Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you had £8 million

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
After yesterdays performance would you spend it on Jordan Rhodes?

And if you could only afford wages, would you sign Murphy? Blackburn suggesting replacing Murphy with a dustbin or traffic cone

Comments

• I wouldn't spend it on him in a million years, he won't ever repeat the feat again, and will struggle to top 20 a season for the rest of his career
  • The answer is no. He'd look a bit silly just sitting around my house.
  • Championship player at best for me, and certainly not worth anywhere near that figure. £2m max for me............................
  • I think he'll score goals in this division but he was up against an inspired centre half pairing in Morro and CC
  • Blackburn will do a Charlton either finish just outside the playoffs or not even make them .... Then next year drop like a stone as the Indians realise they are ruined ...

They will either drop to league one or be THE most expensive and highest wage billed mid champ club in history ...
  • No chance. Incredible waste of money.
  • The bloke is a quality finisher but as proved yesterday if you stop the crosses/chances coming in, he won't score. Simple game.
  • If I had £8m, I'd not invest any of it in football unless it was a do or die bid to stop Charlton going under. £8m isn't a serious enough wedge to transform the club and there's no surer way to blow you cash than playing at football manager.
  • Stig said:

If I had £8m, I'd not invest any of it in football unless it was a do or die bid to stop Charlton going under. £8m isn't a serious enough wedge to transform the club and there's no surer way to blow you cash than playing at football manager.

Not even a box at the ground?
  • Spend it on football ! Friends and family first not forgetting a slap up meal at Mrs. Miggins pie shoppe.
  • Sponsored links:

• The evidence suggests he never plays well at The Valley so probably not the best signing for us....
  • edited September 2012
    Jelavic cost Everton £5M. We seem to well and truly have Rhodes number as we've restricted him to 1 goal from a penalty and about 2 shots in 3 games. I believe we have one of the best centre back pairings in the Championship let alone League 1 so it maybe isn't surprising but it doesn't bode well for his ability to step up to the Premiership one day. £8M was never going to be value for money imho, and will end up being his highest transfer fee. He's the new Jermain Beckford.
  • edited September 2012
    Kap10 said:

Stig said:

If I had £8m, I'd not invest any of it in football unless it was a do or die bid to stop Charlton going under. £8m isn't a serious enough wedge to transform the club and there's no surer way to blow you cash than playing at football manager.

Not even a box at the ground?
    I'd be too busy on exotic holidays to go anywhere near the ground for a few years. Maybe when I get bored of cruising ;-)
  • edited September 2012
    What a waste of money, he looked no where near 1 mill yesterday and Morro and Cort kept him out the entire game.
  • @Stig - with your mate George Michael ;o)
  • Our centre backs had him in their pockets at Huddersfield last season.He took a good penalty though.
  • Of course ;-)
  • Michu was only 2 million and probably a lot less in wages.
    I'd pocket the rest as my agents fees.
  • He is quality. He just didn't get the service yesterday. He had one header that went wide but if he gets the chances he will bang them in.
  • he is still learning. lot of money but i'm not wrriting him off yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2012
    The way the Greek economy is going I could spend my 8m to buy Rhodes.
  • edited October 2012
    Throw a big party for all you guys and girls...free booze the lot.
  • He clearly hasn't playerd well in either game at the Valley, BUT has done very well elsewhere, so it's silly to write him off, I think he's got 3 goals already this season