Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walking Dead

Comments

• What a load of shit that was
  • This show could be so good but the writers and AMC have run it into the ground , I’ll finish this season and I think I’m done.
  • The better episodes were revolved around the immediate problem of trying to survive walkers.

Neegans a good character and has given the show a new target and different angle, but for whatever reason, the show has become boring and repetitive.

We have already had the alpha male villain type included within the guvner. I know they gotta follow at least a rough pattern of the comic book so they had to introduce neegan, but it's the same shit all over again, just more drawn out and the group have become underdogs.

It's also lost its realism with the crazy world of a zombie apocalypse. Lost its appeal a bit as it's now just too Hollywood. We can no longer relate to the characters that we support and empathize with.

Now.....That helicopter we saw in the previous episode, for me indicates a potential possibility for young carl to survive.

They need to add the potential of a cure, so there's some kind of hope and there's still at least something to chase.

The current objective is to kill neegan and the saviours....but if or when that's achieved, where do they go from there? Is it even worth it?

• Dave2l said:

The better episodes were revolved around the immediate problem of trying to survive walkers.

Neegans a good character and has given the show a new target and different angle, but for whatever reason, the show has become boring and repetitive.

We have already had the alpha male villain type included within the guvner. I know they gotta follow at least a rough pattern of the comic book so they had to introduce neegan, but it's the same shit all over again, just more drawn out and the group have become underdogs.

It's also lost its realism with the crazy world of a zombie apocalypse. Lost its appeal a bit as it's now just too Hollywood. We can no longer relate to the characters that we support and empathize with.

Now.....That helicopter we saw in the previous episode, for me indicates a potential possibility for young carl to survive.

They need to add the potential of a cure, so there's some kind of hope and there's still at least something to chase.

The current objective is to kill neegan and the saviours....but if or when that's achieved, where do they go from there? Is it even worth it?

I've been thinking this for some time. If not a cure, at least some meaningful information regarding what happened, or details of an official sanctuary or similar. The story needs to start leading towards a conclusion. Whether that's a cure or just the realisation that life as they knew it before is gone for good, something needs to happen on a much larger scale rather than just a few local skirmishes with self imposed leaders and weirdo's.

• Dave2l said:

The better episodes were revolved around the immediate problem of trying to survive walkers.

I've been thinking this for some time. If not a cure, at least some meaningful information regarding what happened, or details of an official sanctuary or similar. The story needs to start leading towards a conclusion. Whether that's a cure or just the realisation that life as they knew it before is gone for good, something needs to happen on a much larger scale rather than just a few local skirmishes with self imposed leaders and weirdo's.

They started on this way way back in the beginning when Rick and crew turned up at the Centre for Disease Control in Atlanta. Turns out everybody is infected anyway, even dying of natural causes turns you into a zombie. Then they blew up the CDC and forgot all about that plotline, so they could concentrate on how awful human beings are when civilisation collapses (over and over and over again!)
  • Missed It said:

Dave2l said:

They started on this way way back in the beginning when Rick and crew turned up at the Centre for Disease Control in Atlanta. Turns out everybody is infected anyway, even dying of natural causes turns you into a zombie. Then they blew up the CDC and forgot all about that plotline, so they could concentrate on how awful human beings are when civilisation collapses (over and over and over again!)
    Indeed, but I'm just so sick of them stumbling from one place to another with pretty much the same things happening over and over so feel it's time to actually start moving towards some kind of ending. I think they've done well with this theme for the most post, and the fact they've eked it out for 8 seasons is pretty damn good, but it's clear it's limping along right now. The last two series have been pretty bad IMO.
  • Missed It said:

Dave2l said:

Indeed, but I'm just so sick of them stumbling from one place to another with pretty much the same things happening over and over so feel it's time to actually start moving towards some kind of ending. I think they've done well with this theme for the most post, and the fact they've eked it out for 8 seasons is pretty damn good, but it's clear it's limping along right now. The last two series have been pretty bad IMO.
    I'm surprised there's been no suicides or attempted random mass muders from individuals, just out of the blue.

I know it's fiction and you still need people in the show!

Just think that if what happened was real....most people would have been driven to having some severe mental illness and survival instinct or a relentless survival mindset, for a lot of people probably would have taken a backseat.

You would think it was a dream or a nightmare, and just too surreal to truly accept.
  • edited December 2017
    DA9 said:

I love the fact that someone has used the term “it’s lost its realism” when debating a TV show about a fictional zombie apocalypse

I tend to agree. It's not that you think it's real. But the earlier series did have you relating to the characters as people from our society and then society collapsed.

A couple of weeks ago it was like Rick was in an old star trek episode on planet garbage.
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:

I hate the dialog of the scrap metal people. Why would you suddenly start talking like Yoda....

"Join you we will"

Oh do fuck off ...

All of their english is broken and dumbed down.
  • I may have said this before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself but I don't know how this zombie apocalypse ever even happened. If it was a '28 days later' style disease where infection was virtually instantaneous and the zombies are fast and frenzied then I could see that bringing down society. But slow, shambling zombies and infection taking days...not so much! The initital shock would be bad but afterwards, the armed forces would easily have dealt with the outbreak. I've only watched the first series of FTWD but that didn't really explain much either.
  • edited December 2017
    It's explained in season one that somehow everyone has the infection, it was airborne. However in such a small amount that you only turn when you become brain dead or are bitten and the infection level is increased to kill off your brain activity.

I think it was something like that but can't remember clearly.

Hopefully after this season, they'll use the last seasons to wrap up the story and come up with a detailed explanation and maybe a cure?

I'd actually really rate an ending where the remaining cast all get shot to pieces and then torched with flamethrowers by the military as a way of killing off the remaining infected.
    (Babies & Children would somehow be exempt from such an ending with a loophole of sorts)
  • This show has never been about how or why. The CDC scenes gave just enough exposition to explain what they were up against, and to kill off any hope of (read: discussion about) a cure.

In truth, it's about how people react to the fall of civilsation. I don't believe it will end with a cure, but will probably end with a new world order that brings them back from the brink of rape and murder. That said, I don't think anyone IS thinking about how it ends. Although he says he has an idea on where it will go, Kirkman isn't too bothered by it, and the showrunners aren't likely to worry about it while it has a one-series-at-a-time approach.

• Rizzo said:

I may have said this before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself but I don't know how this zombie apocalypse ever even happened. If it was a '28 days later' style disease where infection was virtually instantaneous and the zombies are fast and frenzied then I could see that bringing down society. But slow, shambling zombies and infection taking days...not so much! The initital shock would be bad but afterwards, the armed forces would easily have dealt with the outbreak. I've only watched the first series of FTWD but that didn't really explain much either.

Would it maybe have been explained in fear the walking dead?

To be honest I didn't give that show much of a chance at the time, it was boring but I might go back.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

This show has never been about how or why. The CDC scenes gave just enough exposition to explain what they were up against, and to kill off any hope of (read: discussion about) a cure.

In truth, it's about how people react to the fall of civilsation. I don't believe it will end with a cure, but will probably end with a new world order that brings them back from the brink of rape and murder. That said, I don't think anyone IS thinking about how it ends. Although he says he has an idea on where it will go, Kirkman isn't too bothered by it, and the showrunners aren't likely to worry about it while it has a one-series-at-a-time approach.

There is a rumour however that the boy who plays Coral mentioned that it was in it's last few seasons. (Please be 2/3 more at most and 1 more at best).
  • edited December 2017
    Dave2l said:

Rizzo said:

I may have said this before so forgive me if I'm repeating myself but I don't know how this zombie apocalypse ever even happened. If it was a '28 days later' style disease where infection was virtually instantaneous and the zombies are fast and frenzied then I could see that bringing down society. But slow, shambling zombies and infection taking days...not so much! The initital shock would be bad but afterwards, the armed forces would easily have dealt with the outbreak. I've only watched the first series of FTWD but that didn't really explain much either.

No - explaining what happened or showing a world view has NEVER been a part of this show or the comics. And almost certainly never will be.
    Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

This show has never been about how or why. The CDC scenes gave just enough exposition to explain what they were up against, and to kill off any hope of (read: discussion about) a cure.

There is a rumour however that the boy who plays Coral mentioned that it was in it's last few seasons. (Please be 2/3 more at most and 1 more at best).
    Presumably that was before Mickey Mouse bought the show! It's up to him now to decide what happens with the franchise, and I find it hard to believe they'll kill it off.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Dave2l said:

Rizzo said:

No - explaining what happened or showing a world view has NEVER been a part of this show or the comics. And almost certainly never will be.
    Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Presumably that was before Mickey Mouse bought the show! It's up to him now to decide what happens with the franchise, and I find it hard to believe they'll kill it off.
    The show has gone way past the comics has g it ?
  • se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Dave2l said:

Rizzo said:

Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

The show has gone way past the comics has g it ?
    No the show is still behind the comics. Graphic novels
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the whisperers are next
    (people wearing the skin of the dead)
  • also Jeffrey Dean Morgan will be around for a long time IF they follow the GN
  • Dazzler21 said:

I think the whisperers are next

(people wearing the skin of the dead)
    There'a a theory Carl was bit by one, so could survive. I don't buy it.
  • It's so departed from the GN's now. It's a real shame as they're actually pretty decent still. I can't see how the show can follow them now.
  • Dazzler21 said:

also Jeffrey Dean Morgan will be around for a long time IF they follow the GN
    The Carl twist made that a bit harder to predict. I must admit, I did immediately think Carl would somehow survive. They love writing themselves into a hole and then figuring out how to get out of it. It's partly why people don't enjoy the twists of the show I think.
  • Dazzler21 said:

@Dazzler21 any chance you could expand on this one for those of us that haven't read the GN's? (You could use the little spoiler thing for anyone left who cares about the storyline of this show!).
  • se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

@Dazzler21 any chance you could expand on this one for those of us that haven't read the GN's? (You could use the little spoiler thing for anyone left who cares about the storyline of this show!).
    Dazzler can probably be more succinct, but it's all in there if you fancy a read: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Negan_(Comic_Series)
  • edited December 2017
    Rick wins basically (I won't ruin it for you) he takes Negan into custody and eventually Negan begins to integrate into the group, even Maggie lets him live. (For me I prefer how he's actually portrayed in the TV show - some differences to the GN),

He's just had a decent issue (174) about his regret around all he killed with Lucille as he didn't know any other way.
  • edited December 2017
    What is GN?
  • What is GN?

graphic novel = comic