Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Streaming Music

Can anyone advise as my kids have varying opinions. I want to stream music from an IMac and other devices like IPad and IPhone. I want to be able to play music or radio around the house in all rooms ( or some rooms ). My son recommends Phillips and others are telling me Jawbone. Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Ive got a philips streamium and its served me well, one of the older models, you can get quite good value on second hand ones on ebay too. That said if you are streaming from apple devices with a the music library based on a single computer or networked drive you could possibly work a simpler solution.

If you've got a bit more cash to spend, sonos is probably the best way to go.

• Options
    I've got a streamium with a wireless slave unit too. I like that it's got its own hard drive, so you don't have to even bother plugging in a separate MP3 player (although you can). It can play whatever is on its own drive, different stuff in different rooms, whatever is on your computer and internet radio. Oh and CDs as well - remember them! I don't much like its small screen but you do get album art but I don't think Philips make them any more which is a shame. I don't know whether sonos systems even have a screen. There also used to be (still is?) a Sony gigajuke and the logitech squeezebox system is still available I think. There's also something called the Cocktail AX10.