Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is this the worst song ever released?

13»

Comments

• This could be a very long thread. Just update it with the current top 40 on a weekly basis and bob's ya uncle...................................

Spot on. It's the age of vacuous pap.
    "Baby, here's my number..."
    Actually, you can stick for f*******G number up your a**e.

Maybe I'm just getting old

• AlexC said:

im pretty sure any rap music is bad.

this in particular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Oux1lN__4

Well that all depends if you like rap music or not, if you are a fan of rap you will know that there are some very clever artists. Just shit like 50 cent gives rap a bad name.
    No, it's always a man talking over a catchy tune. A man talking isn't music
    sit down and listen to some GOOD hip hop, like the stuff in the 90s, NWA, Dr Dre, Eazy E, Snoop Dogg, Tupac and Notorious B.I.G are awesome, also check out tracks produced by J Dilla, it will show you there is definite skill in rap/hip hop. Those guys are just incredible.
  • AlexC said:

im pretty sure any rap music is bad.

this in particular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Oux1lN__4

Well that all depends if you like rap music or not, if you are a fan of rap you will know that there are some very clever artists. Just shit like 50 cent gives rap a bad name.
    No, it's always a man talking over a catchy tune. A man talking isn't music
    sit down and listen to some GOOD hip hop, like the stuff in the 90s, NWA, Dr Dre, Eazy E, Snoop Dogg, Tupac and Notorious B.I.G are awesome, also check out tracks produced by J Dilla, it will show you there is definite skill in rap/hip hop. Those guys are just incredible.
    Have to agree with the 90s hip hop appraisal. Was a quality time for rap with artists like A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, Gang Starr, De La Soul, Wu Tang Clan. It was a time of innovative sampling, slamming beats and a mindset far removed from the 'gangstas, bitches and money' philosophy so loved by 00s artistes. Like all genres rap has it's good and it's bad. Just a shame that the shit seems to rise to the top.
  • There are soooo many terrible songs.
    It makes me wish i could turn my hearing off.
  • Cop a listen to the Wham backing singers Pepsi and Shirley singing "All right now" the Free classic - they released it as a single -
  • jdsd42 said:

Cop a listen to the Wham backing singers Pepsi and Shirley singing "All right now" the Free classic - they released it as a single -

Just watched this on You Tube - my guess is they'd never heard the original.
  • Old thread, but Elbows song One Day Like This is just appallingly dreadful, how many fucking curtains does he have?..

"One Day Like This"

Drinking in the morning sun
    Blinking in the morning sun
    Shaking off a heavy one
    Yeah, heavy like a loaded gun

What made me behave that way?
    Using words I never say
    I can only think it must be love
    Oh anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

Someone tell me how I feel
    It's silly wrong, but vivid right
    Oh, kiss me like a final meal
    Yeah, kiss me like we die tonight

'Cause holy cow, I love your eyes
    And only now I see the light
    Yeah, lying with you half awake
    Oh, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

When my face is chamois creased
    If you think I wink, I did
    Laugh politely at repeats
    Yeah, kiss me when my lips are thin

Yeah, lying with you half awake
    Stumbling over what to say
    Well, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

So throw those curtains wide
    One day like this a year would see me right
    Throw those curtains wide

One day like this a year would see me right for life

• One Day Like This is a very good song.
  • edited October 2019
    Its a miserable,(clearly) repetitive dirge , should be played at the same time as the National Anthem or funerals.
  • I’ve been to two weddings where it’s been the first dance. Not a good song. 
  • Sponsored links:

• One Day Like This is a very good song.
    I think it's a decent tune but the lyrics are appalling. 
  • I think you'll find that Bom Bom Bom song thats all over the place at the moment takes the mantle for worst song ever. It's a disgrace to 'music'
    Thanks for the recommendation. Agree with the OP on that song but this one?

I drank 16 pints of rum and then I go bom bom. :-)
  • edited October 2019
    One Day Like This is a very good song.
    They used to be my favourite band. I think their music may sound boring to some. I loved all of their albums up until 'The Take Off and Landing of Everything'. 

I just received my order of their B-side compilation album 'Dead in the Boot' yesterday. (I don't often buy CDs nowadays days unless it's an album by my favourite musician and on sale.)  One sentence Guy Garvey writes in the sleeve notes is that they make records for escapism, for personal experience, for somewhere else to go in your day to change your mood. I always remember one morning on my way to work a few years ago I listened to One Day Like This. I was not totally enjoying my work during that time but when I heard this song it put a smile on my face. It was a beautiful sunny day. I felt good immediately. I didn't realise how wonderful the song actually was until that moment. Since then I've come to understand why many British people use it at their weddings. 

Anyway, I don't intend to defend Elbow here. I just think music is a very personal thing. It's not like other usual products. Around the time that I went to university I started to listen to British rock bands of the 80's-00's and synth bands of the 80's. Before that it was all 00's British and American boy and girl bands for me. I started to feel what I'd been playing previously for years was 'shite'. But 14 years later now I don't think that way anymore. Boy/girl bands' music is attached to my childhood and will always bring memories of those years to me. Plus there are SO many songs out there and you can always hear one that you don't like but others do. I just don't have the 'I feel suprerior listening to xx' notion anymore. It's more like 'a song/a musician becomes popular for a reason' and 'to each his own'. ;)

PS. Sorry I didn't know I'd write that long a post. Thanks to anyone for reading it all. :D 
  • Old thread, but Elbows song One Day Like This is just appallingly dreadful, how many fucking curtains does he have?..

Although I'm an Elbow fan you did make me laugh there. 😂
  • Jesus Christ I've listened to the first three examples on this thread & I would say it's a three way tie. Dread to think what lies ahead haha
  • I’ve got an entry to this thread. While this is musically just below average, and there are some appalling songs listed here, either by design or otherwise, I don’t think there’s anything that competes lyrically with this song. 

It’s called Everything Eventually and was written/ performed by the Appleton sisters, who, after leaving All Saints, attempted to forge a new pop career in a duo group imaginatively titled, Appleton. 

The song is about their daily lives, and as you will see, not a huge amount happened to them on a daily basis. When you combine that with the lyric-crafting skills of a child... well, you’ll see... (at least read the last line if not the entire poetic masterpiece). 

I wake up in the morning
    Pull the blinds and see the sunshine
    And I wonder if this Monday
    Will wipe the rain of yesterday

Lets go fishing down the river
    Lets go fly a kite on primrose hills
    Take advantage of the sunshine
    There's no telling when the rain comes in

I feel good I feel fine
    Kicked the flu last week now I'm alright
    Come and meet me on the corner
    Just pick me up and we can drive
    Now I'm sitting feeling pretty
    that's the music on the radio
    Feel I'm walking away while running
    With my favourite song I'm humming

Da da daaaa 
    Da da daaaa
    Da da daaaa-aah

I walked in to my house
    Saw a spider in the bathtub
    Then I screamed and then it ran
    'Cause it was just as scared as I was
    Call my mum to tell her I love her
    Cause she always has been there for me
    See at last I’m with a family
    that'll love me till eternity 

Dressing up with no effort
    With my hair up in a pony tail
    My jeans are getting rugged
    I'll go buy myself another pair
    Got a call from by boyfriend
    saying he’ll be here at seven (edit - that’s Liam Gallagher)
    He said he made a reservation
    at our local dining station

As I walked down the street
    Puddles soaking up my feet
    In the water there's reflection
    Of the city streets protection
    Stand and face me just in case you
    Miss the chance now to embrace me

Lets enjoy this dark and rainy night 
    Started here, started there, 
    But my skirts a knot and I don't care 
    I got home, kissed my daughter 
    Jumped into bed with my lover 
    Listen to Harry Potter 
    On the cassette player audio

• buckshee said:
    How about this? The lyrics make it both the worst and the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45BWJzCX8jU
    special request to the man like fred west!