Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I am fussy about the colour of my condoms. Are you?

Let me explain for those unfamiliar with Thailand. Bottles of beer are usually served in polystyrene containers with coloured tape around them - these are called condoms. My first beer tonight came in yellow and blue hoops, followed by green and white hoops - Celtic. Beer 3 has came in blue and white hoops - QPR. However, beer 4 has just arrived in red and blue. I have sent it back. Am I being unreasonable? Strangely, you rarely see red and white, but it's comforting when you do.

Comments

• sigh expected so much after that title :)
  • In Australia they are called Stubby Holders.
  • Fancy some Singha or Chang now grrr.
  • Or a bucket of Thai Whisky and diet coke.
  • Current beer is blue and black - which clubs have worn blue and black as change strip?
  • Current beer is blue and black - which clubs have worn blue and black as change strip?

Charlton
  • Let me explain for those unfamiliar with Thailand. Bottles of beer are usually served in polystyrene containers with coloured tape around them - these are called condoms. My first beer tonight came in yellow and blue hoops, followed by green and white hoops - Celtic. Beer 3 has came in blue and white hoops - QPR. However, beer 4 has just arrived in red and blue. I have sent it back. Am I being unreasonable? Strangely, you rarely see red and white, but it's comforting when you do.

Totally onboard there fella ! Anything that is red and blue is not fit for purpose!
  • what beer you drinking ?
  • Didn't we have black and blue when we had the Inter Milan connection?
  • MrOneLung said:

what beer you drinking ?

On the Singha when I posted. Now switched to SML (San Miguel Light). Back in UK on Monday - pint of Harveys (preferably in a red and white condom)
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it you are bored stiff!
  • I take it you are bored stiff!

Just want to cover all eventualities

• Don't like Singha, which is a shame as some guests have just checked out leaving a dozen cans in the fridge.

SML, no thanks.

Chang, Leo or Tiger for me, though spotted bottles of Fullers' London Pride in Makro the other day, unfortunately at 3 in the afternoon when legally you can't buy alcohol. Bloody stupid law.

As for beer condoms, I must be getting old as these days I prefer a glass.
  • Don't like Singha, which is a shame as some guests have just checked out leaving a dozen cans in the fridge.

SML, no thanks.

Chang, Leo or Tiger for me, though spotted bottles of Fullers' London Pride in Makro the other day, unfortunately at 3 in the afternoon when legally you can't buy alcohol. Bloody stupid law.

As for beer condoms, I must be getting old as these days I prefer a glass.

That's strange - I really don't like Chang and Leo. Tiger is OK, but I get a bit bored with it after more than a couple. I must admit though that my preference changes over time.

You drink out of a glass? How does that work? Do they pour the beer into a glass?
  • I ask for a kaew. It works. I'm not good with fizzy beer, being a real ale man back home, and I find the glass takes some of the gas away.
  • I ask for a kaew. It works. I'm not good with fizzy beer, being a real ale man back home, and I find the glass takes some of the gas away.

Yes, I'm a real ale drinker, so I have no big preference. Whatever happened to Kloster?
  • Kloster? Yuk. Disappeared around eight years ago, I think.

I also met a guy recently who has the contract to import Hobgoblin ales from the UK. Waiting for FDA approval. So we may have another bottled choice soon.
  • I'd be more concerned with the colour of my old man after a couple of days, specially in Bangkok !
  • edited September 2012

...spotted bottles of Fullers' London Pride in Makro the other day, unfortunately at 3 in the afternoon when legally you can't buy alcohol. Bloody stupid law.

Used to hate that, when we had that law. You'd walk around the supermarket and there'd be whole aisles blocked off. Kids of today, don't know they're born do they.
  • My uncle once told me he liked using glow in the dark condoms. Once the deed was done you could then use it as a light and read your book.