Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PES13

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
I noticed a thread on the new FIFA game earlier and was just wondering if any of you actually preferred the PES series instead? Personally I have been loyal to PES for some time now and my wife and I often enjoy pitting our skills against each other over a bottle of wine or two when the kids are in bed (its a nice way to relax after a long day).

I know that the fact that many of the clubs are unregistered is a bit of a pain but they have a pretty decent editing mechanism and having seen the job FIFA12 has done on the Charlton team (only 2-3 of which I actually recognized) I'm pretty sure I could do a better job.

Anyway I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    I love PES, always have done. This years is the best for a long time. I've tried to get into FIFA but it's just not the same - I suspect once you're really used to one it's hard to switch over anyway.
  • Options
    I've been playing the new version of PES for the past couple of weeks, it's a great game.
    The last few years I've been forced in to playing FIFA as that's what my pals play. Gameplay wise, I think PES is far superior. The club naming rights are a pain in the bott tbough.
  • Options
    Always used to get both and always preferred Pro Evo, until about 3 years ago when FIFA 'overtook' it. Last year I only got FIFA and think I'll only be getting FIFA this year too. But just while i've been typing this I think i've decided to get PES, haha, just talking about it has made me want to play.

Also, was it just me that always struggled in a 3 star cup? I could easily win at 4 star level and could often win 5 star too but think I only ever won at 3 star once despite trying hundreds of times. Strange
  • Options
    Have loved the pro evo series since ps1 and used to always play mini tournaments round mates houses, was always superior to fifa in our eyes. Have tried various versions of FIFA since and it never quite has that same slickness and real football feel that pes has. IMO fifa is geared towards sky sports arm chair fans with all the bells and whistles while pes is geared towards football fantatics. Would love to give fellow charlton fans a few games once I get round to purchasing the new release!
  • Options
    from the little gaming experience i have it seemed PES had the better goals. FIFA was just the same side slot everytime but PES you could score from all over and it looked real.
  • Options
    I think Leaburn's Daddy is spot on, it's the game for football fanatics.

I just can't get into FIFA - in fact I even find the matches boring. I think that the last couple of versions of PES have been back on form, and I'm looking forward to playing the new one. Sounds like it's good!
  • Options
    Not played PES for a few years , can you play online against other people?
  • Options
    Yes you can. Prefer Pro to Fifa
  • Options
    Cheers Dizz.
  • Options
    Merseyside red vs teeside, nah think I will give it a miss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does the latest PES still have the 1 player career mode in it, as it did 3 years ago (the last one I bought)?

Found it much better than the FIFA career and you could go on to become an international, something FIFA doesn't have............
  • Options
    Download the patch, I've got charlton on my game. Pro is far superior to the cartoon nonsense that is Fifa.
  • Options
    PES is amazing this year for me... Totally addicted to master League online...
  • Options
    pes is for the purists. better gameplay and more realistic beats any shirt sponsor for me.
  • Options
    You can get it licensed online and off in 30 mins
  • Options
    The good bits on one aren't on the other it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, I will get FIFA those as mates have it.
  • Options

Download the patch, I've got charlton on my game. Pro is far superior to the cartoon nonsense that is Fifa.

I googled for option files and only came up with ones that had problems or no Charlton... Anybody got a link for a working option file, with Charlton on it...?

• Options
    There's usually loads on Neoseeker. I bought both last year and I'm a massive Pro Evo fan, but FIFA has had the edge for the last couple of years. I've played this year's FIFA demo and have yet to play the PES one, but it's going to have a lot to live up to.
  • Options
    joeaddick said:

I googled for option files and only came up with ones that had problems or no Charlton... Anybody got a link for a working option file, with Charlton on it...?

There you go buddy: http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2012/10/xbox-360-pes-2013-option-file-daymos-ope-v1.5-v2.html
  • Options
    Winning eleven next gen blog has a blinding option file for PS3 with charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Cheers charlton_hero, Thanks for the info, but I should have mentioned it before. I need it for PS3.
    mascot 88, do you have a link for the actual option file download...?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Cheers mascot88... This is one of the option files I found, but it stated "freezing" problems...
    Have you experienced any problems with it...?
  • Options
    Check out the forums ... And comments ...

Unfortunately I can't really help as I only play Master League Online ... So for me the scope of teams kits Ive play against is probably 20 in total so far...

But saying that so far I've not had any problems at all ...
  • Options
    That's the one... I had read this very long thread, about the problems with the option file.. Upshot of it all is, they say they're updating the file with a fix this week. http://www.winningelevenblog.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12969&sid=505559102c71b112361bf0092b633d49
  • Options
    Good news...
  • Options
    Love it, purchased the game last week and all you need is a quick option file like the one above and the team names and kits are correct, plus helps avoid the hollow but flashy feel of Fifa.
  • Options
    Anyone else on pc that fancys a game?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Cheers chartlon_hero, but that looks like it suffers with same problems as well...

http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=783