Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bottled Beer

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
After reading Henrys article who would be in favour of bottled beer? Do you think it would be that popular?

I'm all for a bit of choice but it tends to taste like crap, especially out of those plastic bottles. Would the club charge appropriately too? You tend to find bars charge more for bottled beer these days and its only just 3/4s of a pint.

Comments

• Options
    Went to a Pikey Gills game & they serve a choice of Stella & Kronenbourg in plastic bottles, both tasted drinkable also the most important part of the bottle process it meant little/no Queueing as the servers don't have to wait for pints to be poured, most people go to football to watch the game, but if you want to have a drink you have to miss at least 5-10 mins as you queue up for a half-time beer. I say punters should have the choice..!
  • Options
    At Manure, there are big bottles, i reckon they are just under a pint, and were ok to drink too. I dont reckon it will be 330 ml bottles like normal pub bud and the likes.

I also may be wrong!

Henry can you confirm that its the bigger bottles you are asking for?
  • Options
    I think it's a good idea and would lead to shifting more beer, definitely.
  • Options
    It also depends on what bottled beer is on offer.

Courage Light Ale anybody?
  • Options
    all football ground beer is crap. its just something quick you want at half time to keep the alcohol level up in your blood while the football gets in the way before you can get back down the pub to carry on.
  • Options
    some of us lightweights struggle to get a pint down us at half time, so bottles would definately help :-)
  • Options
    Guinness at Newcastle crap?

You philistine B.
  • Options
    Bottle beer is not good, but if it means getting served quicker and not having to leave for the bar after 35 mins then the club should go for it.
  • Options
    Decision of size and type I'm leaving to Dave Archer the C & B Manager. You'll be asking for free Trappist beer in the special glasses like we get in the directors' box next. ; )

Dave knows he can sell more with bottles but we just needed to get the police and council in line. One down and one to go.
  • Options
    I would have thought that anything would be an improvement on the dodgy pints we get at the moment.

More than once I've been having a half time pint and thought that it's probably not just the mist that comes in from the Thames!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the Pompey game they were selling bottles at a small kiosk near the North-East corner. At half time I thinks, "I'll have some of that" saw it in the fridges before the game, Carlsberg I think it was (the two Fosters pumps were out of order).

So......... what do they do? They open the bottles and pour the fecking beer (very very badly) into plastic cups!!! ARRRRRRRRRRGH !!! 3/4 head and 1/4 beer. They let it settle then pour some more and over the top it comes. WTF is that all about?

LUNACY!!! SORT IT OUT FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    that was our little secret bar as it only opened during last season, and while the other bar was 15 deep we just walked straight up to get a drink.

Unfortunately, people have cottoned on :-(
  • Options
    But what's the point of pouring bottles beer? Surely the main advantage should be to shift it quick?

ps I won't tell anyone else! ;-)

pps especially not McMoist!
  • Options
    what about serving orange reef and blue WKD?

that's what the kids want , some jungle juice!