Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parker

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Will he get the England call up after Maclaren watching him last night? It think it would be unjust if he didnt with Hargreaves out and the form he's in at the moment.

I was thinking the other day again why Ferguson never signed him as he was always an admirer. Would it be anything to do with fergie and curbs being pals and him not approving of parkers behaviour when leaving us. Unlikely i suppose.

Comments

• Options
    I know at the top of football there was concerns he would be too gung-ho to play international football, picking up too many cards or risking injury. May of been the thing holding him back.

I never thought i would, but i don't hate him anymore. In fact, i've gone into full reverse and hope he does really well.

has anyone else 'moved on' ?
  • Options
    aye i have. i always read newcastles reports to see how well he played. I will be very disappointed if he doesnt get a call up this time.
  • Options
    No problem at all with Parker. Thought he was the obvious choice for the holding role now occupied very well by Hargreaves. However, I would not hold my breath on this one, any manager that includes Downing in the team is not quite in touch with the modern game.
  • Options
    He acted badly at the time but his head was turned.

Definitely want to see one of our own doing it at the top level.

Murphy will get all my venom this year
  • Options
    big round of appluase for scott this year i hope
  • Options
    Scottie performed wonders while he was with us. It would be great to see him fulfil the great potential and ability he showed whilst with us.

On the other hand the bald scouse twat.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    I agree, i booed him once, that was enough, he needed to no how we felt about the situation, we let him no, and now lets move on. It is only for what he done for us is the reason we should put our hands together for him.

As curbit says, i always look out for his rating and am keen to see him doo well, as someone else mentions he is one of our own.

As for Murphy!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I know at the top of football there was concerns he would be too gung-ho to play international football, picking up too many cards or risking injury. May of been the thing holding him back.

I never thought i would, but i don't hate him anymore. In fact, i've gone into full reverse and hope he does really well.

has anyone else 'moved on' ?

Yep - feel exactly the same. I know he threw his toys out of the pram but he was a kid being offered a dream, it was unprofessional but he got stung by it all and seems to have grown up a lot since. He's a fantastic footballer to boot and never gave less than 100% for us whilst wearing the shirt.
  • Options
    I booed him last time and got it out of my system however I won't be applauding him either. As far as I'm concerned he's just another opposition player.

As an England fan, I would like to see him called up to the squad though.
  • Options
    i still consider him a Charlton player, in the way that Rob Lee was always an Addick even when he left.

The whole Chelsea thing was a mistake for him and part of our anger wasn't just his greed but that he'd done it right in the middle of our best ever season when we had a realistic chance of a UEFA cup place. That and the throwing the toys out the pram, refusing to play for the club anymore and acting like a spoilt brat. I appreciate that his so-called advisors were just out for money, but I could never square the way he acted with the way he played. In our hearts we all knew that going to Chelsea would hold back his career, not enhance it.

Those two seasons may have made him a rich man but probably cost him a few England caps. I know he was ill at the time of the WC (glandular fever) so probably wouldn't have made the squad but I just wonder if he had gone to a side that would have played him as a regular whether he'd have been on Erikkson's short list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He earnt alot of praise when he sincerely clapped the covered end after taking some stick after the barcodes match.

On form, he should definately should be called up to the squad and then it's down to him. He's got the bite in midfield we need

According to the Sun at the time, he actually had a pay rise when he went to Newcastle so, if it's true, it made him a richer man for longer than two years
  • Options
    Scottie should definitely got his chance in the holding role now Hargreaves is out.
    If you read the match reports, he's the star man for Newcastle week in week out.
    For a cockney to become captain up there is no mean feat either and shows what great form and consistency he must have shown since his move.

I cheered him at the Valley last season and will do the same this year.
  • Options
    For a cockney to become captain up there is no mean feat either

Didn't Rob Lee captain Newcastle for a season or so?