Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most bizarre celebrity sighting

Comments

• Options
    My dad was in cue in pub behind nicolas lindhurst(rodney) in wimbledon he was buying a babysham and pulled out a £50 note to pay for it!
  • Options
    Still waiting for a proper celebrity sighting in Thailand. Oddest was probably staying in the same package tour hotel as Harry Worth in Ibiza 30 years ago.

Most famous celebrity I have had a piss next to is Ronnie Wood in a pub in Richmond.
  • Options
    The family & I shared a jacuzzi & a long chat with Steve Diggle from The Buzzcocks in a hotel in Calgary - very, very nice bloke...

• Options
    I'd just arrived at a Tokyo hotel and I was waiting for reception to send a foam pillow up. Got comfy after a long trip and was down to my underpants and an ill fitting kimono type thing that the hotel provided. Thought I heard a knock on the door but wasn't sure so I opened it and Nick Hancock happens to walk past and looks at me strangely wearing my relaxed attire and bemused look.

Also saw Judith Chalmers going into the Valley on a match day which seemed pretty bizzare.
  • Options
    I got to sit on Judith's lap when I was a kid :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    richie8 said:

Ally McCoist in the bar of Corstorphine Rugby Club in Edinburgh on Scotland v England day at Murrayfield,watching the match on the telly with all the players and members.Would have though he would have had a ticket?!!

Nah, I definitely wasn't there on that day. Just checked and I was in Glasgow
  • Options
    I was on my way to Mykonos to be best man at a friend's wedding and I was sat next to Martina Navratilova and her girlfriend on the aeroplane. Lovely couple and she even gave me a ride from the airport as I was staying pretty close to her villa.
  • Options
    Standing outside the Market Porter early one evening telling my boy how I had bumped into Julian Clarey earlier in the day. The pavement was closed and I was walking along a part of the road that was being used and Clarey came the other way. I let him by and said "I really don't want to block your passage Mr Clarey" - he actually laughed!

Whilst my boy was telling me it wasn't funny, I swore I saw Robert Plant stroll into the packed pub. In rushes the boy, tells me it's him, and he's coming out to see me as long as we don't make too much of a fuss. He came out a spoke to us for about twenty minutes (mainly about the demise of Wolves), got some 'photos and he disappeared back into a packed pub to meet some young totty - no one else seemed to realsise who it was.

Can't believe I offered to buy a multi squillionaire a drink, rather than the other way round!
  • Options
    David McCullum( Ilya Kuriakin in The Man From U.N.C.L.E) once came into the shop/ office in Tooley Street where I was working and asked me about some obscure military buttons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I was a young police officer in Thames Valley, many years ago, I was sent to a burglar alarm way out in the sticks. When I arrived the home owner was there, and together we checked the huge property. Whilst chatting I became aware that I recognised this man from somewhere, although I couldn't think where from. In the end curiousity got the better of me, so I asked him what he did for a living. He replied that he was an ice skater. Still the penny did not drop. I asked him if he was any good. He looked rather coyly at me and said, "have you heard of Christopher Dean?" I felt a bit stupid, but managed to get a signed photo for my wife :)
  • Options
    Ridddick Bowe sitting on the steps of a Las Vegas hotel as we were walking in.
  • Options
    Oh, just remembered. Was sitting in The Horse one afternoon with the guvnor and a couple of pals and who should walk through the door to use the bog...........?
  • Options
    If we're doing weird ones, I went to uni with baby Damien from Only Fools. That was a strange conversation..
  • Options
    had a piss next to Adam from the Adam and Joe show
  • Options
    Saw Clare Sweeney in a restaurant last year and she was with another bird . There was a group of us and one of them said I think thats her mum she's with and he googled her .. found out her name was Kath .

So when she walked past us I stopped her had a little chat about panto or something and I said oh its nice to see you out with your Mum , Kath ...

And she said in her broad scouse accent ' That's not me ma , that's me bessie ...! '

Whoops ...
  • Options
    the only famous person ive ever met was darren bent. i saw him in top shop in blue water with his bird.

miserable p****k
  • Options
    Walked out of my old office in Berners Street and bumped right into the gargantuan Stephen Fry who was staring up at something in the sky and didn't even notice my presence.

Did the same thing with Richard Briers in Little Riding House Street, he was wandering round mumbling to himself and acting very strangely, I later found out he was rehearsing for his role in a series called 'If You See God, Tell Him' where he played a man who was mentally ill!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Addickted has reminded me about my Robert Plant encounter. T'was in San Antonio (Ibiza) in 1981. RP was there making an album and we bumped into him in a bar. I asked him if he wanted a drink he said he'd have a large scotch then he told me to F**k off. That scotch cost me about £8 which was a lot in 1981 but I waited until he'd finished and then I went and retrieved the glass he'd been drinking from. Sad, I know...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I work on the underground of a night time and a few years ago my daughter had left her super soaker water pistol in my work van. Me and my pal were driving along regent street when we saw Jeff brazier and his pals walking along, my mate said pull over so I did he wound the window down and called Jeff over saying can I have your autograph, he was well happy and starting walking towards the van as he got a few feet away my pal picked the picked the water pistol up and soaked him before we sped off laughing, his mates found it funny too, but he didn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Showed Palace player Andy Johnson round my house and didn't recognise him. He stopped to look at my pictures all over my walls of CAFC and asked if I like football. I said no, I'm a Charlton supporter. We both laughed.
    Shared a beer with Bradley Walsh in Portugal, he was there for Chris Evans wedding.
    Saw Marc Bolan walking down Wardour St with a dog bigger than him.
    Delivered bread to Rolf Harris. Sat next to Robert Lindsay at a wedding.
    Run into Ade Edmonson once as we'll.
  • Options
    Recently saw Hughie from Fun Loving Criminals in GAP at SB Westfield, with his wife/gf and baby. They were in front of me in the que
  • Options
    Michael Barrymore in a fish and chip shop Ware, Herts early 90's
  • Options
    Not me but still a cracking story.

I worked with a guy called Rich who I've known since I was 16. He used to be the resident DJ at a bar/club in the city called The Bathhouse near Liverpool St Station (his partner owned it). It gained quite a reputation and had a constant A list celeb turn out including Amy Winehouse, Prince Harry and others.

One Sunday morning I get a picture message from Rich saying "Look who I was drinking with at the club all night". Attached was a picture of him outside the club with his arm around the shoulder of Colin Farrel, both looking worse for wear. Pretty cool, I thought. I called him and he explained that Colin Farrell had turned up with a few mates, got very drunk (to the sum of £2500 at the clubs expense), and then offered to host a party back at his hotel room to which my mate declined.

Anyhow, the following Monday in work Rich was there bleary eyed telling us how much of laugh it all was spending time and hanging out with a Hollywood star. I did say to him that I thought Colin Farrell was taller than what he looked like in the picture.

Later that day our other workmate, Greg, took a call from his missus. Greg had been to the club several times and told his missus about who Rich had been partying with.

Greg's missus explained that one of her mates had been at The Bathhouse on Saturday night with his mate James Martin, a professional Colin Farrell lookalike and someone who is renowned for getting in to the A list night spots and drinking them dry!!!

This was about 2 years ago now and we still rip the s**t out of Rich whenever we see him.
  • Options
    Great story!

I saw Mark Fish in Burger King, Orpington.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Saw Richard E Grant walking bowling down the south bank, he looked properly pissed off. Some girl recognised him and shouted Richard, he told her to fuck off.
    Always liked the guy and now even more so.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I queued behind Stephanie Beacham in Boots in Dartford when she was appearing in a show at the Orchard - she was buying hair dye.

Sid Owen belched in my face outside Nobu. Him and the bloke that plays Phil Mitchell on Eastenders were falling out of a cab drunk and Sid obviously thought that belching inches from my face was an acceptable way of saying hello!
  • Options
    Met Dennis Priestley in a bar in Tenerife last year, know him anyway through a mutual friend, hadn't seen him for a while, had just been knocked out of the world championships a few days previous.,
  • Options
    Also saw Nigel Havers when driving near Hampstead hill a few months back
  • Options
    Forgot to say did aload of work in Paul oakenfold the dj's house he used to give me VIP tickets to various events that were sent to him in the hope he attended, took the misses to a few of them. His house was by marble arch two doors down from tony blair.