Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blindsman of the valley...

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
In the last 3 games at home the linesman has cost us a total of 5 points based on results. Getting annoying now, every point is precious.

Legit Kermorgant vs hull goal ruled out

Bwp vs palace ruled out for offside when onside.

Etuhu goal today was offside and it counted

There's not a lot to be said but I expect us to get a turn in fortune with more luck on our side as these things happen in football even when unjust.

Comments

• Options
    think we may need to look at the TV evidence today. Could have been level.
  • Options
    Sit in the east opposite the tunnel...personally I thought the bloke was just onside, and the keeper just kept the ball from crossing the line....based on one viewing tho, maybe the TV will prove otherwise.
  • Options
    It got confirmed on SSN that it should have been given offside. Suppose will find out on football league show anyway.
  • Options
    I sit in the NW Quadrant. Etuhu, for me, was onside. For our 'goal', I think that it crossed the line. So 1 right and 1 wrong.
  • Options
    will wait to see replays as its hard to judge from upper north but their goal did look offside
    even more dodgy was our 'goal' not given, looked like that crossed the line to me
  • Options
    I missed the goal-line one so can't comment. This could be a double whammy!
  • Options
    Level with the 18 yard line and looked clearly offside. Not sure about our 'goal' but tbh I think Robinson kept it out (just) - like to see both again
  • Options
    Whether it corssed the line I don't know but wasn't a free kick awarded in any case so it would've been disallowed?

Keep going close late on, we certainly haven't been lucky with decisions so far hopefully it'll even out over the season
  • Options
    Green was done for a textbook shoulder to shoulder in the first half, and one of their blokes for a textbook shoulder to shoulder in the second (on BWP I think)...was i the only one to think the ref got those wrong and his interpretation of what is a legit shoulder charge wrong?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Green was done for a textbook shoulder to shoulder in the first half, and one of their blokes for a textbook shoulder to shoulder in the second (on BWP I think)...was i the only one to think the ref got those wrong and his interpretation of what is a legit shoulder charge wrong?

Dunn gave away the foul for the shoulder charge but to be fair he is a bit of a unit compared to BWP so didn't have to put too much effort to shoulder barge Bradders out the way!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    SSN showed their goal but the angle was not good to judge, but if I had to make a judgement on that I would say it was ok.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Whether it corssed the line I don't know but wasn't a free kick awarded in any case so it would've been disallowed?

Keep going close late on, we certainly haven't been lucky with decisions so far hopefully it'll even out over the season

There was a free kick awarded yes.

The question is, was it awarded before or after the ball did or didn't cross the line?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The question is, was it awarded before or after the ball did or didn't cross the line?
    I don't think he gave a free kick - thought it was just a goal kick.
  • Options
    Was in line, it didn't cross the line.
  • Options

Was in line, it didn't cross the line.

There you go then, God has spoken.

I didn't have a particularly good view of it, but didn't think it was in at the time either.

Personally I always find it hilarious when the covered End start going crackers over an offside or "was it over the line?" decision. Get a good view of these things up there do they?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

I don't think he gave a free kick - thought it was just a goal kick.
    We all thought it was a free kick at the time. Might be wrong though....
  • Options
    My first reaction was both went against us and both were wrong. Thought Robinson was in the back of the net quite far to make me think the ball must have crossed the line
  • Options
    Veeery much looked like the ball was over the line when sitting in the north lower block C (i.e.) just behind the goal. That said the lino would have to be 100% sure the ball was completely over the line and from his angle it may be he could not have that total conviction and thus could not give it. Offside call I think was tight but he got right (sadly.)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Veeery much looked like the ball was over the line when sitting in the north lower block C (i.e.) just behind the goal. That said the lino would have to be 100% sure the ball was completely over the line and from his angle it may be he could not have that total conviction and thus could not give it. Offside call I think was tight but he got right (sadly.)

it just goes to show how hard it is for the lino to get it right, i thought their goal was offside & the ball was not over the line.
  • Options
    I agree HV, during the game I am of course as hot-blooded and passionate as the next fan and call the officials several naughty names in the heat of the moment. Hours later and with my 'fair and impartial' cap on I admit none of them have the easiest job and what looks obvious to us is not so much to them, not to mention what can be honest, innocent mistakes can cost either team a lot. I doubt any referee ever consciously sets out to favour one team over another (Mangerial mindgames/atmospher & crowd intimidation aside).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It looked over the lime from the unobstucted, perfect view I get from h block north upper....

As did ethuhu look offside for their goal

As did our penalty look soft

• Options
    FLShow is terrible. They don't know what a highlight is.
  • Options
    Seems the blindsmen were much worse at Turf Moor today. Shocking decision to rule out Burnley's third goal.
  • Options
    Remember, the whole ball has to cross the line- not most of it. I think most of it crossed but it didn't fully go over so have no complaints. Recently went on a linesman course run by my son's Sunday team. The trainer put some balls in varying places around the line and it was amazing that some of the coaches called the in outs wrong. Some thought if you could see grass between the ball and line it is over but that isn't the rule- you have to imagine a laser shooting up from the edge of the line - if that laser touches the ball, it isn't over. We have been done by some poor assistant ref calls this season but I don't think that was one of them.

Agree ref missed a good advantage and a couple of fouls he gave - one for us and one for them were not but overall he had a good game IMO. And I am normally very critical of officials.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Off it said :- Personally I always find it hilarious when the covered End start going crackers over an offside or "was it over the line?" decision. Get a good view of these things up there do they?

It's called trying to influence the ref. I think you'll find there was about 75,000 doing it at Old Trafford yesterday.
  • Options
    Thought Ethuhu was offside.

Thought the ball didn't cross the line.

Thought it was a definite penalty.
  • Options
    Didn't think it was offside, think Solly just got the wrong side of Ethuhu. Didn't think the ball crossed the line either but only thought that because luck wasn't on our side.
  • Options
    Having looked at it and running it in slow motion it pains me to say I think Ethuhu was just narrowly on side and level when the pass was made.
  • Options
    Another minor point perhaps, but haven't seen it mentioned. Robinson takes a full 3 steps forward before Jacko strikes his penalty. Remember they had a real crackdown on this a few years back. Officials seem to have forgotten all about it now. It was blindingly obvious!
  • Options

Another minor point perhaps, but haven't seen it mentioned. Robinson takes a full 3 steps forward before Jacko strikes his penalty. Remember they had a real crackdown on this a few years back. Officials seem to have forgotten all about it now. It was blindingly obvious!

And Givet sprinted into the box from deep in his half as JJ was preparing to kick. Was nearly standing beside him as he struck it.