Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roda JC

edited October 2012 in Charlton International
Simple - who went?

Memories

Off it being the sensible one looking after me and euroboy in Amsterdam - not as gay as it sounds
Playing electronic darts FIFETEEN times
Club Madison for some gentlemen
Club in the middle of an industrial estate for the ravers
Not tsure what the score was

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I was there - think we lost 2-1. JJ scored for us.

What goes on tour...
  • No idea with the score after a day/night or two in Amsterdam , there was never gonna be much recollection of that day
    Remember going to a "club" after the match and there was a good ratio of women to us visiting men in there lol
    We stayed in the shittiest Formula One hotel you could imagine the toilet cubicle doubled up as a shower
    What year was it ?
  • Drove from Dusseldorf, car had Deutsche plates so local lad helped park it somewhere quiet, game terrible, remember Jason Euell song which never caught on sang to tune of Hey by since disgraced Gadd.
  • edited October 2012

Remember going to a "club" after the match and there was a good ratio of women to us visiting men in there lol What year was it ?

Boom said:

Club Madison for some gentlemen

I think this is the 'Club' mentioned that some of us also visited...Don't remember much about it though!
    I believe the year was 2001, had signed Jason Euell that summer.
  • Yup, I was there. Euell was there with his fancy white boots, didn't do a lot as I remember. Strange walking around the town being greeted with " alright" everywhere. Remember physio coming on to chants of "Who ate all the pies"
  • We were there with a friend from Amsterdam. Don't think he was too impressed with the football!
    Remember Svenson getting injured and seeing the legendary Hugo Hackenbusch in the crowd. That's about it!
  • We stayed in that formula 1 hotel as well 4 of us to a room. Only 3 beds though.
  • Boom said:

We stayed in that formula 1 hotel as well 4 of us to a room. Only 3 beds though.

You owe me £40

• I didn't go but reading this thread it sounds like a day trip from the blue oyster club.
  • Got the eurostar at 7.00 am, starting drinking, long day. Remember their sub coming on and scoring a cracking goal. God was I sick the next day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Boom said:

We stayed in that formula 1 hotel as well 4 of us to a room. Only 3 beds though.

You owe me £40

Don't think so mush
  • I was there the day after the game we went to Amsterdam for the day and one of the blokes I was with had the word thug tattooed on his back haven't seen him for years
  • edited October 2012
    I was there , they had inflatables near the corner flags , thought i was in the wrong place! think Matty Svensson broke his arm?
  • I remember a load of yanks turning up in our end. Oh, and one of the fellas I was with completely off his nut running on the spot on a podium for about an hour in the club afterwards.

That Formula 1 hotel was a real shocker.
  • Yep..got very drunk lost my mates,ended up in a hotel God knows where which was not the one i was booked into...mates ended up in some dodgy club near the german border...and then it all went downhill after that :)
  • Got the eurostar at 7.00 am, starting drinking, long day. Remember their sub coming on and scoring a cracking goal. God was I sick the next day.

That'll be all the low/non-alcoholic beer you had in the ground!! ;-)