Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lance Armstrong

124»

Comments

• Options

It's a shame that it can never be proved that he might have won without drugs.

It almost has been. Looking at some of the earlier posts it seems that pretty much every rider in the top 5 of the TdF in all the years that Armstrong won was on drugs. If we assume that LA was indeed also on drugs then it seems he was still the best cyclist. Either that or his drugs were better.

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2012

It's sickening how LA used the Cancer charity as a shield, in a similar manner to Jimmy Saville with his charity work.....made them nigh on untouchable.

Yes, but Armstrong allegedly cheated at a sport, Saville allegedly abused kids.

Armstrong, if guilty, has damaged his and his sports image, no real harm done in the scheme of things, Saville has allegedly damaged lifes, very different.
  • Options
    cafc_joe said:

I am gutted by this news. They have been on his case for so long. Anyone would get tired of the same accusations over and over, when you have undergone more drug tests than anyone other sportsman in the history of sport. The tactics are very shady- offering 'incentives' to competitors to come forward to testify against him. There is no concrete evidence of any wrong-doing, but there must come a point when you can't take it all anymore (legal costs/ emotional impact etc). They have been out to get him and it looks like they have got what they wanted.

I expect you think Michael Jackson was a nice bloke too...
  • Options
    I've now seen the earlier post...Hmmm, as they were all taking drugs just say he was brilliant in the drug era.
  • Options

cafc_joe said:

I am gutted by this news. They have been on his case for so long. Anyone would get tired of the same accusations over and over, when you have undergone more drug tests than anyone other sportsman in the history of sport. The tactics are very shady- offering 'incentives' to competitors to come forward to testify against him. There is no concrete evidence of any wrong-doing, but there must come a point when you can't take it all anymore (legal costs/ emotional impact etc). They have been out to get him and it looks like they have got what they wanted.

11 former colleagues have testified against him, pretty damning evidence.

• Options
    DA9 said:

cafc_joe said:

11 former colleagues have testified against him, pretty damning evidence.

Exactly.

• Options

????

Not too sure what you're saying there, but I've totally missed that metaphor.

• Options
    Wouldn't it be easier just to try and find a road cyclist who hasn't taken drugs?
  • Options
    cafc_joe said:

????

You seem to be denying the facts, like Michael Jackson fans do. Apologies if I misunderstand your sentiments.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Wouldn't it be easier just to try and find a road cyclist who hasn't taken drugs?

Christ, even I dont count as I'm on asthma steroids :-(

• Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc_joe said:

????

You seem to be denying the facts, like Michael Jackson fans do. Apologies if I misunderstand your sentiments.

Well, I stand to be corrected. I am a believer in innocent until proven guilty, but I think that the boat has now sailed on that one.
  • Options
    Michael Jackson, the worlds most loved paedophile
  • Options
    DA9 said:

It's sickening how LA used the Cancer charity as a shield, in a similar manner to Jimmy Saville with his charity work.....made them nigh on untouchable.

Yes, but Armstrong allegedly cheated at a sport, Saville allegedly abused kids.

Armstrong, if guilty, has damaged his and his sports image, no real harm done in the scheme of things, Saville has allegedly damaged lifes, very different.
    Armstrong is guilty and has ruined lives, not like Mad Jimmy granted but the analogy of hiding behind charity too avoid any investigation is similar.

People who don't believe he hasn't doped are the same who think the world is flat.
  • Options

cafc_joe said:

He did write that back in August tho.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

cafc_joe said:

Who did?
  • Options
    You did!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

You did!

Yeah of course I did. Bellend.
  • Options
    oh dear. i was trying to be nice.
  • Options
    cafc_joe said:

Curb_It said:

You did!

Yeah of course I did. Bellend.
    grow up
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Totally misread your post there. Sorry mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

cafc_joe said:

Yes, I didn't pick up on that until after I had written it actually Curb it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    cafc_joe said:

Curb_It said:

Totally misread your post there. Sorry mate.
    That's okay, I realised. Its when it only quotes parts of the previous quotes that causes it... I think.

• Options
    Yeah, sorry mate. Ignore all of my previous comments.
  • Options
    Ahead of his "confession" this coming Friday on Oprah at 2am and his apology to his Livestrong staff yesterday, I decided to have a read of Tyler Hamilton's book, "The Secret Race" over the last week or so. For those that dont know Hamilton, he was one of Armstrong's team mates at US Postal. Christ almighty, wish I'd read this book sooner. I wont spoil it for those of you that may want to read it but it really does spell out the lengths to which they went to cheat. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    It was pretty much all out there. All the talk of Mr Moto, blood bags being thrown down a loo to impede Floyd's progress, the pressure to dope from the team were in a text conversation with Vaughters and Andreu: Came out of the Tailwind Sports case. The doctor who left the Montgomery Bell team, when most of the riders came to him - including Tyler - to ask to be put on what the Europeans were taking. Shame the majority of Lance Armstrong fans and Tyler fans, claimed this huge body of evidence was a hatchet job and hearsay.