Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hamer

2»

Comments

• He has improved massively in 12 months - imagine how much he could improve in another 2-3 years.

He has the potential to be one of the best keepers we've had in the past 10-20 years.
  • He has more threads than the Tehran Carpet Exhibition.

Some of us have been saying he will be a Charlton icon for a year or so already!
  • feel so much better about him already this season. looks stronger and more confident. he means business this season and i love players who relish the step up.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Just seen this on his twitter, not so good off the field.

Obviously needs a good woman to take him in hand......
  • Fair play to him, he looks much more confident now than at times last season and was excellent yesterday. Lets hope he can keep it going.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Just seen this on his twitter, not so good off the field.

Obviously needs a good woman to take him in hand......

Pretty sure if he gets caught doing that it's a 2 week wages fine !!
  • Saves yesterday don't count as the "shots were all straight at him" or does that only apply when other keepers pull off one great save after another? : - )

Whether it is the eye surgery or just more games he has improved steadily since the middle of last season. His shot stopping was always good and his distribution very good but his handling and positioning from crosses have got better. He's not dropping crosses or getting caught in no mans land so far this year.

Yet to see him get a bollocking from his centre halves as happened quite a few times last year which is also a good thing.
  • Saves yesterday don't count as the "shots were all straight at him" or does that only apply when other keepers pull off one great save after another? : - )

Whether it is the eye surgery or just more games he has improved steadily since the middle of last season. His shot stopping was always good and his distribution very good but his handling and positioning from crosses have got better. He's not dropping crosses or getting caught in no mans land so far this year.

Yet to see him get a bollocking from his centre halves as happened quite a few times last year which is also a good thing.

Not shots straight against him, it's his positioning that make it seem easy like the Greats of old, Jennings for instance rarely dives, it's those out of position that need to pull off dives that makes them "look" good...

Not shots straight against him, it's his positioning that make it seem easy like the Greats of old, Jennings for instance rarely dives, it's those out of position that need to pull off dives that makes them "look" good...
    I know that but it just seems that didn't apply at Bournemouth a few years back

: - )

• Have to admit to not being his biggest fan and thought (and still do to some extent) that we needed another keeper to at least provide competition. But I have to say I think he's been fantastic this season, particuarly on Tuesday. If I have one criticism it's that he holds onto the ball when he could release it sooner and give us an advantage.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he keeps up his current standards, England will start to notice.

behave
  • Hamer looks like a modern GK. right physique. Think he is only going to get better and better and I think he is more than decent now.
  • Reminds me of De Gea and Chesney (no hope in hell of spelling it correctly !!!) in terms of physique
  • I don't think he has improved that much, just that he has had more to do and is doing it well. People criticised him for no reason last year, he was very good.

Quality keeper. Had to get over some fans disliking him because he replaced Elliott last year. Has all the attributes to be a top quality player. Also we seem to have an excellent goalkeeping coach in Ben Roberts.

Agree with these points of view.
  • After thinking about it I take my Hamer loving back for the timebeing.
    Over 40 games left in the season and keepers get judged by there mistakes. Plenty time for them
  • I'd rather judge him by the clean sheets and saves to be honest.
  • WSS said:

I'd rather judge him by the clean sheets and saves to be honest.

To which there were a record number last season

• Maturing into a great goalie infront Of our eyes enjoy it Because if it keeps up he will be gone

Good young keepers with experience are a good commodity
  • that double save against hull late = 10/10.

he did very well to get down and palm the first shot away, but the way he quickly cut the angle down on the second rebound shot was spectacular. hes becoming a huge fan favorite for me... superb

behave
    I'm going to remember this post :)

• Sponsored links:

behave
    I'm going to remember this post :)

Joe Hart
    Jack Butland
    Frankie Fielding
    Scott Loach maybe?

who are the bright young goalies out there?

Ben Foster is retured I think, Kirkland is out of contention, Paul Robinson is proper fat now.

Stranger things have happened but I do think England might be a bridge too far for our Benny unless he plays in the Prem

• He made the Sky Sports Championship team of the week.