Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alonso's goal last night

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
anyone know if its on the web anywhere??

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I wouldn't worry about it.

It was a speculative punt that the keeper had covered till he fell over.
  • What was the goalie doing ffs! What a clown. Was that Given in goal or what?? I cant believe he would do a clanger like that! lol
  • Nah, it was the other guy - Given's injured, and will probably be out for our trip up there.
  • Well that explains it then eh inspector. What a touch that Given is out for the Jawdee game.
  • Speculative punt - Give the bloke credit - that was never speculative.

ok kEEPER WOULD HAVE SAVED IF HE HADN'T SLIPPED BUT ALL THE SAME/
  • Yeah arf i agree, if ya dont shoot ya dont score eh. Still a good goal.
  • The 'speculative' was a bit flippant I'll agree, but I would never class someone scoring from halfway as a great goal because there is no way a keeper should get beaten from that range if he is doing his job properly.
  • Dont agree there. You cant expect a keeper to be stuck on his line. If a ball came over the top & the keeper wasnt say on the edge of his box to come & meet it then you could also say he's not doing his job. You cant expect someone to shoot from inside their own half really can ya? Balls looping over the keeper like that are very difficult to judge, you cant say Beckhams goal against Wimbledon wasnt great? Surely?
    However, poor effort from Alonso considering, unfortunate the keeper slipped really cause always had it covered. Poor bloke, haha
  • Sponsored links:

• If you click on "alonso" in the top right corner, it brings up the Good v Evil Nike ad from a few years back.

If you've never seen it, take a look. It's quality!
  • It was Steve Harper, Given was injured.