Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks chief not giving up on N'Guessan deal yet

2»

Comments

• Scoham said:

I don't really see where he fits in. I get that he might be useful as a squad player - but doesn't he want first team football? He'd be 4th or 5th choice striker. Out wide we've got plenty of options in Jackson, Cook, Kerkar, Pritchard, Wagstaff, Wilson and Green.

Agree with this. We seem to have a air few fringe players and not enough solid starting players at the moment.

Nobody bought Slater's "we bought players for the Championship" schtick.

N'Guessan is another bench warmer for me. Plays a few good games then is anonymous.
    Actually, when we pecker-slapped the entire league only losing 5 times I kind of did..
    Massive jump between League 1 and Championship. Ask Johnnie Jackson.
  • Scoham said:

I don't really see where he fits in. I get that he might be useful as a squad player - but doesn't he want first team football? He'd be 4th or 5th choice striker. Out wide we've got plenty of options in Jackson, Cook, Kerkar, Pritchard, Wagstaff, Wilson and Green.

Agree with this. We seem to have a air few fringe players and not enough solid starting players at the moment.

N'Guessan is another bench warmer for me. Plays a few good games then is anonymous.
    Actually, when we pecker-slapped the entire league only losing 5 times I kind of did..
    But a jump we can make according to our start to the season. Just ask Leicester. I don't think we signed a team that could realistically push for honours ourside an outrageous run of form but I really think this is a Championship team. Anything we can add to it is gravy
  • Scoham said:

we're 3 games in mate.
  • Powell said he wants him, because he adds something different. He could have played on the right yesterday & supported Solly.

He couldn't have been worse than Pritchard & Cook (apologies to those 2), who were just brushed aside so easily.
  • Scoham said:

But a jump we can make according to our start to the season. Just ask Leicester. I don't think we signed a team that could realistically push for honours ourside an outrageous run of form but I really think this is a Championship team. Anything we can add to it is gravy
    Think we have a Championship team, but not a squad.
  • Scoham said:

Think we have a Championship team, but not a squad.
    Yes and no. The squad is enough to get by in the Championship but that would be the very limits of what it could do, and probably not all that comfortably. Having three good strikers in Kermo/BWP/Fuller (on current evidence) and passable options in Haynes and Smith is the bare minimum of the level of quality a squad would need. Unfortunately with the possible exception of goalkeeper (depending on how good Button is) the other areas having nothing like enough depth.

• edited September 2012
    So it was Yes and Yes then.