Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vitesse Arnhem kit tribute to RAF/Pegasus Bridge fallen

Comments

• Options
    special
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Fantastic. What else can you say? Words are not enough!

Just a correction Arnhem was Holland 17/9/44, Peggy Bridge was France on D-Day, not being pedantic, I just thought it was worth mentioning.
  • Options
    Nice touch.
  • Options
    That is pretty special
  • Options
    Fabulous tribute .. even after all these years the Dutch maintain huge respect for what the Allies did during WW2
  • Options
    thats superb
  • Options
    I read somewhere that the local school children are given a specific grave site of one of the war dead, and its their responsibility to maintain and look after that particular gravestone etc, incredible.
  • Options
    that's an amazing tribute. Remember reading about Pegasus Bridge in complete awe...proper heroes to a man!
  • Options
    Fantastic, well played Vitesse. Really brought a lump to my throat.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Fantastic, well played Vitesse. Really brought a lump to my throat.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Myself and other family members do an annual trip to europetrying to cover where my Grandad went in the 2nd world war . We have been to Holland a few times now and we actually did Arnhem earlier this year . I must say when we speak to the dutch people , old or young , they are so thankful for what the British did for them during that time .

What a nice touch that is
  • Options
    That is brilliant, wonderful tribute.
  • Options
    The Dutch are a great people and this shows their class. Excellent stuff.

As for the veterans....heroes, every one.
  • Options
    Want one
  • Options
    I had 2 uncles captured at Arnhem, amazingly they where twins and both only 16, few years ago there was a large article in one of the papers about them, learnt a lot.

Smashing tribute to some very brave men.
  • Options

I had 2 uncles captured at Arnhem, amazingly they where twins and both only 16, few years ago there was a large article in one of the papers about them, learnt a lot.

Smashing tribute to some very brave men.

Just 16, not old enough to vote or have a drink, but old enough for the Paras .. remarkable
  • Options
    Not old enough to fight either and definitely not old enough for the para's conned their way in using false documents, amazing they both survived the war as well and the welcome home from their mum. We always thought it was a bit of family folk law until the article appeared on think on the 60th anniversary.
  • Options
    Pure class. Well done. Can't imagine any of our clubs even thinking of it let alone doing it.
  • Options

Pure class. Well done. Can't imagine any of our clubs even thinking of it let alone doing it.

Cannot agree more.

• Options
    like that a lot, well done them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is bloody lovely.
    I am adopting Vitesse as my Dutch team now.
  • Options
    When I saw the first pic with no players in it, I thought they'd surpassed themselves with the camouflage.

Very nice touch.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

That is bloody lovely.
    I am adopting Vitesse as my Dutch team now.

Likewise - both my grandad and my great uncle went in on a glider, they both survived (and both supported Millwall!)
  • Options
    Anyone know if you can buy one of these?
  • Options
    My great grandad fought in Operation Market Garden and was one of the many trying to hold Arnhem Bridge. As we all know, our forces got cut off and we had to surrender. My great grandfather evaded capture by hiding in the loft of a Dutch family who shelterd him and a few others from the Nazis. The Dutch family gave my great grand father food and drink, all the while knowing they would face certain death if they were caught. They remained friends after the war, often visiting each other.
  • Options
    Eisenhour " the heroic stand has inspired me so much as the nine days 1st British Air Bourne Brigade fought in Operation Market Garden"

8,000 never came home ----- Lest we Forget ( the Dutch dont)

• Options
    Greenie said:

Fantastic. What else can you say? Words are not enough!

Just a correction Arnhem was Holland 17/9/44, Peggy Bridge was France on D-Day, not being pedantic, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

My immediate reaction as well. But well done Vitesse. Those Market-Garden vets must be knocking on a bit - even those who were only 16 at the time. Well done and congratulations to them, too, for being able to make the trip.
  • Options
    is it just me that thinks the team picture looks photshopped and superimposed :/
  • Options
    Amazing

Is there entire website in English ?