Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell on Reo-Coker suggestion

13»

Comments

• Options
    Not sure where the comments about ego and only being interested in money are coming from about Reo-Coker. As I remember, he was the lead voice a few years back in getting Premiership players to give up a day's wages for nurses and has always come across as very close to his family...rather than a flash, nightclub resident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6408001.stm

http://www.kickitout.org/919.php

Would be delighted if Powell can persuade him to join and even more so if Dale also stays.
  • Options
    He will probably want a release clause for january should a premier league come in for him.
  • Options
    all the times his name has been mentioned i thought, no way, we wont get him. i read somewhere he turned down Fulham and that he was wanted by Fiorentina. But now Powell has said that I'm thinking it might be possible.

If we sold stephens for £2m, that would cover the cost of a 2 year contract on £17k a week, plus a couple of hundred grand signing on fee. that should be enough to entice Reo-Coker.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Not sure where the comments about ego and only being interested in money are coming from about Reo-Coker. As I remember, he was the lead voice a few years back in getting Premiership players to give up a day's wages for nurses and has always come across as very close to his family...rather than a flash, nightclub resident.

http://www.kickitout.org/919.php

From the above link

""There were other men I admired over the years who you could call father figures, but I don't want to embarrass them by naming them. ""

Is Powell not one of them?
  • Options
    Normally I would laugh off this speculation ,but I listened this morning to SCP's interview and he gave a very similar answer as he did about Fuller a couple of weeks ago .

He mentioned that he did play with NRC and said he would look into the possibility .I suspect like with Fuller he already is in talks and that we might be attractive bearing in mind we are a South London club playing in the CCC and the window to the Prem would be shut once the 25 man teams are announced .

It seems to be quite fashionable now for players to take four month contracts ,maybe we could sign Nigel until January and see where it goes .
  • Options
    Powell will have played with him when they got promoted with West Ham.
  • Options
    I think it would be great to get NRC whether he would come here or not is debateable but to my mind he's a better player than Stephens
  • Options
    Stephens? surely you mean 'DS'. :-)
  • Options
    just seems odd wanting a nigel in a charlton shirt
  • Options
    Sorry Saga I must get aligned on the acronyms!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry Saga I must get aligned on the acronyms!

Thanks DA.

I read several posts on this before I cottoned on to what the hell an NRC was tbh.
  • Options

I bumped into the lollipop lady who helps NRC's best mate's, sisters', friend's kids across the road to their school.

She hates football but thinks it will be raining again by Tuesday.
  • Options
    bbc sport's deadline day stream quoted a tweet saying nrc was having a medical at notts forest
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    That's where we do all our medicals now. Cheaper up north and he'll be ready for tomorrow.
  • Options
    If his options have dried up a little and if he is mates with Powell - you could see a scenario where he might come on a short term deal to keep himself in the shop window. More likely not to happen I know, but possible and could ultimately benefit him and us.
  • Options
    Cant see reo coker playing for us tbh
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Cnt c nrc plyng 4 CAFC tbh

Fixed.
  • Options
    Seems me may be going Forest. Why would Powell be so open about a move though? Surprised at that, he normally only speaks about players if we are definitely interested.
  • Options
    Who you calling a cnt

8*)
  • Options

Remind me never to play poker with Powell.......................................

Remember being slated for inferring that maybe CP was being, shall we say, limited with the truth regarding transfers / budget. It's part of a manager's job - good on him. All that matters is the team and club prosper and if we stay in the dark a bit more, then so what. That's not to say we have bundles necessarily but i've seen nothing to validate a financial crisis so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Remind me never to play poker with Powell.......................................

Remember being slated for inferring that maybe CP was being, shall we say, limited with the truth regarding transfers / budget. It's part of a manager's job - good on him. All that matters is the team and club prosper and if we stay in the dark a bit more, then so what. That's not to say we have bundles necessarily but i've seen nothing to validate a financial crisis so far.
    Would tend to go along with this summary ,but only after 11pm tonight.