Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Only 12k at both Palarse and Millwall today ...

... and Brighton looked like they had the bottom tier too, so must've brought some numbers.

As the legend that is nolly would say, "discuss".

Comments

• Horrible weather
  • And they had the cheek to sing about our attendance on the Friday night!

We drew bigger crowds in the division below, even when we were properly crap we had 14k turning up, says it all
  • To be fair there are only 13 more saturdays before Christmas
  • IMO
    Palace are a club on the up
    Millwall are a club possibly on the slide
    Really not sure what we are at the moment
  • 12k for a club "on the up" is even worse then.
  • 'on the up' in the sense of trying to look 2-3 years down the line
  • Palace have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 4 games, beating us Cardiff and sheff wed.

At the moment attendance numbers is all we have!
  • Who would you rather be though:-)
  • As long as we have Airman we'll always have the superior "home" support numbers wise than them two ............
  • Fair enough, if people want to turn a light-hearted thread poking fun at our neighbours into (another) doom and gloom thread about our (possible) current plight, when there are already so many to chose from, then so be it.

Sad.

• Sponsored links:

• 3,000 brighton
  • The reason we have better home numbers is due to the incredible foresight of some of our staff members (airman included ) who have targeted areas of support with great initiatives that have clearly worked
    because I know if we went back to pre selhurst days palace had better "home" numbers than us
    It isn't because of the wonderful atmosphere and tremendous product that has been on display in the last few seasons
    Hope that explains things better and sorry if its too serious and sad for you

• A little stint in the Premier League didn't downy harm either.
  • cblock said:

Who would you rather be though:-)

Charlton.

• Got to admit that is pretty pi55 poor.
  • Attendance numbers are down at other grounds as well, take away The Brighton fans today and Millwall probably getting about 9/10k which is not good but they do charge £29 for some tickets, it's way too expensive, Middlesborough and Blackburn had 12k during the week thats not good either. Plenty of empty seats at Ipswich today as well.
    Good to see Charlton offering tickets for a fiver, Maybe other clubs will start looking at ways of selling more tickets.
  • Tinpot nobodies, they aint a patch on us as a club. Number 1 in South London. There we go, someone had to say it.
  • But you could also argue that they have a greater percentage of 'proper' fans that go their games than we do.

For instance they both can take a higher percentage of their home crowds to away games, so while their overall attendances are lower than us, i really don't think there is much between all 3 of us when it comes to the hardcore support.
  • sam3110 said:

And they had the cheeked to sing about our attendance on the Friday night!

We drew bigger crowds in the division below, even when we were properly crap we had 14k turning up, says it all

What did they sing? I could barely hear them on Friday.
  • We the bigger club.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2012

sam3110 said:

your support is flipping poop.

Their mums forbade any nawty language
  • edited September 2012

• edited September 2012
    I recall in the 70s and 80s that Millwall and Palace did indeed have higher crowds than us. Initiatives and success on the pitch played a big part in elevating us above them. Airman must take a lot of credit - so it is difficult commenting on this thread without mentioning him - remember target 10,000 - it's good to think about that sometimes- ten bloody thousand!!!! What has been impressive is that the support has stood up as well as it has in what has been a terrible few years since relegation from the premiership and I'm condifent he has played his part in that. I think that if we start to push at the higher end of the table and don't get silly with pricing, we will get a lot of the fans we lost back.

It would be wrong not to congratulate and praise Airman's part in this. I am/was of the view that as an employee, he shouldn't have made some of the posts he did on here - although he didn't start any rumours, he may have fuelled the flames a little. I can understand why he did with feelings running high, but we need his skills within the club doing the job he is paid to do. Whilst he seems to be a political person by nature, he also turned out to be, perhaps surprisingly but without question, the best at his job the club has ever had.

I hope the current board realise that it is in everybody's interests to resolve this. Give him a slap on the wrists, but have him doing what he has done so well for us over the years.
  • sam3110 said:

Then you're either deaf or weren't there. Hate to say it, but there we are.
  • To be fair in the North upper you couldn't hear them until they scored! Well i couldnt/didnt. But I've mates who were in the west upper about half way down who certainly could here the rotten colored stripey weasel dicked muppets! Two of my work gaffers were there, with one of our customers (one gaffer is cafc, the other is Westham customer is a plastic palace) and westh boss said the palace was loud and raucous! I called him a bumber for that!
  • Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

Then you're either deaf or weren't there. Hate to say it, but there we are.
    As MCS said, they were loud at the start of the game and after they scored. Other than that they weren't very loud. I don't think all of the crowd join in with the ultra songs.
  • I'm on halfway line and thought they made a decent noise, though of course taking and holding a lead makes a big difference. TBF 3000 away fans would be expected to ousting a home crowd at most grounds.
  • It was hard to hear them in the upper north 'cos of the constant stream of abuse being directed at them.