Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next CAS trust Meeting 25th September, Con Club Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the support addickted......

• Options
    Mentions on Meridian radio tonight, 7.58 Monday and hopefully on talk sport tommorow........
  • Options
    All power to ya. Enjoy it, too!
  • Options
    See you all at the meeting this evening folks.
  • Options
    Hoping to get along tonight. Came to the initial meeting and have followed the chat since, and from an 'audience perspective', there are three things that (in my opinion) I think need to be made clear tonight:

1. Mission statement - Why you think its important to have this body in existance, and what benefits you feel the Trust can bring, (have seen a lot of talk of 'we should have a Trust' and 'hundreds of other clubs have a Trust so we should to', but looking to have made clear in this case, why ?

2. What the short term objectives are of the Trust over the next 12 months

3. What the medium to long term objectives once established should be over the next say 2-5 years.

I think the formation of the Trust tonight is effectively a given, and other aspects such as forming committees, taking subscriptions etc are things that don't need to be rushed over the coming weeks.

Getting a clear message to the wider audience of what its about and what its realistic intentions are likely to be I think should be the main concentration tonight, and in the following few weeks.

Good luck to all involved, and respect for putting yourselves forward and giving up your time.
  • Options
    Our main aim is "To preserve cafc for this and future generations"

Longer term we would like the Trust to positively and actively engage with the Club to find ways to achieve our main aim, while representing the views of fans as an independent, inclusive, democratic organisation with close links to our local and remote community.

Our immediate goal is to generate enough interest and hopefully support for the idea of the Trust so we can get to that first objective of signed up members to participate in an AGM, while putting all the mechanisms such as membership and website into place to allow this to happen.

I feel that anything beyond that will be the remit of the post AGM board, remember we are an interim steering group, I would not wish to bind the people who take up the elected positions.

As for why we need a Trust, I believe it is important that as stakeholders, we fans have an independent voice concerning the running of our beloved club. We were priveleged to have this in the past, however this has changed as has the overall climate in football. There are key questions of sustainability which I believe will become more an more prevalent in coming years, that will require new models of ownership.

I believe it is time for our fans to become more active in safeguarding the future of our Club, no one else is going to do this for us.
  • Options
    Sorry that I can't attend the meetings as I live in Holland but wish you all the best and you have my support from abroad!!
  • Options
    think there should be a "net-meeting" or at least conference call at a future event to facilitate overseas fans participation? I know from living away for three years myself that paople have something to contribute...
  • Options
    hope it goes well ... see you at the next one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

think there should be a "net-meeting" or at least conference call at a future event to facilitate overseas fans participation? I know from living away for three years myself that paople have something to contribute...

we have looked at this and indeed we have a streaming expert on hand however it requires a venue with good upspeed web access, and that would come at a cost. Can you see the dilemma here?

I am of course open to ideas and suggestions however, perhaps for the AGM would be good.

• Options
    Raz, can't make it again tonight but still behind everything you're doing. Like AFKA I'd like to fully understand the objectives of the trust, the vision is admirable so how is the trust going to achieve its aims? - but fully appreciate that these may take a little time to form at the lower level.
  • Options
    There are numerous examples of how Trusts achieve their aims in various different scenarios, Supporters Direct have many case studies on their website, however I can't commit or second guess a post AGM CASTrust board, it wouldn't be fair. The best thing people can do is come along and join the debate, perhaps even do some research the ideas are out there.
  • Options
    As above:
    Can not be there tonight, but wish you and "The Trust" all the best.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Quietly impressed with tonight's meeting. Much different to three years ago, where on tonight's evidence the working groups all came across very well and good to see a vast range of age differences on the groups as well.

Keep it up, as things look and sound very promising.
  • Options
    I would like to support this as best as I can from abroad.
  • Options
    thanks Shirty5 I will be doing a summary a little bit later today
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Rob said:

I would like to support this as best as I can from abroad.

Rob, membership will be available very soon, meatime you can subscribe@castrust.org as a registered supporter of the Trust, giving your full details and receive our updates.

We are also looking for international addicks to form a global network so please email me direct if interested chair@castrust.org