Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portable game consoles.

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
I’m starting my dialysis on the 15th September and have been told that I’ll be wired up to the machine for 5 hours per day, 3 days a week. As well as maybe reading a few books, I was thinking about getting a portable games console so could anyone recommend a decent one?
Baring in mind my last one was the original Gameboy; I’m a bit out of touch with this sort of thing.

Cheers

Comments

• PSP Vita or whatever it's called

Nintendo DS
  • I don't know if my kids are typical of the younger generation, but both seem to have given up with dedicated consuls. Instead choosing to download games to more general devises; one uses a Samsung Galaxy the other an iPod Touch for this.

Good luck with the dialysis.
  • As being part of the younger generation I will make you three suggestions

Nintendo 3Ds- Cheapest option, however only allowed limited play time as can cause nausea

iPad- great toy , loads of good apps , entertainment for hours, but it won't come cheap and apps cost extra most of the time

Ps vita (recommendation) - it may be fairly expensive but it gives a much wider variety of games and has smart controls , it is easy to master , however you will need to experiment to find a game you like

Hope my views helped, and I would say go for the PS vita, if you have a bit of cash spare though go for the iPad , easily the best gadget on the market
  • Oh yeah , hope the dialysis goes well mate
  • As being part of the younger generation .

I'd never have guessed.
  • Try and pick up a Dingoo (search Google). It's an emulator so you can play all the old school games that you know and love.
    Good luck with the dialysis, I work for the NHS and have worked on the renal units. It's a long haul but if you can find something that helps pass the time then I'm all for it.
    BTW if you do get a Dingoo then PM me and I might be able to sort you out with some games although I have know idea where they might have come from ;-)
  • Of course you could go for a DS XL or a 3DS XL - It depends on what games you like but Nintendo have games like professor Layton that really pass the time.
  • and the Xls have nice big screens
  • PS Vita's are decent, if sports is your thing I'm currently addicted to MLB 12 on it!
  • 3Ds Xl is pretty good, I'd go for that
  • Sponsored links:

• If you like a nic elong adventure rpg game expertly done- legend of Zelda on 3ds is great - Mario £d land great fun and the professor laytons are brilliant with an adventure to solve by completing addictive IQ puzzles.
  • Cheers all, will have a look on Amazon.
  • You can get football manager on your iPhone/iPad - pass your time trying to build Charlton into the force we all know they should be !!

Best of luck with your treatment.
  • Another good thing about 3Ds is that it runs DS games which you can get quite cheap, Fantastic choice andyou can get a lot cheap -If you buy one of the Nintendo magazines, both feature the best games on their consoles and you can find what they are for th etype of game you like.
  • Nice one fellas, thats been a great help.