Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luke Young

edited August 2012 in Rumours
IF Solly was to go to the Spammers, maybe we could snaffle Luke young on loan or something. He is unlikely to make QRP's 25 man squad and seems surplus to requirements now that they have Bosingwa. Okay he is 33 and would demand huge wages but I for would love to see him back and I’m sure he would still be big mates with Sir Chris.

Comments

• He'd be a class above in the Championship. Don't suppose it will happen though.
  • He's the obvious choice for me if Solly did go, reckon he'd be happy to come back as well. Might be able to get QPR to pay a percentage of his wages.

Still rather keep Solly though.
  • No, let's move on and try and bring a youngster in from elsewhere and bring them up to CCC standard, I am not a fan of bringing in old players on big dough, we have been down that route before!
  • Fish from Gills
  • Fish from Gills

Yep, Fish have gills.

• HELL NO
  • Luke Young still lives in Wimbeldon Village, my mate is his best mate, who is a black cab driver, he used to take him to Euston every morning when he was at Villa so he could get the train to go training, hated his time at Villa, top bloke by all accounts, and loved his time at Charlton.
  • Luke Young very reliable and a great replacement - Alan Hutton from Villa surplus to requirements
  • Hutton or young would be great IMHO..experienced at prem level would do well ...
  • All we'd need is Fish, Costa and Fortune
  • Sponsored links:

• Hutton is awful defensively.

I think Young could be an option on reduced wages - QPR haven't given him a squad number so if it's pay all his wages and not play him, or get some wages in, they may well agree to the latter.
  • another option maybe Stephen Kelly at Fulham ?
  • @stone would love for him to come back. Biggest fan.
  • Can't stand Hutton, definitely has the look about him that he thinks he is better than he actually is.

Would love Luke Young back though :)
  • Oggy Red said:

Fish from Gills

Yep, Fish have gills.

This.
  • Luke Young would be one of the best RB's in the division.
  • Those fags will catch you with him.
  • If we had to lose Solly i would be delighted with Young back here, one of my favourite premier league players, that we had.
  • If we had to lose Solly i would be delighted with Young back here, one of my favourite premier league players, that we had.

This

Mine too, so reliable. I think Solly will be as good actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• And how much do you think his wages will be? In one season, as much as we'd get for Solly. And getting slower by the week.

High wage exPrem players past their best are not the answer. One is quite enough.
  • And how much do you think his wages will be? In one season, as much as we'd get for Solly. And getting slower by the week.

High wage exPrem players past their best are not the answer. One is quite enough.

As much as I liked Luke Young, I totally agree with you!
  • we could get QPR to pay some of his wages though. If its the only offer on the table I am sure they would accept. I agree I do not want 7/8 high profile past its, but I still think Young could easily do a job in the championship.
  • If we all pitched in with our newly claimed PPI money we could afford his wages easily!
  • obviously all hypothetical but id say no as hed add nothing to the future of the team and cost more money ...probably a better charcter to have around than danny mills but a more expensive one than jason euell
  • Didn't we sign Wilson to replace or cover Solly?
  • edited August 2012

Didn't we sign Wilson to replace or cover Solly?

We signed Wilson because we had no one as back up for Solly last season. I wish people would stop saying we signed him to replace Solly.

Anyway I'd love Young back he was always my favourite player while he was here.
  • I like Luke Young, and think he'd be a good signing, don't think we could afford him though, must be on a fair wedge at QPR.
  • Agree with Norfolk.

Wilson was signed to satisfy Powells 2 players per position rule.

So Solly would need to be replaced (and no, Fish at Gillingham doesnt count).

• I wish we'd never sold Luke young but he was and probably is far better than tier 2. Coupled with the fact he earns a fortune and is entering the twilight of his career it's a no. Great full back though