Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal v Chelsea.

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Cheapest ticket wait for it £62.00 a pop.Great value for money.

Comments

• buy four tickets and thats the total cost of my season ticket
  • 0-0 written all over it aswell
  • Arsenal had over 58,000 last night for a game against the mighty Coventry .. they can ask silly money for tickets and people will pay it .. a bit like the opera or hard to get West End theatre tickets .. it's become fashionable and snobbish to watch the big clubs, especially in London
  • arsenal's carling cup ticket scheme is one of the best in the country! unlike united who charge high prices and have 30,000 empty seats arsenal do family tickets for 20quid thats why their carling cup games are always rammed
  • Shit atmosphere guaranteed as well.
  • Arsenal had over 58,000 last night for a game against the mighty Coventry .. they can ask silly money for tickets and people will pay it .. a bit like the opera or hard to get West End theatre tickets .. it's become fashionable and snobbish to watch the big clubs, especially in London

It was a tenner last night, but I know what you mean

• £62 for Arsenal v Chelsea compares pretty well IMO with £40 for Ipswich v Charlton
  • Don't care. Most of their fans are plastic. Always hated the Arse and Chelski have moved on from being a proper club like they were.
    I doubt many of the Shed end bother turning up any more.
  • edited September 2012
    8k(ish) of coventry at arsenal the other night, not bad for a third tier club in a midweek away trip in the poxy league cup
    Prolly all from london so doesn't count
  • My mate just brought 3 tickets for spurs v chelsea for 80 quid each plus booking fees. Thie tickets were brought from the club itself not 3rd party.
  • Sponsored links:

• supply and demand

someones gotta pay for these ridiculous salaries
  • edited September 2012

supply and demand

someones gotta pay for these ridiculous salaries

I take your point but when I have to start paying those prices, that's when I stop going. £25 is reasonable in this day and age so hats off to all of those clubs who keep it real. Get the corporates to pay for the inflated salaries
  • I wonder what we'd be charging if we got back to the prem ?
  • Addick90 said:

arsenal's carling cup ticket scheme is one of the best in the country! unlike united who charge high prices and have 30,000 empty seats arsenal do family tickets for 20quid thats why their carling cup games are always rammed

that's interesting
  • you only have to talk to any QPR fan to realise how much it would cost us if we went up.We didnt charge enough last time we were in the prem div thats one of the reasons we got into debt,we know the other reasons
  • doronron said:

you only have to talk to any QPR fan to realise how much it would cost us if we went up.We didnt charge enough last time we were in the prem div thats one of the reasons we got into debt,we know the other reasons

Another £20 per adult ticket would return about £400k a match if we sold out. Chicken feed in the Premiership.

Paying punters don't pay the wages.
  • Addickted said:

doronron said:

you only have to talk to any QPR fan to realise how much it would cost us if we went up.We didnt charge enough last time we were in the prem div thats one of the reasons we got into debt,we know the other reasons

Another £20 per adult ticket would return about £400k a match if we sold out. Chicken feed in the Premiership.

I think the prices would be between £45 - £50 if we go up.
  • Would be with this lot in charge.
  • Addickted said:

doronron said:

That's an extra £8m a year, hardly chicken feed !
  • Don't care. Most of their fans are plastic. Always hated the Arse and Chelski have moved on from being a proper club like they were.
    I doubt many of the Shed end bother turning up any more.

At the risk of getting crucified on here I have strong links to Arsenal as well as CAFC. Spent a lot of time (and money!) following Arsenal over the years, including many European trips (pre Emirates), but also have deep rooted strong family (Plumstead) links to CAFC. But as the post above by Absurdistan says, Arsenal have moved on from being a proper club! It was the move from Highbury that did it for me. Whilst the Emirates may look the part, it is a soulless vacuum with nothing but a corporate feel for it. I got sick of being ripped off and conned quite frankly; so, as my youngest son got older decided to revert back to a real club who do actually give a toss about their fans.

I get more of a kick out of going to the Valley and the away trips (Birmingham and Ipswich so far, Wolves next), than I ever did out of getting ripped off at the Emirates. I guess CAFC was always there deep down anyway and it makes me well happy to see my 15 year old boy proudly walk around Norwich (ended up there with work initially) wearing his CAFC shirt. And even more importantly, he has resisted the temptation of jumping on the Premier League bandwagon with his mates.

May seem a strange post(?), having allegiances to two clubs. But then again, I was brought up in Ashford (Kent) before joining the RAF many years ago and I still look out for them as well so it is possible I guess.

Play off final is still my best ever football experience (although Oldham away last season comes close!!), and that includes Arsenal's 0-1 victory in Madrid in 2006.