Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley - Safety Advisory Group

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Not all grounds remove the bottle tops.
    Anyway, they will still let Millwall into the home end providing they have no bottle tops on there bottles
  • Options

Addickted said:

Bump.

The next meeting is this wednesday.

Amongst a couple of other points, I intend to bring up the issue of the situation in A Block on Saturday just to get the Clubs viewpoint.

Is there any other issues that people want raised?

You could ask about the Lansdowne Mews development and the disabled parking spaces lost
    Has there been any new provision, for those disabled, if not why not?

The disabled parking issues has been dealt with by providing additional spaces under the Charlton badge behind the North Stand.

CADSG are also looking into how they can work the disabled spaces better as quite frequently booked spaces aren't used, which can cause problems for other disabled fans. This is their field and I'll leave it to them to deal with the Club.

The Development of Landsdowne Mews - although interesting - is outside the remit of the SAG. I will speak to Mick or John outside of the meeting about it though.

• Options
    How about fixing the broken hand driers in E Stand toilet block 1. They work intermittently at best and not at all most of the time. People stop washing their hands, meet their friends and greet with a handshake. Said friend then buys themselves some chips... lovely.....
  • Options

Tops are removed from plastic bottles of coke etc that are sold in the ground (costing around £2).
    Very inconvenient for those bringing younger children to a game, and it slows down the retail operation.

I have only 2 questions:

How does anyone know that the purchaser doesn't have a spare top in his pocket, thus making the whole exercise pointless ?

Why would a nutter pay £2 for a plastic bottle to throw, when they could throw the £2 coin instead ?

I am not aware that this action is performed anywhere other than at football matches and it's a pointless regulation, regardless of why it is enforced.

Also it is easier and cheaper to bring them in from outside the ground with tops on. My son drinks half a bottle of pop at a game and the other half at home generally the next day. Not possible with no top.
  • Options
    This has been raised before. I have been assured that they are checked prior to every game and if not working they will be fixed or replaced by the next game.

The only real issues seem to be the ones in the JS stand where they seem to jump off the wall on their own accord when we play certain teams.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

This has been raised before. I have been assured that they are checked prior to every game and if not working they will be fixed or replaced by the next game.

One hasn't worked since this time last season and for the last 3 months the other works for 10 seconds if you are prepared to keep trying for 10 minutes!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Perhaps it would be an idea to check them after the game too. This way they can be fixed in time for the next game rather than being faulty for that (current) game.

• Options
    Millwall stewards wern't even bothered about drinking your beer at your seat!
  • Options
    Hand driers? Pleeeeeease!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Pleased to noticed in the warmup period at the last Home League match nets temporarily raised behind the goals , to protect the fans from getting hit , a great idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Them nets are an absolute joke. Why not fully enclose the pitch with nets like at Goals or somewhere, if people are that scared about getting hit by a ball - at a football match of all places!
  • Options
    Offie , i take it you sit quite high up?
  • Options

Plenty of empty seats about for people to sit where they want. I would suggest that sitting behind the temporary goal during the warm up is not the most ideal place if you are genuinely worried about getting hit by a ball.
  • Options

Yes, on top of my horse - before anyone else says it!
  • Options
    how about giving out full face helmits ? then at the next cup game we can pull the visors down and have a kip ?
  • Options
    I think we've get enough helmets in the ground already!
  • Options
    Ground Regs:
    1 Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:
    1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person

Will we turn away all Millwall supporters and the gate? They annoy me.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Bump.

The next meeting is this wednesday.

Amongst a couple of other points, I intend to bring up the issue of the situation in A Block on Saturday just to get the Clubs viewpoint.

Is there any other issues that people want raised?

You could ask about the Lansdowne Mews development and the disabled parking spaces lost
    Has there been any new provision, for those disabled, if not why not?

The disabled parking issues has been dealt with by providing additional spaces under the Charlton badge behind the North Stand.

CADSG are also looking into how they can work the disabled spaces better as quite frequently booked spaces aren't used, which can cause problems for other disabled fans. This is their field and I'll leave it to them to deal with the Club.

The Development of Landsdowne Mews - although interesting - is outside the remit of the SAG. I will speak to Mick or John outside of the meeting about it though.

Thanks for the reply, good to see that the club have made provision re the disabled parking.
    I do not expect the SAG group to get involved with the mews development, except in regard to the public access on the way in to Sam Bartram's turnstile, along the mews. Interestingly there is 'Japanesse Knot weed' on the mews development, which is the reason according to the planning officer this morning why work has started, to remove this and clear the site. I know this stuff is dreadful, even if you burn it out?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Addickted said:

Is there any other issues that people want raised?</</b>blockquote>

Yes last time smallwall came to the valley it was noticable how many of their fans obtained tickets in home areas.
    This lead to a few arguments, even scuffles in different areas of the ground.

Are the club going to put SERIOUS restrictions on tickets this time out to stop them getting in, or will we need to smash their fu***** heads in?

:)

• Options
    hand driers! wow!

how about lining up an army of hand dryers facing the pitch during the warm up so as when one of our great strikers hits a wayward shot it automatically turns on pushing the ball back keeping us all safe and happy.......

intermittently of course
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any feedback from this?
  • Options
    Nohting yet - I wasn't able to attend.

As soon as I have a copy of the minutes I will feedback. I requested two issues raised.

1) Handriers
    2) Reasons for the over zealous treatment of fans in A Block of the East Stand during the Cup Match

Also passed on thanks for the fixing of nets to prevent injury during the warm ups.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

1) Handriers
    2) Reasons for the over zealous treatment of fans in A Block of the East Stand during the Cup Match

If ever 2 agenda items highlighted the vast spectrum of our support it is this! ;-)
  • Options
    Those are the issues I was requested to 'bring to the table'.

I am but a mere humble servant of the whims of others :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I've heard that the hand dryers were working before Red Division turned up. That's why the police had to round them all up, one by one and take all their details.
    The lad that was ejected, was due to the fact, that he hadn't washed his hands, after having a pee.
  • Options

I've heard that the hand dryers were working before Red Division turned up. That's why the police had to round them all up, one by one and take all their details.
    The lad that was ejected, was due to the fact, that he hadn't washed his hands, after having a pee.</blockquote
    So he probably works in Erith Pizza then Covered..... or was he just taking the piss?

• Options

The lad that was ejected, was due to the fact, that he hadn't washed his hands, after having a pee.

Good to see how all the threads on Charlton Life inevitably link up ;-)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Sorry stonemuse could not resist that one..., but there is a certain 'Wagnerian Ring of the Nibelung' although most times it is a bit of a 'soap opera'
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Reminds me when we used to play " Consequences"

Anyone else remember that simple little game ( which could be a real laugh....when you're about 11 !) ?

• Options
    I wonder if this is something that could perhaps be brought up.

I've noticed this season that there are a lot of cars being allowed to drive along Floyd Road and Harvey Gardens before the game and straight after when there are thousands of people around. This never used to happen and is quite frankly an accident waiting to happen. I don't know if the policing has changed or what, but if the club could give an answer perhaps?