Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Two current players at Bromley Addicks on 7th November

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh no, she got made redundant to pay for Alan Pardew's penchant for quality biscuits! :-)

Have a great evening!
  • Options
    Tony Jimenez has stepped in but sworn us all to silence.
  • Options
    So You have nothing to say :-)
  • Options
    Badger said:

So You have nothing to say :-)

A word to the wise perhaps....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Good night with 55 people there and £125 raised from raffling a signed ball and auctioning a signed champions t-shirt.

A few comments from Leon Cort

Asked if he'd ever played in a 5 - 4 game before he said not since he was playing in the park at the age of 10.

LC said all the players heard and commented on the singing when 1- 0 and 2 - 0 down. He said it made the players feel that "we've got to give these guys something".

Players got a bit of a rollicking at HT and told to pick it up and play at a higher tempo. At the end were expecting another rollicking but Powell just sat down and said "you guys are going to kill me but I can't criticise, you all dug in".

CP not going to wear a suit for home games anymore.

Fuller was in the dressing room at half time geeing the team up. Fuller very vocal as is JJ but generally a quiet team.

Dyer and Matthew very vocal, more than CP. Tell you a lot on the training ground. Peacock also around all the time on the training ground.

All the older players have a young player they mentor

LC knows CP from when Cort was at Palace. Their kids went to the same school and they used to be on the same team for quiz nights etc.

Said CP is a manager from the new era. Always willing to talk to players and explain. Respects and gets respect from players.

Doesn't want to be a manager or coach when he retires. "I've seen Chris Powell's face" "played football since I was a little kid. Want to try something else in the 2nd half of my life".

Charlton facilities right up there. At Stoke hand to change at the ground and then drive to training ground, then drive park wet and dirty in car to shower and change. Now changed Stoke in the Prem.

Warknock complained that Cort didn't have enough red cards or scars on his face or a broken nose.

Unhappy time at Burnley. Brian Laws said "I bought you to score goals" to which LC said "I'm a centre half".

Playing for Guyana in the Azteca in Mexico highlight of career but won't be going back to South America for the Gold Cup as wants to play for Charlton.

Wilson injury not as bad as first thought. Wiggins and Fuller jogging again. Ricardo maybe ready in a few weeks. Yann working out in the gym a lot and is now huge.

That's all I can remember for now.

Next meeting now 12 December when should have a couple of players from the 1st game back at the Valley.
  • Options
    always good for us distance supporters to get feedback from your evenings with the playing staff - thanks Henry
  • Options
    Yann getting bigger is scary thought.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Henry for the feedback. Leon seems to confirm that poor old CP is going through the mill at the mo. but it's really heartening to hear the respect bit. I'm delighted that all the amazing effort put in by the drummers and Covered End had such an effect on the squad. Proper proud night that was.
  • Options
    thanks for the update - LC sounds a decent chap.
  • Options
    He came over very well. Thoughtful, articulate and funny. Represented the club well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Henry for the feedback, it makes interesting reading. I especially like the practice of older players mentoring a youngster. From your comments Leon comes over as a thoughtful, intelligent guy the sort CP can rely on while we're going through this sticky patch.
  • Options
    I went to the meeting last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Leon Cort was interesting and very handsome.
  • Options

Thanks Henry for the feedback, it makes interesting reading. I especially like the practice of older players mentoring a youngster. From your comments Leon comes over as a thoughtful, intelligent guy the sort CP can rely on while we're going through this sticky patch.

This and thanks from me too. Sounds a great guy.

• Options
    Nice read.

Big Yannnnnnn, Big Bad Yann!

• Options
    Thanks for the update Henry. Like Cort a lot and sounds like an intelligent, articulate guy.

I assume Brian Laws thought he'd signed Carl Cort then!! ;-)
  • Options
    Mosscat said:

I went to the meeting last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Leon Cort was interesting and very handsome.

So...we now know LC's user name here on CL.

• Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write this, Henry.

It's much appreciated.

• Options
    Thanks for that Henry
  • Options
    did Jordan Cook not say anything ????????
  • Options
    He had manflu so wasn't there, with regret.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    probably why he missed the Cardiff game