Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Being Liverpool Friday 21st Sep (Tonight) C5 9.0pm

Fly on the wall documentary series starts tonight.

Comments

• "Subsequent programmes are subject to delay, as a result of the minutes silence to mark the passing of each advert break"
  • Preview in The Times today suggests that some of of it is pretty cringeworthy, although Brendan Rodgers apparently comes across as enjoying the presence of the camera and being the focus of attention.
  • as long as it shows Gerrards wife im happy
  • Looking forward to this, though doubt anything will ever beat the qpr one
  • Its already showing in America. Rodgers does indeed seem to enjoy being in front of the camera, I thought it was quite a brave thing to do having just arrived at the club.

I also thought it was brave of him to do a tour of his house (the swimming pool is incredible) with all those thieving mickey mousers sure to be watching.

I was surprised by how involved he was on the training pitch and he seems to be really approachable.....
  • If you want to watch it now...

• cheers F O D ... tonight It clashes with the Blackburn v Boro game
  • "Subsequent programmes are subject to delay, as a result of the minutes silence to mark the passing of each advert break"

PMSL

• I enjoyed that .. I almost like the scousers now !!
  • If Rodgers doesn't do a John Sitton it ain't worth watching
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched it. Interesting. You've got to be a "big" man to manage a club of that stature.
  • Looking forward to this, though doubt anything will ever beat the qpr one

I'M VERY ANGRY!!!!
  • Rodgers's house !! .. I've visited smaller villages
  • Wow Rodgers really does loves the camera
  • Where's it gone?

Seriously my mates band have their song used , huge break for them.

No, not Van Susan's.
  • is this show the first "reality tv" show about english footballers? (reality being where the players/staff are followed around by cameras throughout the season) ?
  • its a curse in the NFL, that whichever teams gets the 'behind the scenes camera treatment' end up having a woeful season. most NFL teams/coaches actually bypass this tv option because all it does is bring bad fortune...

liverpool are currently winless, coincidence?
  • Was it me, or was Suarez even cheating at Monopoly?

I think these shows often end up showing how spot on they got it on The Office, there's so many potential David Brent-types whenever a camera appears.
  • I think we sometimes forgot how down to earth most footballers are.
    A lot come from backgrounds that us fans can relate to, and i think the money they're paid and the houses/cars they own often hide just how similar they may be.

• Sponsored links:

• I thought that was decent
  • Great choice of film afterwards.
  • Gutting missed the first 15 mins, thanks for posting a link to it as will catch up , looked a darn sight of a more polished performance than the QPR debacle, perhaps they learnt plenty of lessons?

Was nearly as good as the 'Fly on the wall' Charlton documentaries that have been posed recently :-0
  • Good too see a small part of a players medical (even if it was only 30 seconds).
  • edited September 2012

Rodgers's house !! .. I've visited smaller villages

It was nuts eh....and all the family there just to get on telly! And as for the swimming pool in the basement, jeez that wasn't a swimming pool, it was a work of art filled with water.
    Talking of art I thought Gerrards house looked like a contemporary gallery....marble floors, tables and big ornaments all over the place. Not bad for kickin a ball about ;P

• Didn't see it.
    Given a choice would probably rather watch Jonathan acorah Ackworth.
  • A corporate video for Liverpool FC, really. Some vaguely interesting behind the scenes shots but don't expect to see anything that doesn't show LFC in the best possible light.

It was nuts eh....and all the family there just to get on telly! And as for the swimming pool in the basement, jeez that wasn't a swimming pool, it was a work of art filled with water.
    Talking of art I thought Gerrards house looked like a contemporary gallery....marble floors, tables and big ornaments all over the place. Not bad for kickin a ball about ;P

The thing is though they made their money honestly. What ever one thinks about inflated wages for footballers etc, they haven't ripped off the public in insurance/stock selling/banking scams. I thought Gerrard came across as a very nice young man with a lovely and loving family, Rodgers as a clever somewhat over cocksure one .. but I think he's a good modern manager .. as the Bible sayeth .. 'the meek shall inherit the earth .. IF it's alright with you' !!!