Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Carter
  • Options
    Carter said:

What is GN?

graphic novel = comic
    Yep nerds way of not saying comic.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Rick wins basically (I won't ruin it for you) he takes Negan into custody and eventually Negan begins to integrate into the group, even Maggie lets him live. (For me I prefer how he's actually portrayed in the TV show - some differences to the GN),

He's just had a decent issue (174) about his regret around all he killed with Lucille as he didn't know any other way.
    Great - thanks - hopefully then TV show uses that as the storyline in the next half of the series as it would move things along a bit.
  • Options
    I liked the last episode

Also featured the most grotesque method of dispatching zombies
  • Options
    Holy fucking shit

That was a brilliant episode
  • Options
    It was alright in my opinion. A lot better than the recent crap they’ve put out.

Although did you see the next time bit, looked a load of old pony. Desperation from the production team I think
  • Options
    Rick leaving will leave a huge hole, not sure about the planned spin offs, seems a bit desperate but I don’t know much more material they have, also wonder why Andrew Lincoln decided to leave but still do three features we assume without most of the other cast members. Just seems odd
  • Options
    This whole series has been quality, timejump has worked
  • Options
    Carter said:

Surprised by that statement mate, think you’re the only person I’ve seen to have positive things to say, I’ve still watched it every week but not been enjoying it. Each to their own though of course
  • Options
    Carter said:

I have really liked this series. I knew they couldn't kill rick off at end of day this series is his story.

I am not sure on the next time jump it looks a bit weird but enjoying series so far best since first few series
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Carter said:

Surprised by that statement mate, think you’re the only person I’ve seen to have positive things to say, I’ve still watched it every week but not been enjoying it. Each to their own though of course
    I think it's been solid, it's pissed me off for the last couple of series but this one has been spot on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    razil said:

Rick leaving will leave a huge hole, not sure about the planned spin offs, seems a bit desperate but I don’t know much more material they have, also wonder why Andrew Lincoln decided to leave but still do three features we assume without most of the other cast members. Just seems odd

Apparently they are based in another country (UK) so he can be close to his family for most of the shooting. I liked it and do think it needed the time jump. Mixes it up.
  • Options
    I've got three episodes of this backed up, first time ever I haven't bothered watching. Then I read this thread and find out they're decent episodes. The irony!
    razil said:

also wonder why Andrew Lincoln decided to leave but still do three features we assume without most of the other cast members. Just seems odd

He didn't quit then get convinced to do more - he would have struck that deal with AMC before the departure announcement (which was a ratings booster, hence the timing), and they only told us about the spin-offs more recently, perhaps once the spin-offs were 100% greenlit.
  • Options
    It's okay this season, that time jump must be 9/10 years though... Notice Judith had Michonne's sword, Rick/Carl's hat and Rick's Gun - doesn't look good for Michonne's character!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's okay this season, that time jump must be 9/10 years though... Notice Judith had Michonne's sword, Rick/Carl's hat and Rick's Gun - doesn't look good for Michonne's character!

She was n the trailer

Time jump is a good thing,,after Negan was captured they'd run out of ideas for the current cast some time ago. Hopefully it freshens things up.
  • Options
    Was it Michones sword or a cut down child version of Michones?
  • Options
    Hope they end Michonne soon, she's just not a great actress and is unbelievable as a leader.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Hope they end Michonne soon, she's just not a great actress and is unbelievable as a leader.

Seriously? I think she's a brilliant actress and she's coming into her own now

I hope she's one of the last left standing
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Just started watching the Walking Dead last weekend and have some questions -

- A/1. Why do they insist on keeping the same unreliable vehicles when there is a choice, including plenty of them Army armoured Humvee type motors and 4x4s. If they will risk it going into town to the chemist for a pack of tampax, why not check if a couple of the 4x4s laying about have got keys in and a decent tank of squirt.

- B/2. Same with weaponry. There must be shed load of fully automatic rifles, grenades etc. laying about. Why do they insist on using that 1 bag of aged semi auto shotguns. Even check out the gun superstores like Bass Pro and the likes for ammo.....

- C/3. Was gonna post tbis one last night, but it looks like they took my advice and went and found a secure building e.g. a prison to set up in.

- D/4. If you're killed by a zombie, will you come back to life? Or is it only people who get a scratch / bitten who then get the sickness and fever and become zombies? I only ask this because I would've thought a massively large proportion of people would end up dead in any encounter with a zombie , but that dont seem to be the case.

- E/5. When does that Angela get done, her face gets on my wick.
  • Options
    Your first questions are basically ‘because finding better guns/ weapons isn’t a story they want to tell’.

As for 4: everyone on the planet is infected and will come back as a walker after they die. A zombie bite is deadly and will lead to a zombie return, just the same as a bullet to the heart will.

Do you mean Andrea? I can’t remember an Angela.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

- E/5. When does that Angela get done, her face gets on my wick.

I don't remember an Angela but it's fairly safe to assume that she won't be around for too long. TWD doesn't have a good survival rate!
  • Options
    I'm surprised nobody's brought up the talking (more like whispering 😏) zombies at the end of the last epiosde.
  • Options

I'm surprised nobody's brought up the talking (more like whispering 😏) zombies at the end of the last epiosde.

It's straight out the comics i have seen the spoiler
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Your first questions are basically ‘because finding better guns/ weapons isn’t a story they want to tell’.

As for 4: everyone on the planet is infected and will come back as a walker after they die. A zombie bite is deadly and will lead to a zombie return, just the same as a bullet to the heart will.

I do understand that, but I just think it's glaringly obvious that the better weapons / ammo / vehicles / fuel are readily available and that using them wouldn't affect the integrity of the program.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

JiMMy 85 said:

I do understand that, but I just think it's glaringly obvious that the better weapons / ammo / vehicles / fuel are readily available and that using them wouldn't affect the integrity of the program.
    To be fair, they could do a better job of convincing you it's not worth it or not possible or whatever.

That said, petrol doesn't last a year before turning to gloop. And even the most conservative estimates would still see the world free of 99% of the zombies inside 24 months. And yet, eight years later (3-5 years in show maybe), we're still seeing cars being driven around and hordes of zombies appearing!

It's best to avoid overthinking the logic in this show, cos it doesn't add up.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

To be fair, they could do a better job of convincing you it's not worth it or not possible or whatever.

That said, petrol doesn't last a year before turning to gloop. And even the most conservative estimates would still see the world free of 99% of the zombies inside 24 months. And yet, eight years later (3-5 years in show maybe), we're still seeing cars being driven around and hordes of zombies appearing!

Really want em to ditch that f**king camper and get a brand new one that don't overheat when getting chased by a load of hungry zompies, bt can't see it happening somehow.....
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

You'd also expect that more survivors would invest in bite proof protective clothing.
  • Options
    Must admit I really enjoyed the last episode. And a decent first look at the whisperers
  • Options
    Carter said:

Dazzler21 said:

Seriously? I think she's a brilliant actress and she's coming into her own now

I hope she's one of the last left standing
    Well earth must be struggling for numbers by now so surely she must be... It must have been 10-12 years since the outbreak.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I mentioned they were coming ages ago...

The whisperers are humans wearing the skins of zombies and scent of zombies...they travel in the with the zombie hordes. Sorry walkers...