina there when Wiggins is fit - might give us a good balance with Solly and Wilson on the other side.

or Cook?