Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Wilfred Zaha Worth £10 Million?

Nearly drove the car off the road last night when listening to the radio , they said Spurs were interested in signing Wilfred Zaha and he was worth in the region of £10 million , is he really all that , and is he really worth all that , or has he just got a very good agent?

I know its all about potential but he has 14 goals in 106 games.

Comments

• Options
    He is pretty good tbf
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    Well if Jordan Henderson is £18m !10m for zaha is a steal
  • Options
    No, He's shite
  • Options
    Hot Property at the moment, Arsenal are also very keen, £10 Million is cheap if he comes good and ends up being the finished article.
    Probably plenty of scouts tracking him at the moment.
  • Options
    Does my head in when people say "this person was worth that, so he must be at least worth/more than/less than etc". You've got to factor in length on remaining contract, financial status of the selling club, the player's feelings about moving, how much the buying club desperately need someone of their quality etc.

I'd say £10 million is reasonable considering what he has shown he can do. Then again I don't see him doing much in the Premiership other than filling the bench of a big club, just like Scott Sinclair and Victor Moses.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    They might not go onto England like our lot but Palace always get good cash for their kids it seems
  • Options
    Ah yes,The Victor Moses fiasco, that was who i was trying to remember,still if Zaha is a £10 million player lets see who's gonna buy him.
  • Options
    WSS said:

They might not go onto England like our lot but Palace always get good cash for their kids it seems

exactly

they were whinging about the bostock deal but he turned out pony and they prolly got the same dough as we got for jonjo (completely guessing btw)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have to look beyond the stats though as probably 70-80 of those games were when he was 17/18. He's still only 19 now and is an amazing talent.

10m is cheap for a top championship talent when you consider Arsenal bought Oxlade-Chamberlain for 15m and he'd never played outside league one.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    They got a bit less than 1.5mill for Bostock.
  • Options
    Where is Bostock these days?
  • Options
    On loan at Swindon again.
  • Options
    Yes. He's better than any other English talent
  • Options
    Yes he is. Best young English player not currently playing in the Premiership, closely followed by Tom Ince
  • Options
    No he's not but I'm sure some desperate club will stump up the money.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Worth what another club is willing to pay. Personally I think he is all tricks and no end product but a good club like man u or arsenal would fix that.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No player is worth that sort of money football is crazy!
  • Options
    Not worth 10 mil nowhere near

As a hot prospect prob 5 mil inc add ins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that at the rate of £10 for every silly step over he does each season that comes to nothing?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Worth £10m from any club other than palarse, from them £500k.
  • Options
    He probably is worth £10 million to Palace, even if he isn't worth that to the buying club. It's like when people said Scott Parker wasn't worth £10 million. Maybe to Chelsea he wasn't, but to us, he held our team together and losing him cost us a champions league place so he was probably worth 20. When the papers say a manager has 'slapped a £20 million price tag on his head' it doesn't necessarily mean that's how much that player is worth on his own, sometimes it's about how much it will cost the selling manager to replace that talent in his team. That was the case with us, and is probably the same with Palace. Although personally I thought when Zaha came to the Valley he did about a thousand stepovers and achieved nothing. But maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Where did you get that from? They usually have to sell them on the cheap due to being in administration, unlike the £3.5m we got for Bowyer and the £10m we got for Parker.

• Options
    I'd say yes, he's looked pretty good this season and gave both our full backs the absolute runaround
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    From what I've seen of him, he looks a good prospect but I'm pretty sure Levy wouldnt spend £10m on him even if AVB wanted him. He certainly isnt an improvement on what is already is our squad.
  • Options
    Tom Ince is the best young talent outside the Premiership - more goals, more assists and more consistent a player than Zaha. I think both of them will go for +5m in January unless Olly's chairman waits until the end of the year to see if Blackpool can get promoted....
  • Options
    Anyhow, Man City are sniffing around him. They'd blow our offer of a packet of peanuts, some training bibs and Jenas in part-exchange out of the water!
  • Options
    Looks a talent he is quick and tricky which wins quite a few penalties for Palace.

Hope they do sell him so they fall down the table
  • Options
    Answer, in a sane world hardly anybody should warrant that price. In todays crazy marketplace I would have to say that he is, he is consistently destroying defences ( including ours ) and still very young. If he keeps a level head, and a mature outlook he is a potential world star.