Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carl Jenkinson

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
Big piece in the Mirror by John Cross on the emergence of him as a major talent.It stated that he was signed as cover for Sagna.How difficult would it have been to mention signed from Charlton as cover.I thought journalism was supposed to be informative.

Comments

• Options
    Journalism? Daily Mirror?

What's that got to do with being informative....?

;o)
  • Options
    Must admit has improved a lot under Wenger and his coaches
  • Options
    Lucky73 said:

What do you expect though. He was extremely young when he broke into our team. He is that much older now. Clearly Wenger could spot his ability better than many on here.

• Options
    Solly's still better.
  • Options
    Would you notice the lack of information about where a young player had been signed from if he wasn't a charlton player?
    And please lets not have the Solly V Jenkinson debate again. One is a player for us the other is not. We will not be able to rationally debate this issue until both have moved on.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    DRF said:

One is a player for us the other is not. We will not be able to rationally debate this issue until both have moved on.

or Jenkinson comes back?
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

DRF said:

One is a player for us the other is not. We will not be able to rationally debate this issue until both have moved on.

or Jenkinson comes back?
    Good point, lets wait for that.
  • Options
    IF Jenkinson gets clearance to play for England, he'll join Shelvey in the squad. Two sold for the price of a reserve midfielder when we needed the money. On a different note, Osman of Everton is in the England squad. A well deserved if five years too late call up.
  • Options
    Glad I paid my tenner every month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

Glad I paid my tenner every month.

To be fair masicat as frustrating and gutting as it is when we see our starlets move on the sad reality is the dosh probably has kept us afloat.
  • Options
    We've now got three former youth in the cafc squad or that are regulars Parker, Shelvey and Jenkinson.. How many do palace have from their world famous academy?
  • Options
    Dont forget Defoe *spits*
  • Options

We've now got three former youth in the cafc squad or that are regulars Parker, Shelvey and Jenkinson.. How many do palace have from their world famous academy?

Add Defoe to that list too.
  • Options
    wouldnt class Shelvey and Jenkinson regular...
  • Options
    I must be the only person in the country who doesn't get it with Jenkinson. Even allowing for his age I thought he was average for us and he looks even more average for arsenal. Then again I know sod all about football...........

Shelvey attracting a lot of negative comments from Liverpool fans on TalkShyte this morning.

Agree with the comment earlier about Osman. Richly deserved.
  • Options
    Jenkinson had a great start to the season with Arsenal.

I think Shelvey is extremely talented, but because he's still young he's not consistent. Liverpool want everything now now now, so probably why their fans are now moaning.
  • Options

Solly's still better.

I wish
  • Options

Lucky73 said:

Clearly Wenger could spot his ability better than many on here.

My nan could do that :-)
  • Options
    Just signed a long-term deal for the Gunners. Good for him. Liked him and wish him well.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20788025
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now supposedly on 35k a week, he's not done bad!
  • Options
    If Sagna hadn't got injured I was sure we'd be coming up against him this season against a Champ club. Incredible rise - fair play to the lad. All for the club you support as well.
  • Options
    Yeah fair play but I still don't think he's as good as some people think. Solly over Jenkinson anyday .
  • Options
    Both have done well to make the step up into the PL but time will tell whether they are of the top-drawer calibre that both Liverpool and Arsenal will need to challenge for the title. Obviously both extremely talented but will need to kick on quickly at those clubs.
  • Options
    Fair play to the boy but I'm afraid I just don't see hwy the fuss is all about. But I know nothing about football........
  • Options
    I think he's been top notch for Arsenal. He was in the squad for quite a few weeks at the beginning of the season, when they kept a number of clean sheets, and he fitted in well. He's made huge progress and I think would be able to play for most lower-mid table Prem sides. As would Solly for that matter.
  • Options
    Sam Allardyce is trying to sign Arsenal full-back Carl Jenkinson.

• Options
    Would we get any money out of this?
  • Options
    He might as well move. The Woolwich Club have just signed Debuchy from Newcastle at right back, so he's no closer to getting off the bench.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Would we get any money out of this?

Should we? Yes

Will we? Who knows but my guess is will would have a clause that we get a slice of any PROFIT on the sale but that assumes he is sold for more than Arsenal paid.