Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bottom returns - BBC2 commissions new series

DA9DA9
edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Great news, discuss

Comments

• Excellent news
  • "dont go back"
  • Really hope it works, I think they left it long enough that with the right script it could be as funny as the originals. But you do run the risk of looking like youre flogging a dead horse
  • Flogging a dead horse might be a good idea for an episode....literally
  • Prince Harry to make a cameo appearance?
  • Loved this. Great news
  • I've heard it may be based around Hooligan's Island
  • My gf is happy about this, she made me watch it but I didn't find it funny mostly
  • This has really made my day, favourite show ever! Never thought we'd get anymore episodes. Hope it lives up to the original 3 series.
  • The last couple of live shows were a bit average, but they've not done any of those for a while so hopefully they've got some new ideas. Can't wait!

Spent most of my teenage years dropping quotes from the original shows into everyday conversation, probably much to the annoyance of whoever I was talking to.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm off to buy a smashing blouse to celebrate.
  • Beilliant news. Although they both died at the end if series 3?
  • thought it crap first time around, won't watch this time either
  • lolwray said:

"dont go back"

Can't help feeling it's a bit like a once great band getting back together years later to record new material. It's probably not going to be that good, but there's always hope!
  • Found it funny as a child, it will be interesting to see if I still find it funny now.

Do your balls hang low, can you swing them to and for...
  • edited August 2012

Beilliant news. Although they both died at the end if series 3?

yes they were gunned down by the SAS after trying to blackmail tony blair.

but then the young ones blew up in a bus yet somehow survived so I'm sure they'll completely gloss over the fact.
  • Those two are obviously a bit short of cash.
  • Those two are obviously a bit short of cash.

I very much doubt it, rik went on to do more than his fair share of work after bottom while adrian is a writter and married to jenifer saunders who is cakey enough for the two of them.
  • Did Adrian beat up someone who posts on here?
  • I thought they died at the end of most of the episodes in series 3, they definitely died in the burning ferris wheel
  • Sponsored links:

• Prefered The Young Ones.... which I would make a point of watching.
    Bottom had a few good laughs in it so it was worth watching from time to time but not with the same level of expectation.
  • Who was it on here who chined Aid Edmonds at a charity awards do....he'll not be best pleased.
  • Who was it on here who chined Aid Edmonds at a charity awards do....he'll not be best pleased.

think it was BDL who had a swedge with him

• Stebo said:

Beilliant news. Although they both died at the end if series 3?

yes they were gunned down by the SAS after trying to blackmail tony blair.

but then the young ones blew up in a bus yet somehow survived so I'm sure they'll completely gloss over the fact.
    They were trying to blackmail John Major - that's how long ago it was!
  • never reached the heights of mr jolly.
  • Sky plussed a few of these on UK Gold as I thought it was brilliant as a 14 year old, and funnily enough I thought it was brilliant as a 34 year old.

Stone Roses and Bottom reforming in the same year, marvellous.
  • Best news since SCP return! Cant wait!
  • I'll look out for it, but to be honest, I thought slapstick was dead.
    Hoping for the best; expecting nothing at all.
  • My funniest Bottom moment (ooer), was one of the live DVD's recorded in Southampton, when Ade Edmondson reveals off script that he was born in Southampton, hence the crowd going mad, then him and Rick Mayall do this whole ad lib thing for a few minutes, genius.